IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Wanted

IDN Wanted Those looking to find certain IDNs post here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th December 2009, 02:36 AM

NameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enough
Buying PREMIUM IDNs: High Search Keywords + Traffic!

Looking to purchase a handful of rare "PREMIUM" IDN domains. Only top quality, highest search, generic keywords. Please see the criteria below, budget for premiums is from xxx - x,xxx per name but can go higher if existing traffic and revenue supports a higher price. These should be clear, popular, big terms such as "movies" "food" "pictures" "travel" etc... the popular term for what it describes.

Extension: .COM preferred
The Quality: Only High Search, Popular, Keywords, Premium Generics
Languages: All considered, especially Arabic, Russian, Chinese, Japanese
Search Volume: Must be extremely high, at least 500,000+ Google Search / mo.
Traffic: Should already receive some traffic if it is really premium and a popular term, at least a few hundred visitors per year minimum.

To be clear, looking to buy the best and rare ones, only top high-search keyword terms please. Budget will vary accordingly! Please send stats for the criteria above with a price!
Old 18th December 2009, 04:24 AM

DomainDialect is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Buying PREMIUM IDNs: High Search Keywords + Traffic!

With all due respect, your looking for a rare, premium domain for as little as $xxx? Good luck with that...
Old 18th December 2009, 05:09 AM

NameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enough

Read the full post instead of selecting only one part, I also said x,xxx and even higher if the name is premium enough. It all depends on quality and popularity.
Old 18th December 2009, 05:37 AM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

I think most people here would agree with Dialect, the way your post is written it seems that you're looking for category killer names (I think you said "rare premiums"), and, as the market suggests, prices for these would be above the "xxx and x,xxx and higher" range.

I suggest that you contact a few owners of such "rare premium" domains to get a ballpark figure of the price they're looking for.

You could also monitor charts @ IDNTools and DNJournal to get an idea of the current selling prices.

No hard feelings and good luck. Don't give up, there's a lot of opportunities these days.
Old 18th December 2009, 06:17 AM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Because most of these domainers that are like this person only recently heard of IDNs, they assume that the market is still 1994. So they come here and think they will light up our eyes and warm our hearts with $300 or even $3000 offers for category killer domains. God bless their little souls.

The market is around 1998-1999 at this time. The domains like this are already exponentially higher in price.
Old 18th December 2009, 06:34 AM

Location: Global Headquarters of the Dot Net Skepticism Alliance
idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post
Because most of these domainers that are like this person only recently heard of IDNs, they assume that the market is still 1994. So they come here and think they will light up our eyes and warm our hearts with $300 or even $3000 offers for category killer domains. God bless their little souls.

The market is around 1998-1999 at this time. The domains like this are already exponentially higher in price.
Well said. One thing though. I will never criticize someone who is trying to purchase an idn below market value. At least within reason. Many of us (including yourself!) in some form or another have done so more than once.
Old 18th December 2009, 07:50 AM

Thoughts and opinions can be useful but what is with the unprofessional nature here? If you don't want to sell a name, simply do not contribute to the thread. What is deserving of calling people "little souls" when they simply ask what's for sale? IDNs are nothing new, I've invested in them for many years. But even if a person completely new to IDNs does come aboard as many new people probably will in the near future, what would you do, call them names, deter them? If you want the IDN market to continue growing and the value of all our IDNs to continue going up you should welcome and encourage new people, not turn them away! That said, lets please keep this thread on track for what it was intended, thank you.
Old 18th December 2009, 07:57 AM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NameYourself View Post
Thoughts and opinions can be useful but what is with the unprofessional nature here? If you don't want to sell a name, simply do not contribute to the thread. What is deserving of calling people "little souls" when they simply ask what's for sale? IDNs are nothing new, I've invested in them for many years. But even if a person completely new to IDNs does come aboard as many new people probably will in the near future, what would you do, call them names, deter them? If you want the IDN market to continue growing and the value of all our IDNs to continue going up you should welcome and encourage new people, not turn them away! That said, lets please keep this thread on track for what it was intended, thank you.
The market does better with a few reported $x,xxx $xx,xxx sales than $xxx and low $x,xxx numbers. I would love to buy a time machine and buy up all of the top generics.
Old 18th December 2009, 07:59 AM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

I see what you're saying, but 'PREMIUM' and 'xxx - x,xxx per name but can go higher if existing traffic and revenue supports a higher price' do not to my mind go hand in hand. Nothing wrong with putting it out there though.
Old 18th December 2009, 08:07 AM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NameYourself View Post
What is deserving of calling people "little souls" when they simply ask what's for sale?

I was feeling kind because I've already had my coffee this morning ;-)

I'll be blunt now: You're walking into a jewellery store and asking the owner to sell you a new Omega Seamaster for $25, and you expect him not to laugh at you and show you the door. The story would be a lot different if you walked in and offered him $1800, even though this would still be quite a steal for you. At this offer level, however, he'd think that you were serious about entering price negotiations rather than insulting his intelligence.
Old 18th December 2009, 08:18 AM

markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough

hehe you guys are all funny here.

I see it perfectly ok for NameYourself to ask for some domains at his nominated prices. I have been opening such bargain hunting threads from time to time and the results are quite pleasant.
Old 18th December 2009, 09:38 AM

K.I is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post
I was feeling kind because I've already had my coffee this morning ;-)

I'll be blunt now: You're walking into a jewellery store and asking the owner to sell you a new Omega Seamaster for $25, and you expect him not to laugh at you and show you the door. The story would be a lot different if you walked in and offered him $1800, even though this would still be quite a steal for you. At this offer level, however, he'd think that you were serious about entering price negotiations rather than insulting his intelligence.
You don't have to be a punk to make your point.
Old 18th December 2009, 11:37 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

On the other hand, he is only asking for a few hundred visitors a year. He is probably a bit green around the ears. Some of ours are getting that not in a Year, or even a Month, not even a week but every 24hrs! And I am talking about natural type-in.
Old 18th December 2009, 12:00 PM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by markits View Post

I see it perfectly ok for NameYourself to ask for some domains at his nominated prices. I have been opening such bargain hunting threads from time to time and the results are quite pleasant.
I have to agree, might just find the guy(s) that need a quick few $'s- good luck to Nameyourself.
Old 18th December 2009, 12:48 PM

DomainDialect is an unknown quantity at this point

My intent wasn't to seem demeaning or negative, just realistic. If you can grab "premium" domains for $xxx, more power to you. Again, sincerely, good luck!
Old 18th December 2009, 12:55 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomainDialect View Post
My intent wasn't to seem demeaning or negative, just realistic. If you can grab "premium" domains for $xxx, more power to you. Again, sincerely, good luck!
Absolutely right, people will not appreciate their true value until they have first hand experience of how bloody difficult it can be.
Old 18th December 2009, 12:56 PM
Administrator

bramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bramiozo Send a message via Skype™ to bramiozo

Keep it on-topic people . That doesn't mean you cannot give suggestions to the TS but rather give those suggestions through a pm and public discussions about market price should take place in a separate topic.

If so requested the posts can be moved to a separate topic.

thank you.
Old 18th December 2009, 02:55 PM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by markits View Post

Those days are over my friend

EDIT:
If the OP wants my comments removed by all means do so.
Old 18th December 2009, 10:17 PM
Premium User

Kent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enough

I'm interested in purchasing premiums at these prices as well. Feel free to PM me with domain names. Not holding my breath for any responses.
Old 18th December 2009, 11:48 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

@NameYourself

There are still bargains to be had, I had some success with emailing owners directly via targeted whois records.

and you'll get a much higher hit rate if you simply state a price with your enquiry - rather than "is this for sale".. as most people simply ignore that email as it's usually followed up with a $50 offer

but to be frank, most people here would pay what you are paying in a heartbeat for the prices/language/criteria you ask. Having brokered a number of domains in this category I know fairly well what moves sellers to sell and it is usually mid to high xx,xxx

but like I said, you might get lucky by approaching this from the whois angle instead - and while the tone you received from a few people here may seem somewhat hostile, the messaging in that is spot on.

Last edited by alpha; 18th December 2009 at 11:56 PM..