IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain For Sale

IDN Domain For Sale Want to sell your international domain names? Post them here. Please proceed with caution on all sales, do your own translation, & use an escrow service. IDN Forums does not check the validity of any sales posted by users. Please only post Domains with at least minimum prices for offers in this Forum. If you don't know how much you want do an appraisal first. Domains without min price will be placed in dumpster thread. Users may also buy a sticky for their topic at $10 per day for up to 7 days.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd May 2006, 04:48 AM

Lmg67 is an unknown quantity at this point
WITHDRAWN AND CONFUSED. Any Persian speakers?

Name withdrawn.

But I don't get it. Any Persian speakers here?

This is the name I bought that I cut and paste from an Arabic website:

Persian.com and .net in the Persian language.
XN--MGBUG7C1B.COM (فارسى.com) and .net

this is the more correct version of the name, different puny code but it looks EXACTLY THE SAME as what I bought!!!

xn--mgbug7c06b.com (فارسی.com)

I honestly don't see the difference between the two so I don't understand how mine got a different Puny code than the other one. Does anyone else understand this??

Last edited by Lmg67; 2nd May 2006 at 06:50 AM..
Old 2nd May 2006, 05:53 AM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough
Re: Persian.com/.net in Persian: فارسى.com/.net

Hi Lmg67,

You need to specify some kind of price for your names, even if its $xxx to $xxxx
Old 2nd May 2006, 06:51 AM

oh didn't know that. no problem. thanks for letting me know.
Old 2nd May 2006, 07:16 AM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

I dont know much about it but I have take both punycodes and generated them to get 2 words, took a snap shot of them both, blew them up hundreds of times, overlaid them, one on top of the other and there is absolutley no difference whatsoever.
g will be along at some point and maybe he can let you know what its all about.....
Im stumped...
Old 2nd May 2006, 07:36 AM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni

Wow! Weird. There's something there we can't see for sure.

g, you around?
Old 2nd May 2006, 07:46 AM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

They are different, but you can't see the difference in that font.

Try this:

copy both scripts and paste them into MS word. if you have a font in word that is for example Times New Roman, you will see the difference
Old 2nd May 2006, 07:51 AM

There is no visible difference at huge magnification in several different fonts.
Try it in MS word with any font, then Ctrl and scroll to blow it up.........
Old 2nd May 2006, 08:05 AM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point

The difference is at the first (or last) letter.

ى

ی

They have different Puny Code.

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@
Old 2nd May 2006, 01:09 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive

This probably the Arabic / Persian version of letters that look the same but are not - like the English and Cyrillic 'e' or 'o'.

Google results and Ovt should always tell the story, but it's tough knowing when results are too low for a particular word. Difficult situation.
Old 2nd May 2006, 01:47 PM

Location: Global Headquarters of the Dot Net Skepticism Alliance
idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road

As long as Google can tell the difference I am happy. 48,000,000 compared to 595,000. I registered the .net of the "correct version."
Old 2nd May 2006, 01:49 PM

dabsi is a tad dodgydabsi is a tad dodgydabsi is a tad dodgy

save some letters like p or v which are not existing in arabic, persian is using almost the same alphabet.

Iran is also a potential market; we took دانلود.com (download in persian) and it seems to run.

Ciao

DABSI
Old 2nd May 2006, 06:13 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough
Re: WITHDRAWN AND CONFUSED. Any Persian speakers?

I noticed the same issue with Indian scripts.

LOOKS the same. Different punycode. Maybe something to do with the order the characters are typed in... or the so called "ZERO WIDTH JOINER" character somewhere in there.

In anycase sometimes one variation will have more Google then the other, making it more valuable.
Old 2nd May 2006, 06:48 PM

idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road

I see these idns are now listed for sale on dnforum...
Old 2nd May 2006, 08:08 PM

no i listed them both at the same time and forgot to withdraw them on dnforum, but after reading these, what i want to understand is, is the version i registered still a valid version of Persian? or is it meaningless? maybe i don't need to withdraw them but rather explain that there are two versions and mine is the less popular one?

obvoiusly 584,000 is nothing compared to the millions of the correct version, but still there are 584,000 of mine, not 6. so while mine would clearly be worth less, the question is, is it still worth something? is it still fair for me to sell it? i also registered some great arab countries in arabic and later found out that they aren't the most popular version but they still are used, just a much lower google count.

i think persian.com is the same situation. i think it's still okay to sell them as long as i explain the difference. what do you all think?

(and, meanwhile, if anybody wants to buy my version of persian.com and .net knowing they are the less popular version, just let me know. obviously they are going cheap!)
Old 2nd May 2006, 08:32 PM

I don't see a problem at all at selling them as long as you're descriptive and not intentionally omissive.