IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain For Sale

IDN Domain For Sale Want to sell your international domain names? Post them here. Please proceed with caution on all sales, do your own translation, & use an escrow service. IDN Forums does not check the validity of any sales posted by users. Please only post Domains with at least minimum prices for offers in this Forum. If you don't know how much you want do an appraisal first. Domains without min price will be placed in dumpster thread. Users may also buy a sticky for their topic at $10 per day for up to 7 days.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th April 2006, 09:08 AM

testabc is an unknown quantity at this point
Traditional Chinese For sale 耶誕節 耶誕

This sales is for 48 hours only. Please post SOLD to claim. Thanks.

耶誕.com (Christmas.com/圣诞.com)
xn--ey0a95s.com
Google 5,130,000项符合耶誕的查询结果
$500

耶誕.net (Christmas.net/圣诞.net)
xn--ey0a95s.com
Google 5,130,000项符合耶誕的查询结果
$300

耶誕節.net (Christmas.net/圣诞节.net)
xn--r0z74gu1k.net
Google 420,000项符合耶誕節的查询结果
$500

Free Push
dnseeker@gmail.com

Though it's now early to talk about Christmas, when IE7 comes this fall, imagine how many people may access it in 25th, Dec.

dnseeker@gmail.com is the whois mail of these 3 domains.
Your Interest or comment is always welcomed!

Last edited by testabc; 29th April 2006 at 09:48 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 29th April 2006, 02:15 PM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Traditional Chinese For sale 耶誕節 耶誕

This name is considered an insult to Christianity. Since it's in Traditional form and was invented recently and is only used by a portion of the people in Taiwan, this name should not be exported beyond Taiwan's border.

China and the world's Chinese have used 圣诞节 for Christmas for centuries, and it's the only legitimate name for Christmas.

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@

Last edited by Giant; 29th April 2006 at 02:28 PM..
Old 29th April 2006, 02:33 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant
This name is considered an insult to Christianity. Since it's in Traditional form and was invented recently and is only used by a portion of the people in Taiwan, this name should not be exported beyond Taiwan's border.

China and the world's Chinese have used 圣诞节 for Christmas for centuries, and it's the only legitimate name for Christmas.
Giant, that may be, but insulting names have value too.
Old 29th April 2006, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast
Giant, that may be, but insulting names have value too.
Value is only to a few individuals, but insult is to the whole world, Christians and non-Christians.

@
Old 29th April 2006, 03:47 PM
Administrator

bramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bramiozo Send a message via Skype™ to bramiozo

Maybe you can call your government's ministry of truth...

Where there is much dislike there is much popularity...

Last edited by bramiozo; 29th April 2006 at 03:49 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 29th April 2006, 03:57 PM

Re: 耶誕節 耶誕

Giant and blastfromthepast, thanks a lot for your care for the names, anyway.
I myself have no intention to affend the God , and all the Christians and non-Christians world wide.
Giant you're senior while I'm junior both in the forum and in the domain field.
Thank for your sharing your own opinions with us. If anything recalls unhappiness, thank you for telling me.
I heard the word personally from Doctor 余世维, a famous Taiwan master in Management field.
I'm shocked after I saw Giant's reply. So I searched the web by google and yahoo carefully again.
While there are many normal links leading the names to Christmas, there are few showing any clues of insult for the God.
Are they really so bad ?
Thank you for all your help.
Old 29th April 2006, 04:39 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

; phonetic.
耶 [ye1] ← (final part.)

Jesus
耶穌 trad. 耶稣 simp. [ye1 su1]

birth; birthday; brag; boast; to increase
誕 trad. 诞 simp. [dan4]

birthday
誕辰 trad. 诞辰 simp. [dan4 chen2]

Could you explain why this would be offensive?
Old 29th April 2006, 04:53 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

There is nothing offensive, 耶 is the chinese transliteration for "Jesus" so 耶誕節 can be translated into Birth of Jesus Festival.

However, this is the first time i've heard of this expression...
Old 29th April 2006, 05:05 PM

unregistered is an unknown quantity at this point

yea, i indeed saw some people using "耶誕" besides "圣诞". i didn't know "耶誕" is an insultation.

Any evidence?
Old 29th April 2006, 05:10 PM

markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough

圣诞节 is the formal Chinese term for Christmas, it means the holy birthday, the God's birthday.

耶誕節 is the Taiwanese term for Christmas, means Jesus's birthday. The "Holy" word is not included because there are so many different religions in Taiwan and the authorities find it hard to officially use the term "the holy birthday" to describe Jesus' birthday. I heard that overseas Taiwanese christians do not like the term 耶誕節 as Christmas.

testabc, it is ok since it is an official term for Christmas in Taiwan, and your Chinese friend did introduce you the right term. However, Gian is right that it's usage will be limited in Taiwan only.
Old 30th April 2006, 12:19 AM

Re: 耶誕節 耶誕

Giant, bramiozo, blastfromthepast, Touchring, Unregistered, markits, and all who passing by ,

Thanks a lot for your care!
Since these maybe unpleasant words and not good for God, it seemed I should not sell them anymore.
Many thanks again for all your opinions, I'll come back with something new soon.

testabc
Old 4th May 2006, 07:07 AM

Since this thread involved a Christian name that was robbed by a group of so called Confucianists with the assistance of the Taiwanese government, I think it's ok to post the brief story here.

In the last few decades, a group of Confucianist "scholars" in Taiwan attempted to seize the Chinese name of Christmas 圣诞节 and use it for Confusius' birthday. They somehow succeeded and 圣诞节 was ordered to be changed to 耶誕節.

This story reveals how ignorant the present day Chinese are about Confucius and how incompetent the Taiwanese government is.

圣诞节 means Holy Birthday Festival, a name has been used among the Chinese Christian community for a few centuries. The CS (let's use it for the Taiwanese Confucianist Scholars) argued that the word 圣 (holy) should only be used by Confucius because he is the most "holy" man in China's history.

CS had made some serious mistakes in their argument, and in my opinion they should seriously re-examine their conducts. To make it brief, I list my opinions one by one.

1. The word 圣 in 圣诞节 is a Christian word although 圣 did exist before Catholicism was imported. 圣 in ancient China meant something else, and it was reserved for Emperors' use only like "圣旨" (emperor's order), or for leaders with huge contribution to the country as an collective noun like "圣贤".

The meaning of 圣 as we know it today is actually Christian meaning, derived from the Latin word SANCIO when the Jesuits (Catholic priests) introduced it to China. Since then, Chinese started using 圣 (pronounced "sheng") for ordinary people like 圣人 SANCTUS (a Saint, holy man) or 圣玛丽亚 SANCTA MARIA (St. Maria or Holy Mary). We even use 圣 for "things" like "holy city" or "holy object" that were unprecedented in old China.

2. The fundamental teachings of Confucius is the Doctrine of the Mean, fail to regconize this you should not call yourself a Confucianist. Confucius never taught people to be a Saint or a holy man, no matter how good the word 圣 sounds. He only called on people to be 君子, a right man or a gentleman, an ordinary man but always maintain the equilibrium and be always truthful to the heart, the center, the essence of things. Extremely good is not good because it's "extreme", but Christian teachings encourage people to be good at its best form. That's one aspect of the main difference between Chinese philosophy and Christian philosophy.

3. The term 圣诞节 is well known all over the world for many centuries, and it's a label for Christmas established by Christians and belonged to Christians only. To rob this name from the Christians and label it as Confucius' birthday commit the following mistakes:
-Violate the rights of the Chinese Christian over this name under the rules of Law.
-It's an insult to Master Kong by labeling him with a Christian name.
-"Thou shall not rob for any reason in my name" is obvious in the Master's teaching for all his disciples.
-It's a human rights violation and also a violation of religious freedom by interfering the use of a well known name for a religious celebration.

4. The argument that Christian should not use "holy" for Jesus' birthday because the Buddha and Confucius are also holy, is flawed by this example. If your friend calls his son "good boy", can you come and complain that your friend's naming his son "good boy" makes (or inplies) your son not a good boy? You can name your son "smart boy" or "cool boy", there are many other choices, why bother competing for "good boy"? 圣诞节 was originally used within the Christian communities only, no one should interfere their private use of names. Especially in Confucius' case, he never sought to be "holy", why tried to steal a "holy" name for him? 孔子诞辰 (Confucius' Birthday) as we have been using is perfectly fine, and it's the best name for his birthday.

5. One proof to strenthen my opinions is this. If 圣诞节 was a Chinese term and not a Christian term, if the word "holy" is good for Confucius, if Confucius did seek to be holy and wanted 圣诞节 as his birthday's label, our fore fathers would have chosen this name already within the past 2,500 years. There's no any credible reason that they left this job to a group of people struggling even to understand Confucius' texts and incapable of telling Christian names from Chinese.

5. 耶 is coconut. 耶稣 is Jesus pronounced "ye su" following the Latin pronounciation. The correct Chinese naming convention never shortens a foreigner's tranlated name if it can cause distorted meaning by so doing. The CS and the Taiwanese government pretended they forgot the rules of naming and force the whole island to adopt 耶誕節 (The coconut's birthday festival) as Jesus' birthday. Their evil intention is obvious -- to degrade Christmas.

@

Last edited by Giant; 4th May 2006 at 07:23 AM..
Old 4th May 2006, 07:23 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

I see no problems renaming Christmas into 耶誕節.

If 耶 sounds like coconut, then maybe the Chinese word for Jesus must be changed as well, since 耶稣 sounds like Coconut Tart! :o

Perhaps you can treat 耶誕節 as a short form for 耶稣之誕節.

Also, if i'm not mistakened, 耶稣 (Pinyin: YeSu) isn't a Chinese transliteration for the English word Jesus, but the original Hebrew name.

Last edited by touchring; 4th May 2006 at 07:39 AM..
Old 4th May 2006, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
I see no problems renaming Christmas into 耶誕節.

If 耶 sounds like coconut, then maybe the Chinese word for Jesus must be changed as well, since 耶稣 sounds like Coconut Tart! :o.
:-)

Quote:
Perhaps you can treat 耶誕節 as a short form for 耶稣之誕節..
Taiwan did not succeed in changing the name, because most people still use 圣诞节, not to mention the rest of the world.

Quote:
Also, if i'm not mistakened, 耶稣 (Pinyin: YeSu) isn't a Chinese transliteration for the English word Jesus, but the original Hebrew name.
Both Latin and Hebrew pronounce Jesus "yesu". China used Latin's.

@
Old 4th May 2006, 01:59 PM

Thanks Giant for your detailed explanation.
Old 4th May 2006, 03:08 PM
Veteran

於 言 措 不 樂 順 也 君 也 乎 子 子 
  其 也 手 中 不 則 名 子 奚 子 將 路 
  言 言 足 刑 興 事 不 於 其 路 奚 曰 
  無 之 故 罰 禮 不 正 其 正 曰 先 衛 
  所 必 君 不 樂 成 則 所 子 有 子 君 
  茍 可 子 中 不 事 言 不 曰 是 曰 待 
  而 行 名 則 興 不 不 知 野 哉 必 子 
  已 也 之 民 則 成 順 蓋 哉 子 也 而 
  矣 君 必 無 刑 則 言 闕 由 之 正 為 
    子 可 所 罰 禮 不 如 也 迂 名 政 

1. Tsze-lû said, "The ruler of Wei has been waiting for you, in order with you to administer the government. What will you consider the first thing to be done?"
2. The Master replied, "What is necessary is to rectify names."
3. "So! indeed!" said Tsze-lû. "You are wide of the mark! Why must there be such rectification?"
4. The Master said, "How uncultivated you are, Yû! A superior man, in regard to what he does not know, shows a cautious reserve.
5. "If names be not correct, language is not in accordance with the truth of things. If language be not in accordance with the truth of things, affairs cannot be carried on to success.
6. "When affairs cannot be carried on to success, proprieties and music will not flourish. When proprieties and music do not flourish, punishments will not be properly awarded. When punishments are not properly awarded, the people do not know how to move hand or foot.
7. "Therefore a superior man considers it necessary that the names he uses may be spoken appropriately, and also that what he speaks may be carried out appropriately. What the superior man requires is just that in his words there may be nothing incorrect."

The Analects of Confucius XIII.3

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 4th May 2006 at 03:12 PM..
Old 4th May 2006, 03:54 PM

kenne is an unknown quantity at this point

Amen, amitofu and 子曰三人行必有吾师. Interesting discussion
Old 4th May 2006, 04:30 PM

Bigtm is an unknown quantity at this point

It is very nice feeling, listen to you talking。

行于竹端舞剑...beautiful

漂亮&精彩!

岸信介.com

Last edited by Bigtm; 4th May 2006 at 04:34 PM..