IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st November 2009, 02:26 PM

andre is an unknown quantity at this pointandre is an unknown quantity at this pointandre is an unknown quantity at this pointandre is an unknown quantity at this point
ICANN - IDNs

To my knowledge, ICANN do not have their own IDNs for icann.org which is a little ironic considering that they are promoting IDNs. Or maybe they do have a set of IDNs which they will make known at some opportune time ??

Here is a suggestion for a Japanese ICANN IDN: アイカン.net

アイカン is fairly close to the pronunciation of ICANN. Well it is the way I pronounce it :-)

André 小山 Schappo
http://yep.it/idns
Old 1st November 2009, 02:43 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enough
Re: ICANN - IDNs

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre View Post
To my knowledge, ICANN do not have their own IDNs for icann.org which is a little ironic considering that they are promoting IDNs. Or maybe they do have a set of IDNs which they will make known at some opportune time ??

Here is a suggestion for a Japanese ICANN IDN: アイカン.net

アイカン is fairly close to the pronunciation of ICANN. Well it is the way I pronounce it :-)

André 小山 Schappo
Why would they want a dot net when they have already branded on Dot Org.

I am fairly certain this is not widely recognised as ICANN in Japan, but in the event they felt they were being infringed, do you really think they would have a problem claiming the name?
Old 1st November 2009, 03:00 PM

andre is an unknown quantity at this pointandre is an unknown quantity at this pointandre is an unknown quantity at this pointandre is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
Why would they want a dot net when they have already branded on Dot Org.

I am fairly certain this is not widely recognised as ICANN in Japan, but in the event they felt they were being infringed, do you really think they would have a problem claiming the name?
ICANN have icann.com and icann.net as well as icann.org

I used アイカン.net as an example because .org does not yet support Japanese.

My suggestion is because if ICANN had their own IDNs it would demonstrate their commitment to IDNs, their belief in IDNs and would serve as an example to the rest of the world.

André 小山 Schappo
Old 1st November 2009, 03:05 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre View Post
ICANN have icann.com and icann.net as well as icann.org

I used アイカン.net as an example because .org does not yet support Japanese.

My suggestion is because if ICANN had their own IDNs it would demonstrate their commitment to IDNs, their belief in IDNs and would serve as an example to the rest of the world.

André 小山 Schappo
I can think of more useful ways of showing some commitment.

Personally, I have had a gut full of their window dressing, and revision of history, where they have covered up doing bugger all for years on end. Commitment would be about delegating TLDs into the Root. Everything else is just so much hog-wash.