IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > 域名

域名 Discussion for Chinese IDN domain names. Chinese domains include .cn, .com, & .net.
This section is for discussion only Please do NOT post Chinese domains for sale here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd November 2009, 01:21 PM

Doudou75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question

Are these domains worth anything?

环球定位系统.公司, 环球定位系统.网络, 简讯.公司, 简 讯.网络 and 全球定位系统.公司
Old 23rd November 2009, 06:07 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
Re: Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doudou75 View Post

I'm going to go ahead and say no.

Neither Icann nor Verisign have approved gTLD in IDN as of yet. These domains won't be worth squat once they do; and they will.

You've been swindled.

BTW where where these registered?
Old 23rd November 2009, 08:12 PM

sbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enough

All of those names will move to third level domains.

upon dot zhong guo/ dot 中国 delegation to the global root zone...
It becomes the top level above gongsi

环球定位系统.公司, 环球定位系统.网络, 简讯.公司,

简 讯.网络 and 全球定位系统.公司

will become

环球定位系统.公司.中国,
环球定位系统.网络.中国
简讯.公司.中国

简 讯.网络.中国
and 全球定位系统.公司.中国

Are they worthless ? I don't know...they need to be re-branded with the full 3 levels to succeed. Some may.

Are they global IDN.IDN dot com's/net's........NO, absolutely NOT.
They are CNNIC names, and not GTLD's in any shape/form/status.
They were never going to be Verisign administered...

so many buyers were deceived to think they were 'true dot com's' ....
that was never, and will never be the case.....

so 300,000 owners ...

I believe that 90% + have been deceived or directly lied to.
the cnnic/ isp hack was never ever described to them, nor the effects when the idn cctld goes into effect.

Steve
Old 23rd November 2009, 09:35 PM

Doudou75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the answers. Sarcle, I got them at http://universal-names.com/.
Old 23rd November 2009, 09:49 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Thanks for the answers. Sarcle, I got them at http://universal-names.com/.
Just as I thought they are using i-dns.net which requires a plug-in and they are not sanctioned by Icann.

You can even buy russian .kom .het and .opr. DON'T These won't be worth anything.
Old 24th November 2009, 02:41 AM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

I think you've been screwed.

Sorry.
Old 7th December 2009, 02:11 AM

sakillll is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Fake names
Old 7th December 2009, 04:02 AM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Wow, this needs to be publicized. I didn't even know that such domains could be regged.
Old 7th December 2009, 10:13 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
Wow, this needs to be publicized. I didn't even know that such domains could be regged.
There's nothing illegal about it. Anyone can make their own 'alternate' dns and run it, and you can change your nameservers or run some plugin to enable it. That doesn't mean the rest of the world can use them. But you can. And you can also pay for them.

You also see this with alternate 'start registries' where people let you 'name a star' in the sky. The problem is that the scientific community has their own system of naming stars, and it doesn't recognize any 'star registries'. Of course, here the issue is purely sentimental, as we don't have people traveling or sending mail to any stars, yet.
Old 7th December 2009, 10:14 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
There's nothing illegal about it. Anyone can make their own 'alternate' dns and run it, and you can change your nameservers or run some plugin to enable it. That doesn't mean the rest of the world can use them. But you can. And you can also pay for them.

You also see this with alternate 'start registries' where people let you 'name a star' in the sky. The problem is that the scientific community has their own system of naming stars, and it doesn't recognize any 'star registries'. Of course, here the issue is purely sentimental, as we don't have people traveling or sending mail to any stars, just yet.