IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Talk > IDN Newbies

IDN Newbies IDN domain newbie questions like What is an IDN domain, what are idners, how do you use punycode, is there a Japanese sedo etc. Since this is a new market please don't hesitate to ask questions...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd January 2010, 11:02 PM

spacey is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello from australia

Just got the idn bug ( About 5 years too late ) although some good aftermarket names about i guess

I think the whole idn thing is a goog idea , of course people prefer their own language

although with so many extensions and gtld's coming i do wonder if the concept of domaining will be so diluted they will become like second hand cars

cheap and nasty ??

Cheers all

Old 3rd January 2010, 11:45 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Re: Hello from australia

Welcome to IDNForums. Still some good stuff out there to grab at reg fee.
Also some good drops to chase. Best deals are on the secondary market, but don't wait too long to grab a few.
Old 4th January 2010, 12:42 AM

dnnames is on a distinguished roaddnnames is on a distinguished roaddnnames is on a distinguished roaddnnames is on a distinguished roaddnnames is on a distinguished roaddnnames is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to dnnames

Welcome! Nice to see another Aussie here. Quite a few aussies here now.
Old 4th January 2010, 12:43 AM

Fka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enough

Welcome!!
Old 4th January 2010, 01:29 AM

IDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to IDNer

Welcome on board -
Old 4th January 2010, 01:41 AM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Hello from australia

Hello spacey,

Welcome to the forums.

Quote:
although with so many extensions and gtld's coming i do wonder if the concept of domaining will be so diluted they will become like second hand cars
Those extensions will become second hand cars. Unless all businesses just up and jump to another extension from the one they've spent millions to brand. .Com/.Net/.CCTLD will always be the safest bet.

Cheers.
Old 4th January 2010, 02:32 AM

DomainDialect is an unknown quantity at this point

G'day, spacey. Welcome
Old 4th January 2010, 02:35 AM

seamo is an unknown quantity at this point

Gday spacey...and welcome from another Aussie :D
Old 4th January 2010, 02:51 AM

sbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enough

Welcome to idnf.

It is nice to see more Aussies joining.

XXXX is one of my favorite beers.

Fair warning.

The dry humor of many of the pommies here deserves some
'fair dinkum' and counter clockwise loo water offsetting.

At least as with us economically incompetant Yanks, you can now be somewhat proud to join the litany of moronic non-UK residents and to endure the slings and arrows of being referred to as:

pillocks, spongles, nonces, knob heads, numpties, tossers, divs, mingers, sods, scrubbers, gits, and berks.

When irritated by these lovers of the Beeb, billiards, and bangers, just post a jpeg of a 'white pointer' from Bondi Beach or Surfers to let them know what a proper oceanside outing looks like.

best regards,

Steve

( lucky to have had the US Navy take me to Oz a dozen times or so during the 80's and only unlucky to have had my nose broken there during an RAN /USN rugby match during the week end of a F1 race in Adelaide)

enjoy the archives.
Old 4th January 2010, 04:05 AM

markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough

Welcome, spacey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbe18 View Post

XXXX is one of my favorite beers.
Steve, the joke behind the XXXX brand is that Queenslanders do not know how to spell beer properly, so that they use XXXX for BEER. This indicates the importance of IDN: people have the options to use their own languages in domain names.
Old 4th January 2010, 06:13 AM

sbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enough

i have not been to Australia in 20 years...

I enjoy Barossa wines more now...
I wish I could go back in time, with my appreciation for South Oz wines .

back then, Foster's and Toohey's were considered swill in Brisbane...

and I never saw a XXXX or a Victoria Bitter in Perth/ Freemantle back then either...

I guess that would explain at the time, Swan's reputation as bird piss in 'Melbin"

I never saw Cascade beer beyond its 'map of Tazi' (grin)

the national divide on aussie rules/ rugby league/ and rugby union was quite strong.

Only Brisbane, Cairns, and Hobart were cities that I saw Steinlager from NZ served.

A Sydneysider RA Navy LT. friend of mine threatened to ditch me, if I ever ordered one in Sydney.

His line was....amongst his mates....never a banknote to support the All Blacks or sex-starved sheep thumpahs etc..

The only things that I viewed in the mid 80's as uniting the country were Vegimite, fascination with Ian 'Beefy' Botham bowling and cavorting, and collective inebriation from crib to hospice on Melbourne Cup day.

New Orleans can't hold a candle to Cup day IMHO.

Botham getting Sir, should be encouraging for Tiger Woods that time heals
national obsessions on sexual indiscretions even in the UK.

The country took for granted beating the English and losing to the West Indies in cricket.

Until then, I thought Canadian territorial beer loyalty was extreme.
I was mistaken.

s/
Old 4th January 2010, 06:25 AM

Thanks guys for a warm welcome , well the world of idn's sure does bring the world together , i am pleased to say i have already grabbed a name here from dnnames , and surprise he is only about 15-20 kms away ( i am in melbourne)

i did read somewhere , maybe here, that the japanese domain industry is still to take off , so i have grabbed just a few idn.jp , with a hand reg of electric bicycles .jp today , i have about 6 domains parked at sedo and i cant wait to get a click ??

If anyone wants to know good aussie forum for .com.au and the best sales place feel free to send me a pm , although i am happy with my fill of aussie names , i think still good opportunities but the market by population is small and the transfer fees and need for an abn restrict it.

So time to consider idn's

Regards to all and good luck
Old 4th January 2010, 06:39 AM

markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough

Spacey,
The biggest Japanese idn transaction so far was happened in oz.
See: http://www.nsxa.com.au/ftp/news/021719735.PDF
Old 4th January 2010, 11:07 AM

Clotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enough

Hi Spacey and Welcome!
Old 4th January 2010, 11:17 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by markits View Post
Welcome, spacey!

Steve, the joke behind the XXXX brand is that Queenslanders do not know how to spell beer properly, so that they use XXXX for BEER. This indicates the importance of IDN: people have the options to use their own languages in domain names.
Being a big disciple of Czech Beer, I would have to say they haven't got much idea how to brew it either, but it does seem to satisfy a rather undiscerning Pommy palate.
Old 4th January 2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markits View Post
Spacey,
The biggest Japanese idn transaction so far was happened in oz.
See: http://www.nsxa.com.au/ftp/news/021719735.PDF
Well that's a surprise ! , very cool
Old 6th January 2010, 12:07 AM

Muhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enough

Welcome to IDNF Spacey, just made yourself a favor by riding the IDN ship
Old 6th January 2010, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Mustafa View Post
Welcome to IDNF Spacey, just made yourself a favor by riding the IDN ship

yep , seems a good place , cheers !
Old 6th January 2010, 05:00 AM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

XXXX - Australian for "Beer".

Why wasn't Jesus born in Australia?

Couldn't find 3 wise men, or a virgin.

Thanks you, thank you,

I'll be here all night.
Old 6th January 2010, 06:33 AM

Clotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enough

Q) Why did God invent Whiskey?

A) So the Irish wouldn't take over the world.