IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Development > Help Wanted

Help Wanted Need to hire someone to develop international domains or need a consultant to help search for IDN domains. Post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th January 2010, 05:42 PM

DktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura about
Re: Which Language Shuold I Pick?

360°.COM is on sedo.
Old 19th January 2010, 05:55 PM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

I can hardly wait ...
Old 19th January 2010, 06:07 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
I can hardly wait ...
Me too!!! I want to be the first to bid...
Old 19th January 2010, 07:10 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DktoInc View Post
360°.COM is on sedo.
Creation Date: 02-jan-2002
Old 19th January 2010, 07:12 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha View Post
Creation Date: 02-jan-2002
Yes, and whois protected from Canada. I wonder who that could be...
Old 19th January 2010, 07:58 PM

DktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura about

lol It already has bids on it.

How many symbol domains should one sell before you guys start believing in symbols?
Old 19th January 2010, 08:01 PM
Semi-retired

Quote:

How many symbol domains should one sell before you guys start believing in symbols?
a couple of years ago I remember reading in the news that 2 guys sold via Ebay a fart in a jar, and an air guitar. Both auctions had a ton of bids.
Old 19th January 2010, 08:04 PM

Were you the buyer for these items? Is that why you don't believe in symbol domains? was it the fart in a jar that made you like this?

Don't you think it may be time to widen your horizons?

Last edited by DktoInc; 19th January 2010 at 08:06 PM..
Old 19th January 2010, 08:13 PM
Semi-retired

Quote:
Were you the buyer for these items? Is that why you don't believe in symbol domains? was it the fart in a jar that made you like this?
my point was that the number of people queuing up to buy has no relation to how useful they might end up being.

If you or anyone else wants to spend a ton of money on symbols, then go ahead, there are millions of combination's out there to reg. I really don't care how you spend you money.

What people are trying to say here, is that it does seem somewhat short sighted with 293 different langauges opened up by IDN.. all that opportunity, and you get caught up on taking an English word and slipping in a symbol to make it look cool.

each to their own.

just my 2c (2¢.net drops on the 23rd btw)

Last edited by alpha; 19th January 2010 at 08:17 PM..
Old 19th January 2010, 08:21 PM

You can reg symbold with IDNs too. the point I am trying to make here is that the possibilitites are endless. No need to bash a guy if he is trying to reg and promote a symbol domain
Old 19th January 2010, 08:46 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

To me selling something that you know to have no intrinsic value to somebody you have convinced that it does is not ethical, but then I am not Goldman Sachs.
Old 20th January 2010, 03:45 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
To me selling something that you know to have no intrinsic value to somebody you have convinced that it does is not ethical, but then I am not Goldman Sachs.

The issue is representation, the seller needs to point out that there's a good chance that some symbol domains may not resolve on updated browsers 5 years from now because they have been removed from the specs.
Old 20th January 2010, 03:55 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring View Post
The issue is representation, the seller needs to point out that there's a good chance that some symbol domains may not resolve on updated browsers 5 years from now because they have been removed from the specs.
Except that he believes that it will make the existing symbol domains "more rare" and therefore more valuable.
Old 20th January 2010, 05:07 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast View Post
Except that he believes that it will make the existing symbol domains "more rare" and therefore more valuable.
yes, and that's not impossible, old coins got no use, but are expensive because they are rare. lol
Old 20th January 2010, 09:45 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring View Post
And even that is mis-representation because you cannot guarantee them 5 Months!
Old 20th January 2010, 03:10 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
And even that is mis-representation because you cannot guarantee them 5 Months!

Gee, we're deviating from the subject. Unless Symbols is a language. :!