IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st December 2009, 09:14 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy
Japan government launches service without Japanese domain name.

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...000545-san-pol

Someone else snapped it up even though government sites can be on a different extension.
Old 31st December 2009, 09:39 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
Re: Japan government launches service without Japanese domain name.

WOW. Google translator sucks so it was hard to get the full story but why would they announce the domain name before they register it?

The owners seem a little pissed at the government. And of course they are using privacy whois. Not like that will matter.

On the site ハトミミ.com (mimi pigeons?)

Quote:
政府のみなさん。インターネットに関する知識を十分に理解してお仕事されていますか?
ハトミミ.comに載せる国民の声を募集しています。連絡先:XhR4l40k@gmail.comまでお送りください。
平成21年12月31日22時15分更新
Quote:
Everyone in the government. What is your job to understand the knowledge of the Internet?
Mimi pigeons. Com we are seeking to put the voice of the people. Contact: XhR4l40k@gmail.com please send it.
December 31, 2009 Updated 22:15 minutes
Is this a big story in Japan? Or a page 6 story?

Edit: Forgot to put a link to the actual site. http://ハトミミ.com/

Edit:

Last edited by sarcle; 31st December 2009 at 09:56 PM..
Old 31st December 2009, 09:57 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

They were planning to advertise the site name, while actually being on an ascii domain, as is commonly done in Japan.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 31st December 2009 at 10:03 PM..
Old 31st December 2009, 11:04 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast View Post
They were planning to advertise the site name, while actually being on an ascii domain, as is commonly done in Japan.
I understand that part. I'm just wondering how big of a story this is in Japan.

Looks like there is some history to this.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/notorious/ar.../52137090.html

Seems some twitter talk.
http://twitter.com/#search?q=%E3%83%...83%9F%E3%83%9F
Old 31st December 2009, 11:08 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

You can't register the .cn, it is kana.
Old 31st December 2009, 11:12 PM
Veteran

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/net/news/20...OYT8T00337.htm

http://mainichi.jp/select/seiji/news...10037000c.html
Old 1st January 2010, 01:46 AM

Looks like the site has updated again.

Quote:
Everyone in the government.

What is your job to understand the knowledge of the Internet?

Everyone of the people.

Mimi pigeons. Com we are seeking to put the voice of the people. Contact: XhR4l40k@gmail.com please send it.

Announcements

Mimi pigeons. Com is the joint operator in recruiting. Contact: XhR4l40k@gmail.com your name (can also handle name), contacts (which make contact within one business day) on a clear, 1. Government, the Democrats, 2. Mimi pigeons. Com Why How will the three. Self appeal, please send in about 200 characters each. The deadline is January 5, 2010 23:59 59 seconds.

Voice of the people asked

January 1, 2009 minutes of arrival until 10:00 minutes

Unless the government or holding it's too dumb to get the voice of the public domain

Operating procedures as evidenced by the new government to see the results in this domain would have very problem. Ministerial team leaders and bureaucrats are condescending to be seen also as deputy prime minister said, I think is insufficient in communication with the working-level officials. There is no problem with the bureaucracy of the Liberal Democratic Party set the stage for the previous method I think is better for the people happy in the method is sufficient to demonstrate the professional skills of the administrative bureaucracy Iimasen. , 30 year-old women, who requested anonymity,

Democratic governments have no sense of crisis that it is incapable of anything scary, Mimi pigeons. Com As you can see even forgot to take the domain of guys never do anything stupid. Bulldoze a meeting on the Emperor and the Chinese Communist Party, as bawdy interview to the Emperor in order to upstage the secretary just a taste of Ozawa and Yara will be the campaign pledges breaking spree, the alliance with the United States also are being messed up, not the Japanese people and 95 more manifest in the struggle to let someone pass higher percentage of foreigners to vote against the government's worst traitorous. (Rest is omitted), voice of the people,

It seems that Prime Minister Hatoyama and tax evasion. Bale seems to have been paid from the past seven years not only to the taxpayer, it is minutes prior to entering into his own pocket. Please do something. Voice of the people,,,

Flog a waste of budget planning itself Mimi pigeon droppings or something! Voice of the people,,,

Democratic government, was disappointed in the weakness of the net. From the time of Horiemonmeru, I learned I have not one anything. ,,, Anonymous

Previously, Mimi com Temashita pigeons I have seen reports of very uncomfortable. Late last year and something I wanted to dismiss an incompetent Prime Minister of tax evasion from the dictatorship of Ichiro Ozawa, I decided to begin with. ,,, 1 憂U people in Japan

First of all, wages are too high and too many members! The hard part is spending many voters in the election costs, etc. If you can save money to address the gathering in one place all candidates in the district, for example if the electoral system will be easier to understand than the candidates! Therefore, it is possible to reduce the salary! Besides, who should have won easily Dattara ability or really even have to create posters! Voice of the people why it's a tool of dependency

Kei Yes, Mr. Hatoyama, www inquiry is to destroy the Democratic national finance them, and so plans to Shina province of Japan. Please chestnut appearance to attract the death penalty in all the traitors. Voice of the people,,,

Whatever it is that the LDP will be the Democratic Party. Many people who support the regime to maximize their profits. Democrats continue to blame the government at a disadvantage to the people that you will support whoever. Voice of the people,,,

Can not think of an ad hoc basis in advance to get a domain, 付Ke焼刃, like-fetched to say no ... it is pathetic and only.

Tax evasion is a term Prime 並Be立Te the mercy of ad hoc parties and a few dirty traitorous Sawa In the future, we will have distorted the value and dignity of this country. Voice of the people,,,

My favorite:
Quote:
Democratic governments have no sense of crisis that it is incapable of anything scary, Mimi pigeons. Com As you can see even forgot to take the domain of guys never do anything stupid.

Well hopefully this will make people realize they need to secure their domain names before they promote them.
Old 1st January 2010, 02:05 AM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle View Post
Looks like the site has updated again.

My favorite:

Well hopefully this will make people realize they need to secure their domain names before they promote them.
He is dissing his government lol... Lucky he is a Japanese citizen and not a Chinese citizen. :P
Otherwise he'd have some explainin to do :P
Old 1st January 2010, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNCowboy View Post
He is dissing his government
This looks embarrassing for the government.
Old 1st January 2010, 02:14 AM

Clotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enough

Another image from another site.

http://sankei.jp.msn.com/politics/po...2001004-n1.htm

Trying to upload a picture to this site is frustrating. 19.5kb max size?

Last edited by Clotho; 22nd July 2011 at 09:30 AM..
Old 1st January 2010, 02:53 AM
Veteran

Mimi means ears.
Old 1st January 2010, 12:25 PM

andre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle View Post
Ah! Thats interesting. I notice that on a search listing that Twitter is IDN capable. The IDNs are clickable and work. Then look at one of the users that has a live IDN in the search results and when you look at the specific user the IDN is just text.

In my twitter timeline, IDNs are just text and if I look at other twitter users the same is true.

So parts of Twitter seem to be IDN capable and other parts are not IDN capable.

Or is there another factor at play ?????????????

André 小山 Schappo
http://おとく.com/
Old 1st January 2010, 03:08 PM
Veteran

Big ears is now posting political messages emailed to them.
Old 1st January 2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre View Post
Ah! Thats interesting. I notice that on a search listing that Twitter is IDN capable. The IDNs are clickable and work. Then look at one of the users that has a live IDN in the search results and when you look at the specific user the IDN is just text.

In my twitter timeline, IDNs are just text and if I look at other twitter users the same is true.

So parts of Twitter seem to be IDN capable and other parts are not IDN capable.

Or is there another factor at play ?????????????

André 小山 Schappo
http://おとく.com/
Yeah, the timeline is all jacked-up now. I should have taken a screenshot as all the posts but two have disappeared. I don't know what happen to them as tweets were being posted every 30 seconds or so. Obviously, Twitter still has some bugs to work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast
Big ears is now posting political messages emailed to them.
I noticed they are also advertising the unicode now. Wondering if they are running into the IE6 issue?

Quote:
リンクについて
リンクフリーです。URLはhttp://xn--fdkn3ca.com/です。
Edit:
Damn copy/paste.

Last edited by sarcle; 1st January 2010 at 03:57 PM..
Old 1st January 2010, 03:46 PM

markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough

http://images.google.com/images?q=%E...N&hl=en&tab=wi
Old 1st January 2010, 04:05 PM

Looks like topsy has all the tweets stored:

http://topsy.com/s?q=%E3%83%8F%E3%83...83%9F%E3%83%9F

Edit:
BTW, IMO. Government dissent on a government promoted domain name that's for "waste and fraud" is not only irony. It's just pure awesomeness; especially on an IDN.

Last edited by sarcle; 1st January 2010 at 04:29 PM..
Old 4th January 2010, 03:46 AM

Looks like they've updated the site again.

Made slashdot.jp a few minutes ago.

http://slashdot.jp/articles/10/01/04/0347218.shtml
Old 4th January 2010, 04:00 AM

Already made the top 5k twitter links on topsy. Too bad twitter search isn't working right to read the posts real-time. Isn't that what twitter is for?

You can read the twitter posts from Topsy though.

http://topsy.com/trackback?url=http%...04%252F0347218