IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th February 2010, 10:45 PM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough
.cn - more problems?

Just received this:

"The CN registry is requiring additional information about your domain registration

Dear .CN domain holder,
Important:The .CN registry, CNNIC, has implemented a new policy requiring additional information about domain registrations. All current .CN domain holders must submit documents according to the requirements below or they will lose their domain name(s).

CNNIC must receive this form before Feb 15, 2010.

Instructions to prevent deletion of your cn domain: xxxxxxx.cn

1. Please submit the required documents via Email (reaudit@cnnic.cn) or Fax (86-10-58812666-2)
2. The auditing by CNNIC will be completed within 3 working days.
3. In the auditing period, the status of the domain name to be applied will be UN-PASS, and cannot be resolved.
4. For any application, all application form with business seal or signature, photocopy of the business license, and photocopy of personal ID are required.
5. Business license means the official document of the company or organization (such as company registration/organization registration).
6. Personal ID means passport, driver’s license, resident’s ID or etc.
7. If the registrant party does not have a company stamp or business seal, a signature is OK.
8. Any application is regarded as individual and all materials are required for each registration.
9. The application form should be filled out in English or Chinese. For business license and personal ID in other languages (rather than Chinese and English), registrants need to provide certified translation document and submit for auditing with other application materials together.
10. Some instruction for filling in the application form:
* All information is required to be accurate and completely filled in.
* The registrant name is the contact people’s name, if filling in company name here will be regarded as unqualified.
* The registrant and organization names on the application form must be totally consistent to the names on the photocopies of personal ID and business license.
* If the registrant and organization names on the photocopies of personal ID and business license a re in other languages, rather than Chinese or English, the names on the form (and other related information) must be totally consistent to the names on the certified translation document.
* Please keep the consistence between registrar name in the application form with the name in CNNIC system
* Application form is required to submit with business seal or signature.

Requirements about personal ID:
* The name on personal ID should be consistent to name on application form and the name in registration system.
* Please provide the photocopy of both sides of personal ID.

Requirements about business ID:
* The license should be within the period of validity.
* Already passed the annual authentication

The following form must be completed and emailed to reaudit@cnnic.cn or Faxed to: +86 10-58812666-2 "

I have not received anything from other places (yet) where I have .cn registered, this is my only .cn name at enom.com
Old 9th February 2010, 11:46 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy
Re: .cn - more problems?

Might have just taken ENOM a bit of time to "wake up" and doesn't know it applies to current regs..
Old 10th February 2010, 12:15 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNCowboy View Post
Might have just taken ENOM a bit of time to "wake up" and doesn't know it applies to current regs..
I thought it did not apply to current/exisitng regs, only new registrations?

Anyway, emailed cnnic for clarification as it may well be that enom have their knickers in a twist.
Old 10th February 2010, 12:22 AM

chineseidn is an unknown quantity at this point

Just received this form Dynadot

Quote:
Hello,

CNNIC is now requiring Registrant documents for .CN domains registered to Chinese citizens.

http://cnnic.cn/html/Dir/2009/12/12/5750.htm

Please fill out the attached form and return it us with the required documentation as soon as possible.

In addition to the attached form, CNNIC requires the following:

A photocopy of the business license. Â Business license means the official document of the business, company or organization (such as company or organization registration).

A photocopy of the applicant’s personal ID.  Acceptable personal ID may include copies of a driver’s license, passport, resident card/ID
I imagine this will be the first wave after which they will start with the foreign owned domains.

Dynadot doesn't give an exact time when info has to be provided although mention as soon as possible/

Funny thing (cynical) is that Chinese New Year starts this weekend so not sure how that will work out with all those audits
Old 10th February 2010, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chineseidn View Post
Just received this form Dynadot

I imagine this will be the first wave after which they will start with the foreign owned domains.

Dynadot doesn't give an exact time when info has to be provided although mention as soon as possible/

Funny thing (cynical) is that Chinese New Year starts this weekend so not sure how that will work out with all those audits

The link refers to the original back in December where only new regs required biz license etc. I did not see any reference to Chinese citizens as opposed to foreign?

Hopefully the foreign registrars have got it wrong.
Old 10th February 2010, 01:02 AM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

All your .CN are belong to us!
Old 10th February 2010, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle View Post
All your .CN are belong to us!
Whomightyoubee :p
Old 12th February 2010, 02:45 AM

dotworx is an unknown quantity at this point

cnnic is a joke....

imagine millions of submissions go into reaudit@cnnic.cn or fax to +86 10-58812666-2. how much paper do they need for the fax machine? are they seriously going to review all the submission? i doubt it.. LOL...

i wouldn't give a damn about the email!
Old 12th February 2010, 07:45 AM

chineseidn is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure if they will review all submissions although on the other hand it wouldn't surprise me as they apparently hired 600 new people to do just this

http://www.pcworld.com/article/18908...web_rules.html

Today consists of getting all forms, business licenses etc ready for the CNNIC friends and I know I'm not the only one doing that today as friends are busy with that as well.

From what I understand the registrars collect all scans of the documentation and will forward it.

I love the timing though, just for Chinese NY.
Old 12th February 2010, 09:17 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

If they confiscate my two remaining dot CN they will make me so much money that I am quite looking forward to it. :D