IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > Русские Доменные Имена

Русские Доменные Имена Discussion on native Russian IDN domain names

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st December 2009, 10:09 AM

CapeBrenton is an unknown quantity at this point
купить versus куплю

These both autotranslate to "buy".
Per Yandex wordstat, when coupled with a relevant keyword, they generally trend about the same.

Can anyone help me understand the difference between купить and куплю and particularly, when it's most appropriate to use what?

For example, if I wanted to register BuyCars.com, would that be Купитьавтомобиль.com or куплюавтомобиль.com (the latter being available and I don't care if someone registers it... Just wondering what is the proper translation for "buy")
Old 1st December 2009, 03:11 PM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni
Re: купить versus куплю

I'm not a native but from my understanding the first one is the one you're looking for in regards to buy cars. The second term is something you'll encounter a lot in ads posted by people who are in the market to buy cars. Sort of [I am] buying a car. Hence the reason the term is open.

On another note, I would use авто when dealing with cars. It's shorter and I believe more popular in internet speak.

Again, I do not speak Russian, so all the above could be wrong ;/
Old 1st December 2009, 05:07 PM

RussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished road

"купить" means "to buy"

"куплю" translates as "(I) will buy"

I'm not sure which one is more often used when coupled with other words in searches - but both variations are correct in your example:

Куплю Автомобиль - (I) will buy a car

and

Купить Автомобиль - to buy a car
Old 1st December 2009, 09:58 PM

Ahh, wonderful. Thank you very much Yanni and RussianDomainer!

So, I would assume that if I wanted to purchase a domain that is intended to be used as an ecommerce sales platform, купить[keyword] is the correct keyword rather than Куплю[keyword]?

If so, this is the direction I'll take. Also, are there any better suggestions as far as words to use to accomplish the Russian equalivalent of "Buy Cars" or "Buy Guitars" , etc?

Thanks again~!
Old 1st December 2009, 10:07 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Of course, better is just "cars" or "guitars".

Or furs.com - меха.com ;-)

BTW, I think that Купитьавтомобиль.com is one of my drops from last year. I vaguely remember having something like that before I dropped most russian stuff.
Old 1st December 2009, 10:21 PM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post

Not necessarily.

A visitor coming to 'buy cars' is on a mission.

Someone going to 'cars' could be looking for pictures, specs, general info, and of course, women

The first guy is closer to a sale.

Less traffic but more potent.
Old 1st December 2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post

BTW, I think that Купитьавтомобиль.com is one of my drops from last year. I vaguely remember having something like that before I dropped most russian stuff.
I definitely believe in the power of one-word generics, however, as a domainer who belongs to the "20th Century Club" (people who registered names prior to 2000), I've witnessed the namespace evolution of the ascii field but more importantly, recall the different notions and ideas that domainers had at varying points along the way.

In 1998, if it wasn't a category killing one-word generic, it was considered to be "garbage". People like Frank Schilling recognized the massive power and value inherent to viable keyword combination's that represented real world search terms. As best I can tell, IDN.com is today about where ascii.com was in 1999 or 2000- both in 'domainer mentality' and namespace availability. The opportunity to get авто.com in Russian is long gone today, just as it was long gone for autos.com in 1999, however, fantastic keyword combos are still sitting out there. I reason that hand-reg'd keyword combos are the best IDN opportunity available to me, today, from a capital efficiency standpoint.

I've capped my IDN portfolio to 50 names, seeing as I'm willing to hold them all for 10 years plus*, even absent earnings along the way. This means I'm being fairly deliberate in my buys/reg's and looking for some awfully good names :D

* barring some sort of shift in technology or user relevance that renders them obsolete
Old 1st December 2009, 11:02 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

555 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeBrenton View Post
авто.com in Russian
What would a top tier name like this go for 2yrs ago? today? in 3yrs? To be continued...
Old 1st December 2009, 11:22 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Nice to know the interest in combos has come up.
Old 1st December 2009, 11:32 PM

phio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeBrenton View Post
As best I can tell, IDN.com is today about where ascii.com was in 1999 or 2000- both in 'domainer mentality' and namespace availability.
interesting comparison, I wonder how fast the next 'billion' users will take to get online? I'm guessing about 2 years. I wonder how many languages the movie '2012' has been translated into. I heard it's in China already...http://cnreviews.com/life/dining-sho..._20091118.html