IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Development > Search Engine Optimization : SEO

Search Engine Optimization : SEO SEO techniques & discussion for IDN Domains.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th September 2009, 10:47 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about
any IDN keyword density tools?

Anyone know of keyword density tools, software or sites, that can count words on tricky pages such as UTF-8 pages, in particular really tricky pages such as Thai UTF-8 pages where there aren't often spaces between words .....
Old 17th September 2009, 12:01 PM

mgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enough
Re: any IDN keyword density tools?

I have this one bookmarked: http://tool.chinaz.com/Tools/Density.aspx. From what i remember it works on UTF-8 pages, including Thai. Not too sure about the accuracy of results though.
Keyword goes on the left, and URL on the right.

Last edited by mgrohan; 17th September 2009 at 12:07 PM..
Old 17th September 2009, 12:36 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Many thanks, and you know, the results might even be accurate!! Certainly better than any other tool I have tried so far

Have you worked out all the lines?

页面文本总长度:9330 字符 (total words on page?)
关键字符串长度:5 字符 ???
关键字出现频率:157 次 ???
关键字符总长度:785 字符 (Occurences of keyword on page?)
密度结果计算:8.4% (% of keywords on page)

Last edited by domainguru; 17th September 2009 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: update
Old 17th September 2009, 01:22 PM

mgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
Many thanks, and you know, the results might even be accurate!! Certainly better than any other tool I have tried so far

Have you worked out all the lines?

页面文本总长度:9330 字符 (total words on page?)
关键字符串长度:5 字符 ???
关键字出现频率:157 次 ???
关键字符总长度:785 字符 (Occurences of keyword on page?)
密度结果计算:8.4% (% of keywords on page)
My Chinese is not great but from what i understand:

页面文本总长度:9330 字符 - Total characters on the page
关键字符串长度:5 字符 Number of characters in the keyword you have searched
关键字出现频率:157 次 How many times the keyword appears on the page
关键字符总长度:785 字符 Total characters of searched keyword on page (times the above 2 numbers - in this case 5x157=785)
密度结果计算:8.4% Keyword density (calculated from total characters/total characters of searched keyword on page - in this case 9330/785)
Old 18th September 2009, 11:00 AM

Asiaplay is an unknown quantity at this point

I use another UTF-8 based tool sometimes (it is not freeware, but you can take the trial version for a whirl!)... it has a cloudmap and shows some density info. and suggestions on what to do to maximise / optimise a page (so it same use that I guess you are putting density tool to use for i.e. optimising a page)
See http://www.link-assistant.com/website-auditor/

Basically it is more comparision of density (and other onpage ranking factors) among top 10 ranked sites for a keyword - rather than density data only.
I actually find it more useful than denisty data alone - as it is impossible to say what the exact best keyword density is for a given word in every industry (therefore a comparison of the top ranked sites helps shed some light on this).

It shows results for the page(s) from the top 10 ranked sites, compared to one's own page, the one you are trying to optimise (and calculates % optimised, based on averages of the top 10).

Note:
It needs to be used with logic and care, as if the top 10 sites are spammy (which sometimes they are for markets like China, especially if one uses top 10 in Baidu or Yahoo etc.), then your suggested optimisation is spammy as well.
Therefore remember that onpage, does not give ranking position by itself (e.g. backlinks are powerful), so you might need to exclude some sites from this comparison table, which you know are spammy (for how to do that see http://www.link-assistant.com/seo-ta...est-t1617.html ).

Just mentioned incase you find useful - cheers, Asiaplay
Old 18th September 2009, 07:44 PM

I downloaded this one:

See http://www.link-assistant.com/website-auditor/

and it looks quite good except for the fact it doesn't appear to be able to print Thai. it all comes out as square boxes ...... shame as the density stuff looks as though it works quite well.

Perhaps it would work automatically if I had a Thai install of windows but i don't. Oh well, I'll see if I can fix it somehow.
Old 19th September 2009, 06:52 AM

Ohh - forgot about that... sorry...

For a Windows based PC, you may need to set your language locale to an Asian one to see Thai (seems to be issue for java applications in Windows).

Go to "Start" -> "Control Panel" -> "Regional and language Options"
First make sure that you have loaded the East Asian language pack for Windows. See the 2nd tab "Languages" and make sure the box "Install files for complex scripts and left-to-right languages (including Thai)" is ticked
See if that works...

If not, you will also need to for the first "Tab" under "Regional and language Options" i.e. "Regional Options" to set your drop down locale language to be an Asian one e.g. choose something like "Chinese (Singapore)"
I use "Chinese (Singapore)" as that keeps most operating system bascially in English otherwise (but allows for all language I have tried to work properly with the software - but if you are comfortable with Thai, I am sure you could use that locale instead).

Lastly, if not done already you may need to install the input / typing systems for Thai i.e. language bar in your bottom or side bar (and add input methods), but that only effects input and not text showing correctly as I understand.

That will fix any issues you have seeing Thai, Chinese, Korean, Cyrillic etc. in java based softwares.

Cheers - Asiaplay

PS: TIP: On a Windows based PC you could use two "windows users" - if you want to keep your main "user profile" in English ONLY (so e-mail etc. doesn't change for date appearence etc.), then you could add a new windows user (and then set that new windows user to this different locale only i.e. run java based softwares from this new "User" profile instead)...
This depends how comfortable you are with having some things appear in the locale script (e.g. Java sun updates) as to whether you run this under a new user or your main or admin user account).
Old 20th September 2009, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaplay View Post
Ohh - forgot about that... sorry...

For a Windows based PC, you may need to set your language locale to an Asian one to see Thai (seems to be issue for java applications in Windows).

Go to "Start" -> "Control Panel" -> "Regional and language Options"
First make sure that you have loaded the East Asian language pack for Windows. See the 2nd tab "Languages" and make sure the box "Install files for complex scripts and left-to-right languages (including Thai)" is ticked
See if that works...

If not, you will also need to for the first "Tab" under "Regional and language Options" i.e. "Regional Options" to set your drop down locale language to be an Asian one e.g. choose something like "Chinese (Singapore)"
I use "Chinese (Singapore)" as that keeps most operating system bascially in English otherwise (but allows for all language I have tried to work properly with the software - but if you are comfortable with Thai, I am sure you could use that locale instead).

Lastly, if not done already you may need to install the input / typing systems for Thai i.e. language bar in your bottom or side bar (and add input methods), but that only effects input and not text showing correctly as I understand.

That will fix any issues you have seeing Thai, Chinese, Korean, Cyrillic etc. in java based softwares.

Cheers - Asiaplay

PS: TIP: On a Windows based PC you could use two "windows users" - if you want to keep your main "user profile" in English ONLY (so e-mail etc. doesn't change for date appearence etc.), then you could add a new windows user (and then set that new windows user to this different locale only i.e. run java based softwares from this new "User" profile instead)...
This depends how comfortable you are with having some things appear in the locale script (e.g. Java sun updates) as to whether you run this under a new user or your main or admin user account).
Thanks. but on my Windows, the options are completely different in the "Regional and Language Options", I am using Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2.

It doesn't allow me to "install additional languages" without having "Multilingual User Interface Pack (MUI)", which is not available in Home Edition.

So that could be the problem, I'm not sure. Are you really saying this is a Java App?

I have the system locale set to be Thai(Thailand), and I also have Thai language keyboard installed. In other program, I switch to Thai keyboard, and thai characters come up. In link-assistant, i switch to Thai keyboard, and I just get "squares". I am guessing this is quite an old program ........ looks quite good, just I can't seem to use it!

Last edited by domainguru; 20th September 2009 at 03:40 AM.. Reason: update
Old 20th September 2009, 05:20 AM

Umm - not used this software on Vista before (works fine on Windows XP with these settings - I just tested Thai running your domain and all Thai text showed up correctly for me).

Yes - it is a java application (program first came out a couple of years ago, but is updated regularly, last update was a couple of days ago - so shouldn't be software age problem).

One thought is maybe Java Sun installed on your PC (wondering if java was not included in the download for web-auditor i.e. JRE download version) - perhaps try to download and install Java Sun (then reinstall web-auditor software).
See http://java.com/en/download/manual.j...ava.com:80#win

See this post here - http://www.link-assistant.com/seo-ta...710.html#p4710

"Might it be that you are using the Java version not manufactured by Sun? Please remove the Java that you are using and install the one offered here:

http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp? ... ava.com:80

If you still experience that please submit a ticket over here:

www.link-assistant.com/support . That way we'll address the issues faster."

If this doesn't work and you stilll want to try the software - please contact their software support (they tend to reply quite fast).

Cheers - Asiaplay
Old 20th September 2009, 05:29 AM

I have Sun Java 6 Version 15. I use auto-update.

Oh well, thanks for all your help. I submitted a support request yesterday but not reply yet.

I'll let you know if I get it sorted out

we're within a few days of launching the new site so trying to do a bit SEO work ....

cheers,
lee

Last edited by domainguru; 20th September 2009 at 05:30 AM.. Reason: aaa