IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain Appraisals

IDN Domain Appraisals Appraisals by other members on International domain names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th December 2009, 01:37 PM

dave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished road
משחקים games.com Hebrew

Hi,

Lately I have been receiving inquires from natives about:

http://www.משחקים.com/ Games

What is your appraisal?

Thanks!
Old 19th December 2009, 01:57 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Re: משחקים games.com Hebrew

Unless you need the cash, I would hold onto that one. That is potentially one of the biggest traffic names in Hebrew, and will probably earn you more over the long haul than whatever anyone wants to pay.
Old 19th December 2009, 02:42 PM

dave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished road

Thanks bwhhisc!

"Games" in Hebrew was the most searched word on Google.co.il in 2009.

I know it’s a keeper… been holding it since 2001.

Would you sell it for 50k? 75k? over 100k?
Old 19th December 2009, 02:57 PM

The tone of the offers lately has changed from a “kid” trying to buy it for $200 to a more serious inquires.

That is evidence that the market in Israel is maturing and is more receptive to IDN’s.
Old 19th December 2009, 06:10 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_5 View Post
Thanks bwhhisc!
"Games" in Hebrew was the most searched word on Google.co.il in 2009.
I know it’s a keeper… been holding it since 2001.
Would you sell it for 50k? 75k? over 100k?
Tough question...but to the right end user $30- $50k would be pretty close based on the rumor mill of what the top-top-top Russian and Chinese .coms are going for. Israel is a much smaller popultion market, so not sure how that would play into things. I imagine the ppc will be much higher though.

I had a native speaker here in the forum negotiate for me with an Israeli attorney who wanted my Hebrew divorce.com. He wanted to pay xxx, or low x,xxx. and I was at $15k miniumum so didn't end up doing the deal. He could have made that money off a handful of divorce cases and had the domain for a lifetime. End users just have to catch on to the value of a domain name or its a tough sell sometimes.
Old 19th December 2009, 07:06 PM

Steve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enough

$50K Now.....$80K - $100K, a year from now.
Old 19th December 2009, 07:41 PM

Thanks for the opinions guys!

$50K Now.....$80K - $100K, a year from now. Is what I had in mind too.
Old 19th December 2009, 08:44 PM

Location: Global Headquarters of the Dot Net Skepticism Alliance
idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road

I would say 10K - 50K now, 50K - 100K maybe 2 years from now.

Obviously a great name, but I would be shocked if you sold it for 50K today.

The wait is the risk versus reward. Cash out now or take the chance for more later?
Old 20th December 2009, 07:52 AM

abe is on a distinguished roadabe is on a distinguished roadabe is on a distinguished roadabe is on a distinguished roadabe is on a distinguished roadabe is on a distinguished road

Hi,

In my opinion, no less than 250k$. Go check what companies in Israel spend on just website layout/graphics(ynet.co.il spent 250K$ on a junky layout which they dropped at the end..). I would tend to think that a good name is worth just as much. The Israeli market is one of the most advanced though its is obviously a small market compared to China etc..

However if you need the cash, then its another story.

A
Old 20th December 2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abe View Post
Hi,

In my opinion, no less than 250k$. Go check what companies in Israel spend on just website layout/graphics(ynet.co.il spent 250K$ on a junky layout which they dropped at the end..). I would tend to think that a good name is worth just as much. The Israeli market is one of the most advanced though its is obviously a small market compared to China etc..

However if you need the cash, then its another story.

A
Kids websites/portals are hot in Israel. The last sale was of moomoo .co .il (1.3 million visitors /month). The site was evaluated at the time of the sale at 2.5 million USD.
Old 20th December 2009, 04:04 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

This is an awesome name. Obviously.

I think you'll regret selling it right now. Even if you sold it for 50k right now it'll be worth 3 times that by the end of next year.

I say hold out. Unless you absolutely need the cash.

Good luck with this domain. I can hear the cash register ringing all the way over here.

Cheers.
Old 20th December 2009, 04:38 PM

No I don't need the cash...
Old 20th December 2009, 10:49 PM

DomainDialect is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Great! Can I have some of your extra? :D
Old 25th December 2009, 01:31 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

555 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by idn View Post
but I would be shocked if you sold it for 50K today.
From what i know, the record holder for a Hebrew single domain sale is 50k , about 1yr ago
Old 26th December 2009, 08:40 AM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Quote:
Right. So don't sell it. Not for a LONG time.