IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > 日本語ドメイン

日本語ドメイン Discussion for Japan IDN Domain names. Japanese IDNs are available in .com .net & .jp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th January 2010, 11:35 PM

spacey is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How does it work ..japanese type ins

they are not mainstream yet (in australia) , that's why i hope they do take off , i am not saying they will replace anything , i am saying it adds another dimension to the usual print ads , yes i am aware that google is promoting them , microsoft are trying their own codes i believe , as someone who owns domains with the term 'qr' .....of course i hope they take off , in my blog site worldne.ws there is a video of a building in japan with qr codes all over it
Old 18th January 2010, 11:41 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacey View Post
they are not mainstream yet (in australia) , that's why i hope they do take off , i am not saying they will replace anything , i am saying it adds another dimension to the usual print ads , yes i am aware that google is promoting them , microsoft are trying their own codes i believe , as someone who owns domains with the term 'qr' .....of course i hope they take off , in my blog site worldne.ws there is a video of a building in japan with qr codes all over it
And that has to do with the Japanese language, domains, and type-ins how? Congrats for still registering Ascii. We are moving on here.

Last edited by sarcle; 18th January 2010 at 11:43 PM..
Old 19th January 2010, 12:13 AM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

Quote:
I would suggest studying alot of the posts in 2005. You will find a wealth of information.. So far it seems that your knowledge in IDNs is nil. Instead of seeming like a professional domainer you seem like a newbie. ;-)

QR codes are VERY popular in Japan. Hopefully with Japanese domains taking off QR codes will be less important.

Remember the Cue Cat at Radio shack? It was a scanner that read barcodes that would take you to websites. Why would you want to carry that bulky ugly looking thing when you can just go to the easily accessible website.

It is similar to QR codes. However the camera phones read them there. Japanese people should benefit greatly from these native language domains.
Old 19th January 2010, 12:17 AM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNCowboy View Post
Remember the Cue Cat at Radio shack?
I have a bag full of them. Unopened. lol. How much are these relics going for on Ebay?
Old 19th January 2010, 12:37 AM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle View Post
I have a bag full of them. Unopened. lol. How much are these relics going for on Ebay?
Tons and only one has two bids on it.

Thats all Folks ;-)

R.I.P. cuecat barcode readers in the U.S. - We remember the domain names..

QR codes should become less popular once japanese urls go mainstream. We'll see ;-). It will become the "In" thing with japanese youth.

Last edited by IDNCowboy; 19th January 2010 at 12:45 AM..
Old 19th January 2010, 12:42 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
1. This thing is not solving a problem.

I've racked my brain, and I've tried to figure out why I would want their cat chasin' my mouse around the desk. I came up with two "problems" that it solves:

1) typing URLs is hard. As if. Going to the Altoids web site is not a hard problem that I need solved. We're talking 7 characters to type, here.
2) magazines can't prove to advertisers that people actually look at their ads and go to the URLs mentioned in the ad.
http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articl...000000037.html

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 19th January 2010 at 12:55 AM..
Old 19th January 2010, 01:56 AM

Clotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enough

Go easy on Spacey. He has already admitted that he is new. If we answer his questions well then maybe they will be asked only once.

Although QR codes are still prevalent in Japan some feel that they are in decline there, as per this article: Where have all the QR codes gone?
Old 19th January 2010, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clotho View Post
If we answer his questions well then maybe they will be asked only once.
Correct. I speak, read, and type American but I have no idea what English is.

This thread might as well been titled, "Does the Asian people from the eastern land of Japan understand Japanese?"

Although, it did bring out some good conversation and information. I just don't understand how someone can be that lost. Just trying to save people a few dinero before they dive in head first.

You've provided some awesome insight Clotho and are a great asset to this forum. I just hope a few lurkers take notice.
Old 19th January 2010, 03:30 AM

Quote:

This thread might as well been titled, "Does the Asian people from the eastern land of Japan understand Japanese?"

Although, it did bring out some good conversation and information. I just don't understand how someone can be that lost. Just trying to save people a few dinero before they dive in head first.

You've provided some awesome insight Clotho and are a great asset to this forum. I just hope a few lurkers take notice.

Dude if you cant understand the context of which the question was intended , that's not my problem, AmyCheng answered it in the context of what of was trying to ask and few others understood that i was meaning i was amazed that they can only because of what i see coming out of the schools these days , but you seem to want make it about something else ?

Unsure why your attitiude is the way it is , and if i wish to mention qr codes in a thread i started ,,,,,,, i will , you do have the option of not reading or participating in this thread , so stop giving me your unwanted rants
Old 19th January 2010, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Dude
Shh.... Do yourself a huge investment favor.

Go back to page 2 where Alpha posted all those Japanese "symbols" and find a couple you like. Go to http://jp-domains.com. Register a couple of those. Then go back a read the archives. Once you get up to speed you should be in an okay position.

Cheers...
Old 19th January 2010, 04:01 AM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

People may come across as a little harsh but essentially the advice given is sound. Reading the old stuff will also give you an idea of how uninformed most of us where back in the day ..
Old 19th January 2010, 04:09 AM

harsh and just plain rude are 2 different things i had enough yesterday , sadly today has only confirmed things for me , i hope you guys are not quite so rude to the next idn new member who asks some questions , me i got a few domains from what appear to be trusted members and i am happy at that , but in regards to discussions i will leave you with it. Regards
Old 19th January 2010, 04:32 AM

Clotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Thank you for the compliment Sarcle but this forum is chock full of great people including yourself. Besides, I don't want to get a big head. I am in fear of losing what little fashion sense I already possess. If I wake up one morning and have the sudden urge to go out and buy a Hawaiian shirt I'm going to blame you.:o

Spacey, I told you that you were going to have to grow a bit thicker skin. I'm sorry but this is how it usually works in any industry. Have you ever been the new guy at work and had the foreman tell you to go grab a bucket of 'propwash'. or how about the time that the journeyman mechanic asked you to hand him the 'metric johnson rod'? Here is a good article about it: Hazing: uncovering one of the best-kept secrets of the workplace

Your the new guy. Getting picked on a bit is the right of passage. It is the price you pay for being educated on an extremely lucrative opportunity. Nothing worth having ever comes without cost.
Old 19th January 2010, 05:25 AM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Can you go across to the hardware store for me please. I need 4 packets of rivets and a long weight.
Old 19th January 2010, 06:05 AM

Quote:
me i got a few domains from what appear to be trusted members and i am happy at that , but in regards to discussions i will leave you with it. Regards
list the members ;P
They probably unloaded their names

Get some harsher skin... RD has tried banging us in the head each day about how much the U.S. blows. :P I wish there was a politics forum so I could filter it out but there isn't.. Just skim over the posts you don't like.

Last edited by IDNCowboy; 19th January 2010 at 06:07 AM..
Old 19th January 2010, 08:12 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enough

Orientation can be tricky when you have your head up your arse.

Personally, I feel sorry for the followers of his Blog.

Quote:

Old 19th January 2010, 08:31 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
harsh and just plain rude are 2 different things i had enough yesterday , sadly today has only confirmed things for me , i hope you guys are not quite so rude to the next idn new member who asks some questions , me i got a few domains from what appear to be trusted members and i am happy at that , but in regards to discussions i will leave you with it. Regards
I bet nearly everyone on this forum has either left temporarily or felt like leaving .... its just the way we are. And we all seem to come back. Guess no-one else will have us....

Btw, advising us "we need to chill out" isn't the most persuasive way to go about winning us over ;-)
Old 19th January 2010, 02:27 PM

No reason to get butthurt. We were just having some fun. Seriously, go back and read some of our first posts. I know I was lost. If RD and a few others hadn't hit me over the head a few times I would have never found my way. (I'm still lost at times.)

You'll find unlike other forums while we joke at the other's expense the wealth of information we share and that's in the archives makes up for the embarrassing parts. And trust me I've had lots of them.

At the end of the day you'll see we all have one thing in common. Our drive for all things IDN and the desire to help those that want to be helped. We just aren't going to hand you the keys. You have to find those on your own. But we'll give you a flashlight if you need one.

Cheers.
Old 19th January 2010, 04:38 PM

andre is an unknown quantity at this pointandre is an unknown quantity at this pointandre is an unknown quantity at this pointandre is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast View Post
Japanese type in symbols easily.

Type in the word for phone, press space, and you get ☎.

Many more symbols can be accessed with the Japanese input method.
Thank you for that info. I have been writing Japanese on my Mac for years and have never noticed that for some words that an associated symbol is available in the candidate window. I have experimented and have, so far, found:

あめ=Rain: type あめ to get ☂ (romaji form of あめ is ame)
ゆき=Snow: type ゆき to get ☃ (romaji form of ゆき is yuki)
くも=Cloud: type くも to get ☁ (romaji form of くみ is kumo)
ほし=Star: type ほし to get ★ (romaji form of ほし is hoshi)

André 小山 Schappo
http://拉夫堡學生會.cn/
Old 19th January 2010, 04:57 PM

markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Hi spacey,

People here are eager to share what they know. I would consider this (such a long thread) as an honour to a new member. Anyway, you opened up a interesting topic, which attracted many discussions.

Thanks and Cheers

Last edited by markits; 19th January 2010 at 04:59 PM..