IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain For Sale

IDN Domain For Sale Want to sell your international domain names? Post them here. Please proceed with caution on all sales, do your own translation, & use an escrow service. IDN Forums does not check the validity of any sales posted by users. Please only post Domains with at least minimum prices for offers in this Forum. If you don't know how much you want do an appraisal first. Domains without min price will be placed in dumpster thread. Users may also buy a sticky for their topic at $10 per day for up to 7 days.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th November 2009, 12:32 PM

abe is on a distinguished roadabe is on a distinguished roadabe is on a distinguished roadabe is on a distinguished roadabe is on a distinguished roadabe is on a distinguished road
מדוע.com -buy generic why.com in hebrew!

Auction Terms
Start: $60
Increments: $10
BIN: $360
Auction ends 48 hours after last bid.

Why not buy :"why?"
Generic word in hebrew. Can be a great site.
Old 29th November 2009, 12:55 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

555 has disabled reputation
Re: מדוע.com -buy generic why.com in hebrew!

מדוע is why in Hebrew, buy buyers need to know that it is not the most common term. למה is the most common way to say why in Hebrew.
Old 29th November 2009, 01:54 PM

abe is on a distinguished roadabe is on a distinguished roadabe is on a distinguished roadabe is on a distinguished roadabe is on a distinguished roadabe is on a distinguished road

I disagree. It stands on its own and is just as prime as "למה" if not better!
Checkout this link.
http://milon.walla.co.il/ts.cgi?tssc...m=%EE%E3%E5%F2

put in "למה" and then put in "מדוע".

Each stands on its own. Actually "למה" is more low class ,slang. "מדוע" is the more standard word. If I'm not mistaken on most exam papers in Israel, it says "מדוע" and not "למה ". "למה" is just low class though its definitely also used. Yes it has more written but if I were to have a site then "מדוע" in my opinion is better. Speak to Avshalom Kor.

I definitely didn't go for you insinuating that I mislead people or should have mentioned this word. I am honest and always have been. Feel free to take your comment back. There are words like garbage and trash jerk and assw** that are just as similar.
Old 29th November 2009, 02:01 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

Quote:
Originally Posted by abe View Post
I disagree. It stands on its own and is just as prime as "למה" if not better!
Checkout this link.
http://milon.walla.co.il/ts.cgi?tssc...m=%EE%E3%E5%F2

put in "למה" and then put in "מדוע".

Each stands on its own. Actually "למה" is more low class ,slang. "מדוע" is the more standard word. If I'm not mistaken on most exam papers in Israel, it says "מדוע" and not "למה ". "למה" is just low class though its definitely also used. Yes it has more written but if I were to have a site then "מדוע" in my opinion is better. Speak to Avshalom Kor.

I definitely didn't go for you insinuating that I mislead people or should have mentioned this word. I am honest and always have been. Feel free to take your comment back. There are words like garbage and trash jerk and assw** that are just as similar.
Are you an Israeli which was born and raised in Israel?
IF you are then what you are doing is bullshit and you know it. If you are not it's ok, everyone makes mistakes and don't take it personal, that's how things are here, members need to know what they are bidding for.
The word you are selling stand alone, and is correct, i never suggested otherwise but again, it is not the most used word for why in Israel.

http://www.google.com/trends?q=%D7%9...ate=all&sort=0
Old 29th November 2009, 02:07 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

http://www.google.com/trends?q=%D7%9...93%D7%95%D7%A2
Old 29th November 2009, 02:11 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

http://screencast.com/t/NTk5MWU5M
Results 1 - 10 of about 713,000 for מדוע
Results 1 - 10 of about 2,070,000 for למה.‎
“למה” results 1 - 20 of about 2,150
“מדוע” results 1 - 20 of about 682
Old 29th November 2009, 02:12 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 555 View Post
Are you an Israeli which was born and raised in Israel?
IF you are then what you are doing is bullshit and you know it. If you are not it's ok, everyone makes mistakes and don't take it personal, that's how things are here, members need to know what they are bidding for.
The word you are selling stand alone, and is correct, i never suggested otherwise but again, it is not the most used word for why in Israel.

http://www.google.com/trends?q=%D7%9...ate=all&sort=0
Yes hopefully this won't happen again... Who would buy "Why" anyway when there are much better free .com's available in multiple langages....
Old 29th November 2009, 02:37 PM

I am a native Israeli who got on his bagrut (high school exams) where one learns Hebrew a 10 average. So I think I know my Hebrew.
I am not BS-ing anyone. Its irrelevant what google trend shows b/c in Hebrew “למה “ is also a mammal and therefore it will show higher. In addition it is more low class hebrew wise and therefore it will show higher. מדוע is more classy whether you like it or not. I didn’t even think of the word "למה" . There was no intention to mislead and I don’t think I had to think of mentioning that word. This goes back to what RD said that in different languages you will get different opinions. I still stand my ground. Again think garbage and trash and think synonym. If you start nit picking you will find that many names here have the same meaning etc.
Old 29th November 2009, 03:09 PM

dave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished road

I agree with 555 "למה" is better term.
Old 29th November 2009, 03:34 PM

זבל,אשפה פסולת
garbage in different terms - please feel free to take them if they are available.

בתחום המיליות יש הרבה פעמים כפילויות: מילים נרדפות המשמשות זו לצד זו, לפעמים באותה הוראה ממש ולפעמים בהוראות קרובות מאוד. תראה למשל כמה מילות קישור לסיבה יש בעברית של היום: בגלל, בשל, מחמת, מפאת, מ-, בעטיו של, בגין, כי, מפני, (מ)כיוון, היות ש-, הואיל ו-, מאחר ש- ויש עוד.
Again, quite a few Israelis will make that mistake (and most dont do well on Hebrew exams). If you wanted to stick out and think PR and think Marketing then מדוע is more memorable, more brandable but that is a mater of opinion.
Also, If you look on google and put in the words you will see that in מדוע google suggests sentences or questions that are all related to biblical questions while למה leads also to questions like why is this bi**…
Basically, the more correct way is מדוע , but were not here to learn Hebrew and as RD says WTF.

BTW - in a name like חזיה and חזייה .com which I own and are for sale (bra/brassiere) I mentioned that they are both prime terms and specified the difference. You can check that out. So I think that proves that when there is a difference that is significant or that needs to be stated – I do state it. If you don’t believe me please feel free to check חזיה or חזייה.
Old 29th November 2009, 06:58 PM

dave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished road

אני מבין, אבל כשאני מדבר עם מישהו אני משתמש במילה "למה" כאשר אני כותב מכתב רשמי או מנסה לדבר עברית "יותר יפה" אשתמש במדוע.

נכון מילה נירדפת, אבל לדעתי היא יותר בשימוש.

דרך אגב גם לי יש בגרות... מדוע היא מילה די טובה. אולי לאתר שאלות ותשובות.