IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > Русские Доменные Имена

Русские Доменные Имена Discussion on native Russian IDN domain names

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th December 2009, 07:24 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm
Re: Thoughts on Рейкбэк

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeBrenton View Post
It seems the superior term is рейкбек (Yandex 1798 ), which is already registered.
I own Рейкбэк (Yandex 261).

As with all transliterations, there will be different ways to spell the same word. None of them are really wrong because none of them are even in the dictionary. In the end, it just comes down to natural preference for a particular spelling. Both of the bolded characters above make more or less the same phonetic sound, only slight differences. The upper case on the beginning of the second word makes no difference.
Old 14th December 2009, 07:37 PM

Avtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura about
Re: Thoughts on Рейкбэк

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeBrenton View Post
It seems the superior term is рейкбек (Yandex 1798 ), which is already registered (recently too. June of this year).
I own Рейкбэк (Yandex 261).
Mine has more content results on G (57K - 41K), but gimme the search volume
I'm not a native speaker, but I can read some Russian, so I went looking for analogs. I came up with "hatchback", which is transliterated into Russian in all sorts of ways, including: хетчбек, хэтчбэк, хетчбэк.

The winner, according to both Russian Wikipedia and AVTOVAZ (makers of the Lada Samara hatchback) is: хетчбэк. (Google Keywords suggests, though, that хетчбек is the most searched-for term).

Thanks for the interesting introduction to the world of online poker.

Avtal