IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain For Sale

IDN Domain For Sale Want to sell your international domain names? Post them here. Please proceed with caution on all sales, do your own translation, & use an escrow service. IDN Forums does not check the validity of any sales posted by users. Please only post Domains with at least minimum prices for offers in this Forum. If you don't know how much you want do an appraisal first. Domains without min price will be placed in dumpster thread. Users may also buy a sticky for their topic at $10 per day for up to 7 days.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st May 2006, 08:18 PM

domainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished road
22 of the "23 Special Tokyo Wards" .coms for sale

Hello,

I have for sale 22 of the "23 special wards in Tokyo" (the nijūsanku) domains. Read about these one-of-a-kind wards here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/23_special_wards. The only one that I do not have is Tokyo-to Minato-ku.

I would like to sell all 22 as a set, although I would consider selling individual domains if a compelling offer came along.

I have included the IDN name, translation, Japanese OVT stats and Japanese Google results (measured correctly with the term in "") below. I used this site: http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/cgi-bin/wwwjdic.cgi?9U to do the translations. My native language is English; however, I believe these terms to be the correct ones for the Wards; and I believe the OVT and Google stats back that up.

BIN for these domains as a set is $25,000. All offers will be given consideration; I am open to discussion. Please PM me or email me at domainstosell@hotmail.com with questions or offers. Thanks for looking!

This is posted on another forum, in the case of a BIN offer, first to post takes the sale.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
東京都足立区.com - Tokyo-to Adachi-ku (Tokyo Metropolitan Area Adachiku)
Japanese OVT: 76,165; Japanese Google: 1,440,000

東京都荒川区.com - Tokyo-to Arakawa-ku (Tokyo Metropolitan Area Arakawaku)
Japanese OVT: 34,332; Japanese Google: 700,000

東京都文京区.com - Tokyo-to Bunkyō-ku (Tokyo Metropolitan Area Bunkyōku)
Japanese OVT: 84,594; Japanese Google: 1,820,000

東京都千代田区.com - Tokyo-to Chiyoda-ku (Tokyo Metropolitan Area Chiyodaku)
Japanese OVT: 269,965; Japanese Google: 6,680,000

東京都中央区.com - Tokyo-to Chūō-ku (Tokyo Metropolitan Area Chūōku)
Japanese OVT: 145,970; Japanese Google: 3,740,000

東京都江戸川区.com - Tokyo-to Edogawa-ku (Tokyo Metropolitan Area Edogawaku)
Japanese OVT: 86,086; Japanese Google: 1,320,000

東京都板橋区.com - Tokyo-to Itabashi-ku (Tokyo Metropolitan Area Itabashiku)
Japanese OVT: 69,944; Japanese Google: 1,340,000

東京都葛飾区.com - Tokyo-to Katsushika-ku (Tokyo Metropolitan Area Katsushikaku) Japanese OVT: 61,330; Japanese Google: 965,000

東京都北区.com - Tokyo-to Kita-ku (Tokyo Metropolitan Area Kitaku)
Japanese OVT: 56,063; Japanese Google: 1,190,000

東京都江東区.com - Tokyo-to Kōtō-ku (Tokyo Metropolitan Area Kōtōku)
Japanese OVT: 157,410; Japanese Google: 1,910,000

東京都目黒区.com - Tokyo-to Meguro-ku (Tokyo Metropolitan Area Meguroku)
Japanese OVT: 61,470; Japanese Google: 2,940,000

東京都中野区.com - Tokyo-to Nakano-ku (Tokyo Metropolitan Area Nakanoku)
Japanese OVT: 49,670; Japanese Google: 2,180,000

東京都練馬区.com - Tokyo-to Nerima-ku (Tokyo Metropolitan Area Nerimaku)
Japanese OVT: 78,678; Japanese Google: 1,510,000

東京都大田区.com - Tokyo-to Ōta-ku (Tokyo Metropolitan Area Ōtaku)
Japanese OVT: 154,414; Japanese Google: 2,460,000

東京都世田谷区.com - Tokyo-to Setagaya-ku (Tokyo Metropolitan Area Setagayaku)
Japanese OVT: 142,739; Japanese Google: 1,600,000

東京都渋谷区.com - Tokyo-to Shibuya-ku (Tokyo Metropolitan Area Shibuyaku)
Japanese OVT: 152,375; Japanese Google: 3,680,000

東京都品川区.com - Tokyo-to Shinagawa-ku (Tokyo Metropolitan Area Shinagawaku) Japanese OVT: 102,432; Japanese Google: 1,640,000

東京都新宿区.com - Tokyo-to Shinjuku-ku (Tokyo Metropolitan Area Shinjukuku)
Japanese OVT: 182,195; Japanese Google: 3,730,000

東京都杉並区.com - Tokyo-to Suginami-ku (Tokyo Metropolitan Area Suginamiku)
Japanese OVT: 79,125; Japanese Google: 2,040,000

東京都墨田区.com - Tokyo-to Sumida-ku (Tokyo Metropolitan Area Sumidaku)
Japanese OVT: 51,675; Japanese Google: 1,280,000

東京都豊島区.com - Tokyo-to Toshima-ku (Tokyo Metropolitan Area Toshimaku)
Japanese OVT: 68,024; Japanese Google: 2,020,000

東京都台東区.com - Tokyo-to Taitō-ku (Tokyo Metropolitan Area Taitōku)
Japanese OVT: 81,309; Japanese Google: 1,880,000

Last edited by domainstosell; 1st May 2006 at 09:19 PM..
Old 1st May 2006, 09:12 PM

Edwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished road
Re: 22 of the "23 Special Tokyo Wards" .coms for sale

For people who can't read Japanese so readily, it's important to note that each of the domains posted above starts with "Tokyo-to" i.e. "Tokyo-to Adachi-ku" not "Adachi-ku" etc.
Old 1st May 2006, 09:16 PM

domainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin
For people who can't read Japanese so readily, it's important to note that each of the domains posted above starts with "Tokyo-to" i.e. "Tokyo-to Adachi-ku" not "Adachi-ku" etc.
Thank you Edwin, I wasn't 100% sure how to properly list that, which is why I added the paragraphed translations of (Tokyo Metropolitan Area XXXX).

Thanks for the info, I'll edit for proper translation so there is no confusion.
Old 3rd May 2006, 02:55 PM

BIN Reduced to $20,000

The OVT scores show that these are the terms people are searching for.

This is your chance to own 22 Japanese "cities" (they are technically wards, but they function as cities) for less than $1,000 each! These are the wards that make up Tokyo, and include some of the most well-known areas in Japan.

The total population of the wards was close to 8.5 million in Oct. 2005. This is two-thirds of the population of Tokyo!

Post SOLD to claim.

I'm also open to offers, please PM me or email me at domainstosell@hotmail.com

All offers will be given due consideration.

Thank you for lookng!

Last edited by domainstosell; 4th May 2006 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 4th May 2006, 03:03 PM

The combined OVT for these geographic domains is 2,184,635
Combined Google results = 48,065,000

BIN reduced to $16,500
(That's an average of only $750 per ward!)

Post SOLD to claim.

I'm also open to offers, please PM me or email me at domainstosell@hotmail.com

All offers will be given due consideration.

Thank you for lookng!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast
There's no need to bump your sales thread too often. Please...
Sorry, I only bumped when I changed the BIN...

Last edited by domainstosell; 4th May 2006 at 03:24 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 8th May 2006, 10:15 PM

For 48 hours only, I am reducing the BIN on these city-name domains.

The BIN for all 22 as a set will be $10,000.
(Less than $500 each for 22 of the 23 Tokyo Special Wards)

This will be for the next 48 hours only. I will also consider offers as usual (post, PM or email). After that, the domains will still be for sale, but the price will revert to the last-posted BIN of $16,500 (I am doing this because I need to raise some cash fast... I hate to part with these at less than $500 per domain, as I have seen city names go for much higher, and I believe the value will greatly, greatly increase).

The google.co.jp returns for these city names continue to grow, and the Japanese OVT returns show that these are the proper way that people search for cities.

{Consider Chiyoda: 5969 JP OVT for "千代田" (Chiyoda); 17,174 JP OVT for "千代田区" (Chiyoda-ku); 269,965 JP OVT for "東京都千代田区" (Tokyo-to Chiyoda-ku)}

Again, the combined OVT for these is 2,184,635, and the combined google.co.jp reults are now more than 48,065,000 (I will give a better update later when I get a chance).

If you have interest in these domains and have a serious offer in mind, or have questions regarding possible deals, I would love to hear from you via PM or email at domainstosell@hotmail.com.

Again, this is a 48-hour fire sale as I am in need of quick cash. After 48 hours the BIN goes back up.

Thank you!
Old 8th May 2006, 10:23 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

I know this is not an appraisal thread, but I couldn't help noticing that the .net and .jp are available... that's unusual for premium names.
Old 8th May 2006, 10:28 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamales
I know this is not an appraisal thread, but I couldn't help noticing that the .net and .jp are available... that's unusual for premium names.
Not exactly..... you'd be surprised how many premium .jp's are left
Old 8th May 2006, 10:56 PM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

I took the .nets of the 2 biggest
Old 8th May 2006, 10:58 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Expert advice tells me that these aren't so hot.
Old 8th May 2006, 11:00 PM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Expert or Native ?... because 269,965 JP OVT for "東京都千代田区 is not like people arent looking for it
Old 8th May 2006, 11:01 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegenius1
Expert or Native ?... because 269,965 JP OVT for "東京都千代田区 is not like people arent looking for it
Native.
Old 8th May 2006, 11:13 PM

Quote:

Since this seems to have turned into an appraisal thread anyway, would you care to expand on that?
Old 9th May 2006, 12:25 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainstosell
Since this seems to have turned into an appraisal thread anyway, would you care to expand on that?
Nice job being an open minded seller willing to hear all sides and comments. This is commendable and a hallmark of IDNF sales and listings.
Old 9th May 2006, 12:42 AM
Veteran

These domains are undoubtedly good for SEO. At the same time, we've previously explored this issue in detail when discussing Japanese city names. Should the -shi and -ku be included in domain names. My Japanese friend says no, they should not be, because it is obvious that the city is Tokyo, and the only place that you would put Tokyo-to would be in an address. However, OVT results show that for some of these, searches are indeed high. But, like Olney said, don't rely on OVT only to made a great domain name. In names in general in Japan, the trend is towards more sparce use of words. So, you have great OVT hit generating domains that some wouldn't consider to be so greatly worded domain names for say a website about Chou, Tokyo. I asked another Japanese what his opinion was on this and he told me to register all variants, just in case.

Working example http://www.tokyochuo.net/ rather than http://tokyotochuoku.net/

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 9th May 2006 at 12:52 AM..
Old 9th May 2006, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
Nice job being an open minded seller willing to hear all sides and comments. This is commendable and a hallmark of IDNF sales and listings.
Thank you, I appreciate that. I just want to make sure that any potential buyer has multiple viewpoints of what they are getting, and I am interested to hear the comments.

I will say, however, that I believe that the prices that I set are in-line with past IDN sales based on OVT scores, potential and type of domain.

But all in all, I am definitely interested in blastfromthepast's comments, and I think an open discussion can almost always help in these cases.

Thanks for the comment!

I initially finished this post before I read blast's comments, and I want to thank him for his viewpoint as well!

Last edited by domainstosell; 9th May 2006 at 12:52 AM..
Old 9th May 2006, 12:56 AM
Veteran

Thumbs up Re: 22 of the "23 Special Tokyo Wards" .coms for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainstosell
I initially finished this post before I read blast's comments, and I want to thank him for his viewpoint as well!
Good luck on the sale, since I own some of these in both .com and .jp I am looking forward to seeing yours sell for as much as possible.
Old 9th May 2006, 02:10 AM

Quote:
T Should the -shi and -ku be included in domain names. My Japanese friend says no, they should not be, because it is obvious that the city is Tokyo, and the only place that you would put Tokyo-to would be in an address.

My japanese friend tells me he would prefer tying it in withought the "Shi" but they are both the same in his book , and as we all know shorter is always better when it comes to domains , but what does youre friends have to say about "ken" Perfecture ... Does this apply to that too ? I havent got around to asking my guy yet
Old 9th May 2006, 02:19 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

It's amazing how large the OVTs are for wards, bigger than searches for even "Tokyo" itself, also an indication of how popular wards are in Japan.

However, domains are still domains - they are used for building websites.

1. What kind of website can i build with a 東京都千代田区.com or Tokyo-To-Chiyoda-Ku.com?

2. Are there similar websites for wards in Japanese?

3. As Alphamale mentioned, the .net is available (costs $7), while the .com costs $750.

The seller needs to address many questions before people will consider buying, at the moment everyone is just curious about the OVTs and the price.

Last edited by touchring; 9th May 2006 at 02:35 AM..
Old 9th May 2006, 02:44 AM

"It's amazing how large the OVTs are for wards, bigger than searches for even "Tokyo" itself, also an indication of how popular wards are in Japan."

That should speak volumes ...... even though i'am a firm believer that overture is not everything, but these overtures are not micro

However, domains are still domains - they are used for building websites.

"1. What kind of website can i build with a 東京都千代田区.com or Tokyo-To-Chiyoda-Ku.com?"

With over a Quarter Million searches you can make a good website with it im sure, I could pose this question with many things when all in all thats not what is on sale , if that was the case everbodies sales threads would have to include Development plans , thats like saying i have 300 hundred thousand people walking up and down my block all day what type of store or service should i open at my " House " ... the potential patrons are there

"3. As Alphamale mentioned, the .net is available (costs $7), while the .com costs $750."

There are alot of nets available where the owner of the .com would command a high amount

Where is IDNCEO ? we need a Japanese Domainer to comment on this , any Japanese Natives Present? please speak up !

Last edited by thegenius1; 9th May 2006 at 02:51 AM..