IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th February 2010, 02:45 PM

alexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enough
Domainsite - Create a New Username - Anyone else have this ??

Just signed into my Domainsite account to prepare this months transfer of domains over to Dynadot. Signed into my account, then reached a page telling me to create a new username as there was a problem moving my old one over when they updated the domainsite website. Message on screen is as follows...

"Welcome back to your account. When we made the recent upgrade to Domainsite.com we had a small problem adding your username to our new system. This won't affect any of the domains in your account. It only affects your username. We anticipated this might happen to a small number of our customers, so we've attempted to make the fix as easy as possible.

On this page you will need to create a new username for your account. Once you've changed your username just click on the 'Account' button at the top of the page and you can continue managing your domains.

Please enter a new username in the field below and click on "Change Username". (Our system will let you know if you are trying to create a username that conflicts with another account.)

We apologize for any inconvenience this step may have caused. We think you will find that the benefits of our new control panel and our new domain search tools are worth it."

Am I one of the unlucky ones who got affected by this, or did it happen to many others ??I find it weird that they can successfully transfer everything over to a new system, but have a problem with my username.

I'm going to try and enter my existing username as my new one and see what happens.

I'm just glad that I should have most of my domains out of Domainsite by April or so.

Alex

*** EDIT: Just tried to enter my existing username as my new one, but it wouldnt let me - telling me it was already in existance. !! What I also find strange is that it recognised my original username when I intially signed in - where it showed me the page about the usernames having a problem. Not a big deal really, as with their current prices, I have no desire to hold or renew any domains I have with them. ***

Last edited by alexd; 12th February 2010 at 02:48 PM..
Old 12th February 2010, 02:51 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive
Re: Domainsite - Create a New Username - Anyone else have this ??

Same here.

Also, now I get multiple emails saying the domains I transferred out have expired and this is my "last chance" to renew them.

It's been fun Domainsite, but you lost focus.
Old 12th February 2010, 02:55 PM

alexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefabfive View Post
Also, now I get multiple emails saying the domains I transferred out have expired and this is my "last chance" to renew them.
I get those everytime I have completed a bulk transfer of domains over to Dynadot. I think it was a glitch in the Domainsite system, where domains that had been transfered still appeared in your account there, and email reminders were constantly sent out.

Alex

Old 12th February 2010, 04:15 PM

Silhouette is an unknown quantity at this point

Most likely it is because you are having the same username at DS's sister site eg. Name.com.

Just give it a new username
Old 12th February 2010, 07:22 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Ah, so they've merged databases between name.com and domainsite.com
Old 12th February 2010, 09:19 PM

sprewellpj is an unknown quantity at this pointsprewellpj is an unknown quantity at this pointsprewellpj is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert View Post
Ah, so they've merged databases between name.com and domainsite.com
I heard this was coming.