IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Parking and Affiliate Programs > IDN Domain Name Parking

IDN Domain Name Parking Forum for parking international Domain names & services.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th December 2009, 11:52 AM

dave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished road
Google AdSense for domains VS Namedrive

Hello,

Anyone here is using Google AdSense for domains?

I’m considering moving my domains from namedrive.

Thanks!
Old 14th December 2009, 12:19 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation
Re: Google AdSense for domains VS Namedrive

yes. but as an average don't expect to see much difference in revenue.
Old 14th December 2009, 10:10 PM

dave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished road

Thanks alpha!
Old 15th December 2009, 04:21 AM

Clotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enough

I have some domains with Google and they seem to get much more traffic than ones of equivalent quality at Namedrive. Unfortunately the Google landing pages are poor so they don't convert as well. In the end it probably results in similar revenue.

At the moment I am very angry with Namedrive. Lately my results have been looking more and more like they are being manipulated. Add to this the loss of historic information and the fact that geographic data for views and clicks seems to only go back a few months with any accuracy.

I feel that they are taking advantage. Therefore I will be moving my parking to Google in the new year.
Old 15th December 2009, 07:01 AM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clotho View Post
At the moment I am very angry with Namedrive. Lately my results have been looking more and more like they are being manipulated. Add to this the loss of historic information and the fact that geographic data for views and clicks seems to only go back a few months with any accuracy.

Yeah, same here. I wonder if Ed is still there, or has he left?
Old 15th December 2009, 12:13 PM

Steve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enough

Already moved mine out of there.

I'm redirecting most to specific language websites, but have a few of my better names at Adsense, where they do reasonably well.

I would say, average names do only slightly better there.

Adjusting the colours, on Adsense make the pages more palatable.
Old 15th December 2009, 08:40 PM

Since the majority of my portfolio is in Hebrew, I assume that Google might have a larger base of advertisers; therefore more ads will be shown.
Old 15th December 2009, 08:50 PM

basel will become famous soon enoughbasel will become famous soon enoughbasel will become famous soon enoughbasel will become famous soon enoughbasel will become famous soon enoughbasel will become famous soon enoughbasel will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to basel

namedrive was good alittle for me but last two month i move to sedo and im very disappointed from sedo parking revenue .
too much views good clicks very bad revenue
new year i will move to google adsense
Old 15th December 2009, 08:53 PM

tee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_5 View Post
Since the majority of my portfolio is in Hebrew, I assume that Google might have a larger base of advertisers; therefore more ads will be shown.
Doesn't namedrive use google feeds? I assumed they all got their feeds from Google,Yahoo, MSN/Bing/ others?

It would be an interesting study to see how G parking compared to ND & Sedo for individual languages.
Old 14th January 2010, 02:53 PM

aboalham is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Google AdSense for domains VS Namedrive

Google AdSense for domains well in follow-up site traffic and increase the number of visitors, I prefer the Amazon API It brings new visitors to the site
Old 19th March 2010, 05:51 PM

diez is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe if we use google adsense for domains, we shall rank higher on the search engine due to the 'google' influence..lol
Old 20th March 2010, 04:38 AM

Ryu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by diez View Post
I believe if we use google adsense for domains, we shall rank higher on the search engine due to the 'google' influence..lol
on the contrary, due to the google magic, your sites will disappear all together from google serp.

for me, the great advantage of google adsense for domains is that you can get rid of unrelated ads you don't want show up in the parking pages. this is especially important for high-traffic low-ppc terms because you get full of junk ads on those pages.