IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Name News

Internationalized Domain Name News Recent IDN related News

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th April 2006, 10:03 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Banned at DNF

Please be advise that I cannot be contacted at DNFs as some brain dead Mod has banned me for apparently spamming IDFs. Frankly, I will not put up with such secret police style tactics as there has been no overt intention to spam, but if we are talking about IDNs then it is purely hypocritical to prevent the one person that has done more to try and develop the scene their from mentioning the richest source of information on the Planet.

I sorry, but I am going to have to think long and hard about going back there and to think I was seriously considering subscribing for Exclusive Membership. I must have been off my trolley!
Old 29th April 2006, 10:10 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy
Re: Banned at DNF

Don't worry, RD, you're not the first to be banned from there

I'll send you a t-shirt.
Old 29th April 2006, 10:12 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

I have been banned too a couple weeks ago. It seems like it you dissagree with certain long standing forum members, they will get the mod to ban you. Kind of childish.
Old 29th April 2006, 10:14 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Perhaps, you can petition an "unban" - based on merits given by other forumers - http://www.dnforum.com/f273/admin-mo...?highlight=idn.
Old 29th April 2006, 10:19 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Well frankly, I think it is appalling that members of DNFs are paying for the privilege of having vital information withheld from them that the Forum owner appears have greatly benefited from. It just will not do. If there is no adequate resolution to this problem within the next 48hrs. I feel I will have no option but to call for certain individuals to banned from this forum.

Foremost amonst these is our friend Nimbus who is wilfully misrepresenting sales information and suspect that it was because I backed up Edwins intervention at DNFs in this respect that some retailitory action appears to have been taken.

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/2378...=central+tokyo

Well check this out and the similar offending thread at DNFs and let us all know whether this guy deserves to be part of our community or not! More proof, if proof were needed that the mods at DNF have little or no interest in protecting ordinary domainers from Charlatans.

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 29th April 2006 at 10:46 PM..
Old 29th April 2006, 10:46 PM

g is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished road

I had been banned twice but that was long time ago
Old 29th April 2006, 10:52 PM
Veteran

Yes perhaps we ought to have ribbons here, but instead of just buying them you could get them for being banned at other forums. What do you think? Maybe differenet colours for different forums?
Old 29th April 2006, 10:59 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Well frankly, I think it is appalling that members of DNFs are paying for the privilege of having vital information withheld from them that the Forum owner appears have greatly benefited from. It just will not do. If there is no adequate resolution to this problem within the next 48hrs. I feel I will have no option but to call for certain individuals to banned from this forum.

Foremost amonst these is our friend Nimbus who is wilfully misrepresenting sales information and suspect that it was because I backed up Edwins intervention at DNFs in this respect that some retailitory action appears to have been taken.

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/2378...=central+tokyo

Well check this out and the similar offending thread at DNFs and let us all know whether this guy deserves to be part of our community or not! More proof, if proof were needed that the mods at DNF have little or no interest in protecting ordinary domainers from Charlatans.

Central Tokyo - such an expression is invalid for Chinese, so i guess it's invalid for Kanji as well. It should be the other way round - "Tokyo Central". Also, i noticed that Tokyo when combined with other words, carry the "capital" character.
Old 29th April 2006, 11:03 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Dont let them get you.

Your cause of highlighting dodgy IDN sales over there has just been taken up a gear - you're not the first evangelist to become a martyr.

this is all good - they've just un-whittingly dumped a whole load of fuel on this fire.

just sit back and watch it all unfold
Old 29th April 2006, 11:05 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Central Tokyo - such an expression is invalid for Chinese, so i guess it's invalid for Kanji as well. It should be the other way round - "Tokyo Central".
The point I was making is that the Google and Overture scores quoted are a total and deliberate misrepresentation. He had adverse comment from Edwin on the appraisal here but published a totally unmodified version on a sales thread at DNFs. The domain gets neglible Google scores and even the correct way around it not anything like as good as it is hyped. OK, honest mistakes can be made, but we have all seen evidence of individuals persisting to put the same message over and over, even when they know it is incorrect. In this case as in many others added a abetted by the Mods at DNF.
Old 29th April 2006, 11:07 PM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point

When a forum is run by foolish people, the outcome is always humorous.

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@
Old 29th April 2006, 11:07 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale
Dont let them get you.

Your cause of highlighting dodgy IDN sales over there has just been taken up a gear - you're not the first evangelist to become a martyr.

this is all good - they've just un-whittingly dumped a whole load of fuel on this fire.

just sit back and watch it all unfold
Well, that would be excellent, but I cannot actually access the site, so I feel a bit like Steve Wonder at the Piano!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant
When a forum is run by foolish people, the outcome is always humorous.
I think they are concerned that they may be loosing market positon, but the policy there is really frankly a substantial part of the problem. A forum should be somewhere, where stimulating interesting debate goes on, rather than trying to put the unwilling in ranks and file, like some latter day prisoner of war camp.

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 29th April 2006 at 11:11 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 29th April 2006, 11:19 PM
Semi-retired

So whats your plan then, roll over or fight?
Old 29th April 2006, 11:27 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Well, that would be excellent, but I cannot actually access the site, so I feel a bit like Steve Wonder at the Piano!

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 29th April 2006 at 11:33 PM..
Old 29th April 2006, 11:28 PM
Veteran

Quote:
So whats your plan then, roll over or fight?
These guys are laughable. I turned five figures today. In a few year time these guys will be queuing up to pay that to listen to my after dinner speaches, if they can book me in the first place.

No, I shall probably just content myself here, unless somebody wants to launch a real rival forum to DNFs with my new acquisition Domaniacs.com. Anyone who can convince me they are capable of doing the job can set up a forum and if they crack 500 genuine members in 6 months, I will give them the name!
Old 29th April 2006, 11:33 PM
Semi-retired

Quote:
These guys are laughable. I turned five figures today. In a few year time these guys will be queuing up to pay that to listen to my after dinner speaches, if they can book me in the first place.

No, I shall probably just content myself here, unless somebody wants to launch a real rival forum to DNFs with my new acquisition Domaniacs.com. Anyone who can convince me they are capable of doing the job can set up a forum and if they crack 500 genuine members in 6 months, I will give them the name!
thats what I like to hear, good old British fighting spirit.

Old 29th April 2006, 11:35 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast
Thanks, for that!
Old 29th April 2006, 11:38 PM
Veteran

Quote:
thats what I like to hear, good old British fighting spirit.
Old 29th April 2006, 11:38 PM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni

According to Adam, it's a 3-day ban for spamming members with this message:

<<
In Reply to your Post Re: Appraisals ~ URGENT:

Only to get down to ********s.com and find out what is really going on in the domain World! You are talking to a man that is in the process of making millions out of fresh air. The forum is free for now, and I promise I won't try to sell you anything.

Rubber Duck>>

That's from his post on the thread mentioned above.
Old 29th April 2006, 11:39 PM
Veteran

Yes, the burning question I have at the moment, is what happens if you are using DCG's Parking Service? If you say something that is not politically correct, do you still get paid or is your parking income also suspended for the duration of the ban, just how does that work?