IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain Appraisals

IDN Domain Appraisals Appraisals by other members on International domain names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th April 2006, 12:32 PM

arisgr is an unknown quantity at this point
premium idn or not???

hello, this is my first day to idnforums and this is my first thread.i'd like if u have time to verify these idn domains i own and if u like, give me an opinion about
value...i am a newbie in idn and i always confused with translations...

simpified chinese

name/my translation/google.com results

新闻工作者.com /Journalist /91,300,000
领域.net/domain/111,000,000
页.net/page/1,280,000,000
具体.com/concrete/130,000,000
娱乐游戏.com/arcade game/93,600,000

japanese

ストック.com/stock/7,910,000
シンボル.com/symbol/7,630,000
メッセンジャー.net/messenger/12,500,000
スバル.com/subaru/6,070,000
アーケード.com/arcade/ 3,670,000

thank u in advance
Old 28th April 2006, 02:10 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: premium idn or not???

Hi Welcome,

The first thing you need to understand is that Google Scores are properly done between quotation marks. That gives the number of instances that the phrase appears at typed

Some corrected scores are:

新闻工作者.com /Journalist /506,000
领域.net/domain/56,900,000
页.net/page/508,000,000
具体.com/concrete/68,300,000
娱乐游戏.com/arcade game/2,450,000

These should also be done in the local version of Google so you can see how many Adwords they attract. None of the above are giving a significant number so it is reasonable to assume that they are not hot commercial terms. They wll eventually be valuable but you could probably do better.

HIgh Google scores are a useful indicator but not a very good determinant of value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arisgr
hello, this is my first day to idnforums and this is my first thread.i'd like if u have time to verify these idn domains i own and if u like, give me an opinion about
value...i am a newbie in idn and i always confused with translations...

simpified chinese

name/my translation/google.com results

领域.net/domain/111,000,000
页.net/page/1,280,000,000
具体.com/concrete/130,000,000
娱乐游戏.com/arcade game/93,600,000

japanese

ストック.com/stock/7,910,000
スバル.com/subaru/6,070,000

thank u in advance
Old 28th April 2006, 02:20 PM

thank u RD for your time...i was the one talking u yesterday in dnf as (jimpapa)

and u introduced this site to me...i find it really cool site and i really appreciate

your help...

thanks
Old 28th April 2006, 02:24 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
thank u RD for your time...i was the one talking u yesterday in dnf as (jimpapa)

and u introduced this site to me...i find it really cool site and i really appreciate

your help...

thanks
Hi, nice to meet up again.

Hope you have a good experience here and learn enough to make some serious money. The opportunities are still there but as we say in Latin, "Tempus Fugit". That's Time Flies in English.
Old 28th April 2006, 02:48 PM

idnceo is an unknown quantity at this point

Im sorry but your japanese domains arent the next big thing, keep searching. But can i ask you a favor? it is not good calling your domains premium, first it is hard to believe someone finds a premium .com japanese domain at this stage, so thats one; and second if it is hard for guys with really have premium domains to call them like that if the term is so much wasted. I guess they will have to call them super top premium domains?

anyway good luck! but at least on your japanese ones u didnt hit any jackpot in my opinion, others might disagree and tell you otherwise. Anyway it is appraisals area, so i said mine.
Old 28th April 2006, 02:57 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnceo
Im sorry but your japanese domains arent the next big thing, keep searching. But can i ask you a favor? it is not good calling your domains premium, first it is hard to believe someone finds a premium .com japanese domain at this stage, so thats one; and second if it is hard for guys with really have premium domains to call them like that if the term is so much wasted. I guess they will have to call them super top premium domains?

anyway good luck! but at least on your japanese ones u didnt hit any jackpot in my opinion, others might disagree and tell you otherwise. Anyway it is appraisals area, so i said mine.
No, they are not jackpots, but I think they will turn out to be very good investments of the $8 registration fee. If they are renewed for about 3 -4 years, some will probably be worth low $x,xxx and at worst $xxx. You wouldn't get that in a building society. Having said that some of my investments have matured in that kind of range in 4-6 weeks, and I wouldn't always use the term Premium there either.
Old 28th April 2006, 03:02 PM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point

In my opinion, you are doing not bad. Not bad at all for a new IDNer, at least you got 2 Chinese domain I think could get you $3k each in about 3 years.

娱乐游戏.com/arcade game/93,600,000 (should be "Entertainment games" instead)

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@

Last edited by Giant; 28th April 2006 at 03:07 PM..
Old 28th April 2006, 03:12 PM

idnceo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
No, they are not jackpots, but I think they will turn out to be very good investments of the $8 registration fee. If they are renewed for about 3 -4 years, some will probably be worth low $x,xxx and at worst $xxx. You wouldn't get that in a building society. Having said that some of my investments have matured in that kind of range in 4-6 weeks, and I wouldn't always use the term Premium there either.
Duck, obviously im not saying this guy stop registering because u didnt hit the jackpot but im just saying you didnt find anything premium, keep searching.

Anyway as i said on another thread, it is not to worry, domains registered today will look like gold for the people who will learn about IDNs with IE'7 or Vista. Those guys registering for the first time on 2007 or later will envy any domain we call bad today.

The same the domains on sale now that nobody takes even for $60 will increase its value XX times or more as years pass by. Anyway some people dont like to wait for its domains to increase value but to sell right away, for them i said not to register idns in .com / .net in japanese or chinese as the picking are getting very bad. Go for hindi or arab for a good or at least better .com registration.
Old 28th April 2006, 03:25 PM
Veteran

I think we are in basic agreement, but I was concerned that the thread starter might have interpreted your remarks in a negative way, when what he has achieve to date is in fact quite respectable.
Old 28th April 2006, 03:30 PM

thank u all for your good words

i am just using the word "premium"because i think words like cn( 页.net page,

领域.net domain) and jp(ストック.com stock , アーケード.com arcade) are very good keyword domains,all as far in my translation which i don't know for sure it is correct because i don't even understand these languages(just using translators in the net).I am from greece and i can confirm greek idn if u are interested...
Old 28th April 2006, 03:36 PM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I am from greece and i can confirm greek idn if u are interested...
How many can you confirm? They are all Greek to me!

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy!

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@
Old 28th April 2006, 03:41 PM

sakillll is an unknown quantity at this point

领域.net = domain,translate is correct
but not http://domain
less value
Old 28th April 2006, 03:43 PM

try asking anything about this country by sending me a pm..

i may can help you...
Old 28th April 2006, 04:28 PM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
japanese

ストック.com/stock/7,910,000
スバル.com/subaru/6,070,000

thank u in advance

スバル.com/subaru/6,070,000 -- not sure if you want this one. It's an obvious TM. Katakana is used for words borrowed from other languages and made-up words, so there is no alternative meaning.

ストック.com
アーケード.com
メッセンジャー.net

These three are pretty nice. Sit on them for a while.