IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Talk > Idners Clubhouse

Idners Clubhouse Idners Clubhouse is the place to hang out & chill when you just feel you've searched for IDN Domains a tad too much. General offtopic conversation. Please don't post SPAM here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th November 2009, 04:34 AM

sunsei21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sunsei21 Send a message via Skype™ to sunsei21
when IDNs work everyone go grab some...

http://actionableinsights.covario.co...-1/#comment-74

he has the right idea i guess . its late so maybe i misread but yea feel free to help this guy out
Old 5th November 2009, 05:38 AM

Asiaplay is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: when IDNs work everyone go grab some...

@sunsei21
Yes, like many of the news posts, he hasn't realised that these domains (IDNs) can already be registered (and that most are probably gone already).

This aside, it seems one of the few sensible posts on IDNs I have seen - he is suggesting that people don't sit around, but get the IDNs as soon as they become available.
As you say, he does fail to mention clearly that IDNs are already available (and that means NOW) and that taking an offensive position, will actually for many mean buying in the aftermarket (or in some cases, just being too late already to secure any good keyword IDNs).
However, being fair to him, this really has also failed to be mentioned clearly, in a lot of the news broadcasts and is a general misunderstanding out there for the English speaking populous.

But this aside, it is a positive post and the guy understands the logic and how many brands need to react now and not wait, wait, wait until later - also the implications for those brands of sitting back and doing nothing.

As I mentioned years ago, the people who need to become involved for IDNs to really take off are the product & service "marketers" (and "SEOs" who advice those marketers) - the end users... not just domainers - so really this is the first positive step in waking up the end users, who are the ones who drive an after market, as I see it.
With any luck some more SEOs and marketers will turn up here soon - as it has been way too long that I am one of the few here who is from a marketing background focus here (verse only domaining focused)!

Lastly, as a balancing comment, we have to know that half the reason he posted an article was for a back link and building his own company's SEO - but as more SEOs wake up, so will the marketers as well...
(i.e. those who control the large marketing budgets, for the big corporates with $).

Cheers - Asiaplay

PS: it is interesting to see that recently local marketers, are starting to wake up – as it is getting much harder to register drops (and looking at who gets them often, it is end users more and more these days!).
It will also be a big challenge for English based SEOs to advice on keyword selection and content in languages they just don't understand though - I am waiting to see some IDN sales later for incorrectly advised keywords and some very poorly executed SEO moves, as the English SEO's and marketers, try to turn themselves into multilingual, international SEOs (we are already seeing the opposite - language savvy locals messing up SEO, as they struggle to learn that)
Old 5th November 2009, 06:13 AM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Unsolicited contact is starting to roll in from the natives in the past week, especially from the Arabic side.
Old 5th November 2009, 11:46 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

I posted up a response to his blog (awaiting moderation), or if he will choose to ammend his article instead.
Old 5th November 2009, 12:16 PM

sunsei21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sunsei21 Send a message via Skype™ to sunsei21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post
Unsolicited contact is starting to roll in from the natives in the past week, especially from the Arabic side.
good stuff man one language i didnt get into

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc View Post
I posted up a response to his blog (awaiting moderation), or if he will choose to ammend his article instead.
yea my post is awaiting moderation too i should have just let it be and let him wait until idns are available lol
Old 5th November 2009, 12:24 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsei21 View Post
good stuff man one language i didnt get into

it's still not too late if you got some spare cash laying around just shoot me a pm i'll show you some black gold if you know what i mean peace man