IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th October 2009, 05:20 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enough
Am I missing Something?

Did ICANN deliberately program their Seoul Meeting (25th to 30th Oct) to clash with TRAFFICS New York (26th to 29th Oct)?

And if so why would they do that?
Old 19th October 2009, 06:27 PM

phio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Am I missing Something?

I'm guessing that Seoul was set up first, not sure though.
Old 19th October 2009, 08:37 PM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni

I fail to see the connection..?
Old 19th October 2009, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

TRAFFIC wouldn't even register on ICANN's radar.
Old 19th October 2009, 10:15 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert View Post
TRAFFIC wouldn't even register on ICANN's radar.
Sorry guys, I was trying to be ironic, but won't Rick notice there are quite a few regulars missing? Was this really the most astute time to be trying to be putting on the main event of the year? Or will they just not bother with all this New gTLD stuff?
Old 20th October 2009, 12:35 AM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road

Phew. I thought you were serious for a moment.

There won't be any regulars missing. Who cares about the new gTLDs anyways?
Rick's a salesman. He sells real stuff. The only real stuff on his radar atm is, ascii com
He doesn't deal with hypothetical stuff [unless he happens to make the hypothesis].

I thought you've been following his blog? ;P
Old 20th October 2009, 01:20 AM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanni View Post
He sells real stuff.
Over and over again, apparently!
Old 20th October 2009, 09:03 AM
Veteran

Quote:

Rick's a salesman. He sells real stuff. The only real stuff on his radar atm is, ascii com
He doesn't deal with hypothetical stuff [unless he happens to make the hypothesis].

Somehow I doubt that. The ICA will be in Seoul as will as will all the Registries, just about all the mains Registrars. Even the likes of Ham and Schilling must be at least toying with the idea of the own registries even if they are only dot com typos. No doubt he can still count on the blinkered hardcore of ASCII.comers and a bucketful of naive newbies, but was it really wise?
Old 27th October 2009, 12:51 PM
Veteran

Quote:

The T.R.A.F.F.I.C. New York conference got underway last night with a welcoming cocktail party at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott. A good crowd was on hand (show organizers said approximately 270 people has registered) despite conflicting dates with the ICANN meeting currently underway in Seoul, Korea that siphoned away a considerable number of people who would have been at T.R.A.F.F.I.C. otherwise.

http://dnjournal.com/lowdown.htm
Old 27th October 2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
The T.R.A.F.F.I.C. New York conference got underway last night with a welcoming cocktail party at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott. A good crowd was on hand (show organizers said approximately 270 people has registered) despite conflicting dates with the ICANN meeting currently underway in Seoul, Korea that siphoned away a considerable number of people who would have been at T.R.A.F.F.I.C. otherwise.

http://dnjournal.com/lowdown.htm

Hmm, the same source reports about the previous T.R.A.F.F.I.C. event [silicone valley]
Quote:
Though the crowd is lighter than usual for a T.R.A.F.F.I.C. event...
-unfortunately I didn't see any registered numbers.

Again, for the show before that [Amsterdam] the registered attendees were 200

So, it seems to me that the New York event [270 peoples regged] is doing as well, or better compared to the last two events, in terms of attendance...

Undoubtedly, the ICAN't Seoul meeting siphoned some people away, but hardly a noticeable effect on the traffic event and no reason for the show producers to consider altering their show's dates.

Last edited by yanni; 27th October 2009 at 02:03 PM.. Reason: added info
Old 27th October 2009, 10:07 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
Did ICANN deliberately program their Seoul Meeting (25th to 30th Oct) to clash with TRAFFICS New York (26th to 29th Oct)?

And if so why would they do that?
Yeah, I finally decided to sell some Ascii at the auction and got them approved. Hopefully I they sell with both meetings going on at once and all... fingers crossed.