IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th April 2006, 09:49 AM

Ben has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura about
Name.net

I was watching some drops and name.net got all of them. I tried whoising them but they contain no contact infomation, instead they show "NO DOMAIN (1)". Their name-servers are "NS.1.NAME.NET", but the domains point to Namedrive. After about 5 whois queries I get "<my IP> has reached its 24 hour query limit".

What's going on here? Are they trying to hide the domains? Is it game-over for drops?

Last edited by Ben; 29th April 2006 at 09:57 AM..
Old 29th April 2006, 04:08 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice
Re: Name.net

Quote:
What's going on here? Are they trying to hide the domains? Is it game-over for drops?
Im afraid the answer is YES. Think about it, if none of the plus 200 enoms got even a single one.... statistics don't lie!
Old 29th April 2006, 04:13 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

It's not clear yet, yesterday's top 2 drops, ejac.com and digitalcam.net were taken by JC and Drew btw. What 200+ enom?
Old 29th April 2006, 04:20 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Touchring: 200 plus is IMOH! What I calculate the total of enoms to be on a top drop according to what people tell me.
Old 29th April 2006, 04:28 PM
Veteran

200+ is a lot, but I estimate about 15-20 on a top drop. But surely the past few days catches has shown that they can't really catch any top drop. I've been monitoring the top 2-3 drops daily, and who caught what over the past 3 weeks, no signs yet.

The developer himself, though, caught a few second tier drops last week - it can be seen from WHOIS.

Last edited by touchring; 29th April 2006 at 04:32 PM..
Old 29th April 2006, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

There's a back room deal going on here with name.net

I knocked on the door and a little panel opened and the unidentified name.net staff member behind it wanted me to show him the size of my wallet and tell him how much I'd let him take out before he'd let me in.
Old 29th April 2006, 05:02 PM
Veteran

Quote:
I knocked on the door and a little panel opened and the unidentified name.net staff member behind it wanted me to show him the size of my wallet and tell him how much I'd let him take out before he'd let me in.
Can you explian that better? They must have made the first deal with a registar. That's what I thought JB was doing.
Old 29th April 2006, 05:03 PM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert
There's a back room deal going on here with name.net

Say they let you in to this group.

What happens when they catch a name that more than one in the group covets?

They'll offer it out to the highest bidder within the group.

This is Snapnames and Pool all over again and self-defeating to whoever started the backroom deal.
Old 29th April 2006, 05:07 PM

Explorer is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Touchring - they are not getting the top drops yet.
Old 29th April 2006, 05:09 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

>Can you explian that better?

What it means is that they wouldn't reveal what the deal is with the members of the group, and that I needed to tell them what I had to offer.

AKA We have a registry connection and we're gonna milk it for every penny we can.
Old 29th April 2006, 05:16 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert
>Can you explian that better?

What it means is that they wouldn't reveal what the deal is with the members of the group, and that I needed to tell them what I had to offer.

AKA We have a registry connection and we're gonna milk it for every penny we can.

Why so secretive? Aren't they just DS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer
I agree with Touchring - they are not getting the top drops yet.

Still no changes to status quo yet, today's top 2 names, one (the better one) to JC and another to Drew.

Last edited by touchring; 29th April 2006 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 29th April 2006, 06:21 PM

Explorer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring

Still no changes to status quo yet, today's top 2 names, one (the better one) to JC and another to Drew.
They got the french term with 12K OVT. So, they are out there. And contrats to Mr Duck on getting gov.com

Last edited by Explorer; 29th April 2006 at 06:23 PM..
Old 29th April 2006, 06:22 PM
Veteran

IMH the top drops today went to name.net:

рс.com and нот.com

(I have the рс.net)
Old 29th April 2006, 06:26 PM
Veteran

Why would those be top drops??

Check the following for their translation and US OVT.

.موبايلي.com

阳具.com
Old 29th April 2006, 06:30 PM
Veteran

阳具 432.000 G 77 Usovt
موبايلي 223.000 G Us 771 Usovt
Old 29th April 2006, 06:55 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose
阳具 432.000 G 77 Usovt
موبايلي 223.000 G Us 771 Usovt
Drop Market...... sadly coming to a close as Name.net is getting the names for their crew.

Last edited by IDNCowboy; 8th November 2007 at 04:14 PM..
Old 29th April 2006, 07:09 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose
IMH the top drops today went to name.net:

рс.com and нот.com

(I have the рс.net)
Those are junk terms. Sorry.
Old 29th April 2006, 08:15 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Those are junk terms. Sorry.
Great to know name.net are putting their best efforts to get junk. lol
Old 29th April 2006, 11:41 PM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road

No, their names are great. Absolutely fantastic!

Man, we suck.
Old 30th April 2006, 12:34 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammascalper
No, their names are great. Absolutely fantastic!

Man, we suck.
рс is a cyrillic lookalike for latin "PC", seems to be more used in Bulgarian for the same reason. The real latin pc.com is owned by intel. рс in cyrillic can also be some kind of abreviation of Р.C. (RS)

PC in Russian is ПК.

compare the googles.
рс 3,530,000
пк 19,200,000

нот is a junk term in Russian, meaning "of musical notes" that makes no sense as a word on its own. Despite the 1,350,000 pages in google, it is useless as a domain name.

Both are a attempt by someone to make phishing domains for english words PC and HOT using cyrillic characters.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 30th April 2006 at 12:42 AM..