IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Parking and Affiliate Programs > IDN Domain Name Parking

IDN Domain Name Parking Forum for parking international Domain names & services.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th April 2006, 03:33 PM

g is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished road
Lowest confirmed click payment

I had a click which resulted in 0$ revenue

I emailed namedrive about it

and here is their reply

==============================
In this instance, the 0.00 PPC is actually 0.0037. Google's minimum
click price is 1 cent so in these cases naturally, after they've taken
their cut, there's not much left to share around. If you look at the
RPM
, for the 20th, it shows as $3.70 so it definitely counted the click,
it
was just that unfortunately it was only worth a fraction of a cent.

==============================

can anyone beat me to this?!

disappointing
Old 26th April 2006, 03:44 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive
Re: Lowest confirmed click payment

I'd had quite a few of those $0.00 clicks. Probably people who click on links then click away immediatly (or some similar scenario). Still a click but advertisers don't get anything out of it.

It all balances out in the end.
Old 26th April 2006, 03:52 PM

g is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished road

Actually most of my names did better with namedrive

I was just astonished of this 0$ revenue .
Old 14th August 2006, 09:13 PM

Explorer is an unknown quantity at this point

One of my domains showed RPM of US$ 0.93, which would translate into $0.00093 per click. Can anybody beat that? Or can you say "good bye ND, hello mini-sites".
Old 14th August 2006, 09:32 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

555 has disabled reputation

ND, is it not worth it to you to further develop your templates to be more then 1page and place to add content to?

(Assuming ND is seeing this?)
Old 14th August 2006, 09:36 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 261275
ND, is it not worth it to you to further develop your templates to be more then 1page and place to add content to?

(Assuming ND is seeing this?)
That's a whole different ball-game .... especially when you consider translation into 20 languages etc. The benefits of a parking company doing "content" would be minimal, since it would be content replicated amongst many sites.

If you are serious about content / development, you need to take it on yourself.
Old 14th August 2006, 09:43 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

Domainguru of course it usually is better to do your own work (i say usually as some have no idea where it starts and how it ends) but imo if they would do it its a minimum of 6-700 domains that people will leave with ND rather then moving them elsewhere due to wanting to maximize returns.

If i would have a say in ND i would at least do Japanes,Russian and Chinese ...all they have to do is a "add content" option where you can add content that matches the domain in the native language and "add page(s)" where pages are added and can just set a new title so i.e for [uniform.com]serving as the homepage it will be [uniform.com/military]

- they allready have most languages translated with the major keywords

Looks easy to me...but im not technical
Old 14th August 2006, 09:47 PM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru
That's a whole different ball-game .... especially when you consider translation into 20 languages etc. The benefits of a parking company doing "content" would be minimal, since it would be content replicated amongst many sites.

If you are serious about content / development, you need to take it on yourself.

They should allot us the option to add content ourself.
Old 14th August 2006, 09:55 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

I don't disagree with any of that. Adding content to "parked pages" and turning single pages into mini-sites are natural steps forward for the industry. But it isn't straightforward. If it was, every parking company would have done it already.
Old 15th August 2006, 03:10 AM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

From running major sites over the years I'll give a tip or two.

You can make wayyyy more by making an established site than having a parking page. You can then charge advertisers CPM, CPA or a flat rate. I have always charged a flat rate per month. If you have a large site this can translate to $XXX-$XXXX/month depending on the industry.(webmaster, entertainment etc)
Old 15th August 2006, 05:34 AM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

Then there's the problem of unique content..
How to make it so each mini site has unique content? Isnt there 'penalties' for duplicate content?
Old 15th August 2006, 05:40 AM
ком.ком コム.コム

There are penalties for duplicate content, or even if no "harsh penalties" like site being banned the site will rank poorly if it is just a copy paste of wiki content i.e

Another major idn advantage i see is since it is foreign languages so you can take an english article and have it translated to the language of the domain and in no way it is duplicate after translated.

I am not sure as to japanese and chinese but from my expirence you are looking at $3.00 or less per article translated to russian or hebrew (you can even be able to find custom written content for this amount as well)

Last edited by 555; 15th August 2006 at 05:45 AM..
Old 15th August 2006, 06:08 AM

rhys is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 261275
There are penalties for duplicate content, or even if no "harsh penalties" like site being banned the site will rank poorly if it is just a copy paste of wiki content i.e

Another major idn advantage i see is since it is foreign languages so you can take an english article and have it translated to the language of the domain and in no way it is duplicate after translated.

I am not sure as to japanese and chinese but from my expirence you are looking at $3.00 or less per article translated to russian or hebrew (you can even be able to find custom written content for this amount as well)
In Japanese you can probably get relatively unskilled cut-rate translation for between 10 cents to 5 cents a word. Better quality translation more like 15 cents to 20 cents.