IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain Appraisals

IDN Domain Appraisals Appraisals by other members on International domain names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th April 2006, 05:59 AM

gatorgrad is an unknown quantity at this point
ασύρματα.com

ασύρματα.com and
ασυρματα.com

"ασύρματα" has google results of 731k and ovt of 30
Old 30th April 2006, 01:59 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive
Re: ασύρματα.com

Wow - wireless.com! Great find.
Old 30th April 2006, 07:16 PM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni

Also the adjective form of ασύρματα δίκτυα (=wireless networks). And other things that can be wireless: phones, headphones etc.

It could be that Greeks may use the word alone to specify wireless. Sites are using it for navigation to their wireless products.

I'll be in Greece in a few days and I'll ask around.
Old 30th April 2006, 07:31 PM

gatorgrad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanni
Also the adjective form of ασύρματα δίκτυα (=wireless networks). And other things that can be wireless: phones, headphones etc.

It could be that Greeks may use the word alone to specify wireless. Sites are using it for navigation to their wireless products.

I'll be in Greece in a few days and I'll ask around.
i reg'ed that at the same time. I'm testing out the usage of two keyword domains. I'd love your input into their usage. If while your in Greece, you could find out a bit more about that I'd greatly appreciate it. I think I may have reg'ed a monster greek domain if I'm understanding the syntax correctly.

I was browsing a couple of established greek websites selling those type products, found it interesting the terms they were using for LAN, WAN, and other more technical terms.
Old 30th April 2006, 07:51 PM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni

I will find out and let you know.

One word of caution though: Especially for tech related terms, people will mostly use the "borrowed" english term while a site that wants to project a professional image, may use the less common Greek term.

I think eventually it's the younger generation that will dictate what will be mostly used in the near future (in Greece), since the internet is so young there.