IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > 域名

域名 Discussion for Chinese IDN domain names. Chinese domains include .cn, .com, & .net.
This section is for discussion only Please do NOT post Chinese domains for sale here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th August 2009, 12:22 PM

mgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enough
Baidu Index

Baidu index has been redesigned. They have gotten rid of the actual search numbers now and now just show the trends.

They now have related search terms under, which may be useful. Also showing visitor demographics at the bottom of the page.

index.baidu.com
Old 26th August 2009, 03:28 PM

MDM is on a distinguished roadMDM is on a distinguished roadMDM is on a distinguished roadMDM is on a distinguished roadMDM is on a distinguished roadMDM is on a distinguished road
Re: Baidu Index

The actual nos are useful as well, don't understand why they are removed.
Old 26th August 2009, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Because they were useful?
Old 26th August 2009, 08:13 PM

Asiaplay is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Mgrohan...

Yeah - I noticed that if you "mouse over" the line graph - you can see the daily figures / numbers still for a given point in time (orange number pops up above the graph)... so that can be used as a guide
(just no averages by week, quarter etc. anymore)... but actually more data is available perhaps than before (even for the numbers) .
Notice the drag bar in lower graph where time period can be easily set as well... cool!

I also like the other breakdowns (suggested words is nice!) and other things
i.e. split by city, age range, occupation and educational level etc. - thats great! (wonder how accurate those bottom stats are though, as whatever word I put in around 75% of searches are done by men verse women... e.g. choosing something I think girls would be more likely to search "sanitary pads" 卫生巾 ... only 26.54% searching were woman! Seems strange... ).

Cheers all - Asiaplay

Last edited by Asiaplay; 26th August 2009 at 08:29 PM..
Old 28th August 2009, 05:56 AM

Update... for those confused on why can not see gender, age etc. mentioned in my last post... it has gone (Baidu have removed that data!!!)
I notice today that Baidu have removed the data on gender, age, industry, aducational level for a keyword.... so forget those comments in my previous post... lol (obviously others found that data to be a joke as well )

Also that the numbers have returned to top section...
Additionally that for the graph below, they still show the numbers for a time position (point in time mouse is at), with mouse over graph line (is still shown just above the graph on the right - but this is no longer in orange, it is in black text now).

Cheers all - Asiaplay
Old 28th August 2009, 07:47 AM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaplay View Post
Also that the numbers have returned to top section...
phew.

bookmarked again, thanks
Old 28th August 2009, 08:11 AM

mgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enough

Yes noticed the change back, thankfully the actual numbers are back (for now), as the numbers in the graphs don't appears to be accurate at all sometimes..

In the process of making a record of the baidu index for all my Chinese domains, for future reference, in the probably case they decide to remove it again.
Old 28th August 2009, 11:12 AM

Mgrohan,

Umm - thats interesting... so far mine seem to be roughly the same on both the graph and average figures at top
(Especially if I take into account, the graph point where I last checked them i.e. graph seems accurate enough for mine so far).

What I have noticed is they are filtering out the data for some keywords 100% (totally)
i.e. am sure the results would not be "no searches" for some of the keywords I checked today - so either some data, has not been transferred to servers during this change (deleted off) or they are filtering data on some keywords .

Thanks for comments - is nice to see others findings - cheers, Asiaplay
Old 28th August 2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Umm - thats interesting... so far mine seem to be roughly the same on both the graph and average figures at top
(Especially if I take into account, the graph point where I last checked them i.e. graph seems accurate enough for mine so far).
For a search like 苹果

http://index.baidu.com/main/word.php?word=%C6%BB%B9%FB, click to show the graph for 1 year. Data is definitely messed up on the graph.

For one month graph the data looks closer, but still pretty big differences.. e.g. as in the example above - 苹果 Not sure which one (numbers or graph numbers), if any, is more accurate.
Old 28th August 2009, 03:13 PM

Mgrohan,

Yeah I agree - once one gets to 1季度 - the average seems quite different (assuming the tick box average bar falls in correct place - seems to be different by 300 to 400 per day between graph and top figures!!!).

But nice traffic all the same for this kw (so perhaps minor in this case - as you still know has the traffic - is compariable to G volume)...

But agree, it seems some variance in how they calculate averages or something... please let me know if corrects over next couple of weeks?

As my IDNs are not at this traffic level - lol... and think perhaps is easier to see (or only possible to see) on high, high traffic IDNs

Thanks for sharing - Asiaplay
Old 14th October 2009, 12:35 AM

tonecas is an unknown quantity at this point

another change on Baidu Index?

now i get only % increase and no index value.

on the other hand, great keyword suggestions and search segmentation.

regards,
tonecas
Old 14th October 2009, 04:44 AM

Yeah... seems we are back to getting number from mouse over graph again!
I did note that, one can tick the box below the search volume graph to get an average for the period chosen... i.e. put mouse over on approx average line to get data averaged over a period of time... shows in colour above the graph to the top right (so that's useful perhaps, compared to one days search data only).

Also interesting that more than one keyword can be input per search - little like google trends in this way... so can be used to compare words.

The suggested Keywords are interesting (is based on 1st keyword in list only) - but this really is only a breakdown of the top 9 by search volume (and then top 9 by movement % - unsure period used to calculate the 2nd 9 ???), which "include" the keyword, that data is being looked at for.
i.e. does not include "related" keywords in the same useful way that google adwords does... so this data is semi useful (useful perhaps in determining using logic what % of broad matches for a keyword, are commercial keyword use, verse non-commercial).

The introduction of GEO data for China is interesting (was not in the previous test release went up)... but it seems that the mouse over map is the more accurate data (i.e. the lines by city to the right of it, perhaps are garbage data - as even if Beijing (top option) has very low searches (according to mouse over map), it shows the Beijing bar graph line to always be long).
So from basic testing, I would use the map mouse over data (and ignore the bar line graph to the right of it).

The data at the bottom on split between gender, age, occupation and eduction level of searchers still seems to be garbage data, unfortunatey!
Perhaps not surprising really, as how do they know this for each individual searcher anyway... as I am sure ID card linking based on a central database, to searches doesn't yet occur... especially a database which holds occupation and education level data... (but not even one at all I suspect).
This means that they are using at best, the nature of search to guessimate these, which makes the data near useless, I think... so perhaps take care using that data i.e. basically ignore it.

Interesting developments - wonder what they add next (or if this will come down again in the next few days, like did last time)

Cheers, Asiaplay
Old 15th October 2009, 02:04 PM

tonecas is an unknown quantity at this point

totally agree Asiaplay. Much of the data seems garbage and is not credible.

the ideas are good nonethless, besides the Baidu index thing beeing now %. i like absolute numbers

regards,
tonecas