IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Development > Help Wanted

Help Wanted Need to hire someone to develop international domains or need a consultant to help search for IDN domains. Post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st January 2010, 12:48 PM

Pandarian is an unknown quantity at this point
Which Language Shuold I Pick?

I tryed to register Keyword IDN from a drop, But i cant figure out the language

E.g: sex©.com

IDN cant register with english
Old 1st January 2010, 02:11 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Re: Which Language Shuold I Pick?

What you are probably looking for was taken in 2007 in .com, also .net
sex©.com
xn--sex-1ea.com Taken - whois website
sex©.net
xn--sex-1ea.net Taken - whois website

But for crying out loud...why not register some "dictionary" words in various languages. That is the BIG opportunity here.

Frankly, I don't think sex© will get any traffic, they are at best vanity domains. And beside, who beside a very small minority of nerds even knows how to 'type in' the © without cutting and pasting. :p

In arriving here at IDNF, you have stumbled onto the greatest opportunity of your lifetime with IDNs...don't blow it registering garbage.
Take a look at the auctions, post up to buy some lists, grab some free resources at idntools.com and get busy.
Old 1st January 2010, 05:16 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandarian View Post

IDN cant register with english
With spelling like that, I would definitely avoid Enlgish.
Old 1st January 2010, 05:26 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:

You joined in '07 and this is the best you can come up with?
Old 1st January 2010, 05:45 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
With spelling like that, I would definitely avoid Enlgish.
God damn, I love the dry british humour
Old 2nd January 2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc View Post
What you are probably looking for was taken in 2007 in .com, also .net
sex©.com
xn--sex-1ea.com Taken - whois website
sex©.net
xn--sex-1ea.net Taken - whois website

But for crying out loud...why not register some "dictionary" words in various languages. That is the BIG opportunity here.

Frankly, I don't think sex© will get any traffic, they are at best vanity domains. And beside, who beside a very small minority of nerds even knows how to 'type in' the © without cutting and pasting. :p

In arriving here at IDNF, you have stumbled onto the greatest opportunity of your lifetime with IDNs...don't blow it registering garbage.
Take a look at the auctions, post up to buy some lists, grab some free resources at idntools.com and get busy.
Actualy im not trying to register Sex©.com
its just a example

My domain i try to register is keyword + © .com
what language should i pick?
Old 2nd January 2010, 12:26 PM

Clotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enough

None,

Pretty sure you can't register symbol domains anymore.
Old 2nd January 2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clotho View Post
None,

Pretty sure you can't register symbol domains anymore.
I tryed dynadot and it can

check this tall©.com (xn--tall-8fa.com)
Old 2nd January 2010, 01:03 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive

Quote:
I tryed dynadot and it can

check this tall©.com (xn--tall-8fa.com)
So you haven't actually tried to register it? Just checked availability?

Just pick the language of 'keyword', or the next closest like Spanish or French. But was under the same impression as Clotho - that you could not register new symbol domains.
Old 2nd January 2010, 02:52 PM

Reged these two domains

art©.com (xn--art-1ea.com)
domain©.com (xn--domain-nia.com)

Any Value?
Old 2nd January 2010, 02:55 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Reged these two domains

Any Value?
nope.
Old 2nd January 2010, 03:00 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Reged these two domains

Any Value?
None
Old 2nd January 2010, 03:06 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive

Quote:
Reged these two domains

Any Value?
No
Old 2nd January 2010, 05:35 PM

May i know why?
Old 2nd January 2010, 06:08 PM
Veteran

Quote:
May i know why?
Because nobody will be able to type it, and even if they could the browser will not be able to resolve it through the DNS.
Old 3rd January 2010, 04:07 AM

DktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
May i know why?

You can still register Keyword+©, i have a few myself. The majority here are registering keywords in different languages, but what you have to realize people is that everything is about to change. Its been 15 years and we are pretty much using the same technology to surf the net as we did a decade ago. With the coming of IDNs, internet is taking a huge step into the future of hi-tech. Browsers are going to change, software that we use today is going to change to adapt with the future market. Possibility of typing in International scripts and symbols with a click of a mouse will be here. Possibility of scrolling to your .com, .net, .cn, .me......... extensions instead of typing them in like we do right now is there as well. There is a lot of room for upgrades in the browser world. People, this is year 2010. We are going to have space trips available to the regular public in less then 2 years. Get out of the box and think outside of it.

Go ahead and do register the symbols and what ever else you feel like registering, because tomorrow is another day.
Old 3rd January 2010, 06:52 AM

DktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DktoInc View Post
You can still register Keyword+©, i have a few myself. The majority here are registering keywords in different languages, but what you have to realize people is that everything is about to change. Its been 15 years and we are pretty much using the same technology to surf the net as we did a decade ago. With the coming of IDNs, internet is taking a huge step into the future of hi-tech. Browsers are going to change, software that we use today is going to change to adapt with the future market. Possibility of typing in International scripts and symbols with a click of a mouse will be here. Possibility of scrolling to your .com, .net, .cn, .me......... extensions instead of typing them in like we do right now is there as well. There is a lot of room for upgrades in the browser world. People, this is year 2010. We are going to have space trips available to the regular public in less then 2 years. Get out of the box and think outside of it.

Go ahead and do register the symbols and what ever else you feel like registering, because tomorrow is another day.
oww, and I have to add those domain forwarders do look tempting... Why do i need to get a million dollar english 1 letter .com to represent my image on the internet? I can get and equally nice 1 letter IDN domain in a language less widely used (ex. Tibetian or symbols)advertise my website under what ever domain name i am already using and forward it to the IDN. I am sure it will be all much easier to understand when all the browsers become more stable with IDNs. and it wont cost me 10 million to get a 1 letter domain name for my image.

Last edited by DktoInc; 3rd January 2010 at 07:02 AM..
Old 3rd January 2010, 07:12 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

© is not valid for IDNs.
Old 3rd January 2010, 07:16 AM

® is.
Old 3rd January 2010, 09:49 AM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DktoInc View Post
® is.
Do you have a registered trademark on the IDNs using this symbol?