IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th March 2010, 03:45 AM

sprewellpj is an unknown quantity at this pointsprewellpj is an unknown quantity at this pointsprewellpj is an unknown quantity at this point
Q&A with David Castello: The Future for IDNs “Looks Bright”

See below:

http://idnblog.com/2010/03/04/idnblo...terview-david/
Old 4th March 2010, 06:38 AM

alexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enough
Re: Q&A with David Castello: The Future for IDNs “Looks Bright”

Great read.

The part I found most interesting was this ...

"On the contrary, I am finding many IDN owners to be quite thin skinned and they tend to get upset and unprofessional if their reasons for investing in IDNs are challenged. In the investment world this instantly raises a major red flag and IDN owners need to relax because they’re sending out the wrong signals."

Alex

Old 4th March 2010, 08:07 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexd View Post
Great read.

"On the contrary, I am finding many IDN owners to be quite thin skinned and they tend to get upset and unprofessional if their reasons for investing in IDNs are challenged. In the investment world this instantly raises a major red flag and IDN owners need to relax because they’re sending out the wrong signals."

Alex

I think he is generalizing, not everyone bothers to hit back. Also, they are way more people buying domains then there are people back then in 1995 or 1997. Many are looking for a fast flip.

Last edited by touchring; 4th March 2010 at 08:11 AM..
Old 4th March 2010, 08:41 AM
Administrator

bramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bramiozo Send a message via Skype™ to bramiozo

He may have a point in that often I see people responding with the automatic assumption that the critic is an anglo-biased idiot, or something of that nature.

We should be more positive towards criticasters, for the simple fact that a good criticaster exposes the weak points of our little endeavour.
Old 4th March 2010, 09:49 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramiozo View Post
He may have a point in that often I see people responding with the automatic assumption that the critic is an anglo-biased idiot, or something of that nature.

We should be more positive towards criticasters, for the simple fact that a good criticaster exposes the weak points of our little endeavour.

Wot weak points. :D
Old 4th March 2010, 11:50 AM

bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexd View Post
Great read.

Alex
I didn't believe that I would ever agree with him but he is right about this. We shouldn't be vindicating ourselves.
Old 4th March 2010, 02:31 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramiozo View Post

I have no problem with this kind of comment. It is pretty balanced and rational, even if I don't necessarily agree with it all. This is a million miles from where these guys were coming from just 3 Months ago. With attitudes changing that fast, we really do not have to worry about perception.
Old 4th March 2010, 02:46 PM

tee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enough

I like the fact that IDNs are being discussed by ASCII domainers and gaining momentum. I wouldn't expect them to be as well read or knowledgeable as most of our active members. I just hope they keep researching and their interest grows in IDNs. I find the last several months to be rather refreshing in the grand scheme of things.
Old 4th March 2010, 03:17 PM

idnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee1 View Post
I just hope they keep researching and their interest grows in IDNs.
Some big players in ASCII domains are, in fact, looking more at IDNs.
Old 4th March 2010, 03:26 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnowner View Post
this is because many were burnt by .mobi and to a lesser extent .us and .eu so they decided that extensions are difficult play, and short term flip at best - very short term.
Old 4th March 2010, 03:52 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnowner View Post
What I do notice is that there is a significant dip in IDN traffic around the time of the ICANN meetings. This suggests that the source of some of the TRAFFIC is now on its way to Kenya, terrorists plots or otherwise.
Old 4th March 2010, 07:16 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
What I do notice is that there is a significant dip in IDN traffic around the time of the ICANN meetings. This suggests that the source of some of the TRAFFIC is now on its way to Kenya
Well put.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 4th March 2010 at 07:17 PM..
Old 4th March 2010, 07:35 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee man View Post
I didn't believe that I would ever agree with him but he is right about this. We shouldn't be vindicating ourselves.
It's one thing to have to put up with this on another forum. I'm pretty used to that. It's another "animal" entirely when we have to put up with it on this VERY FORUM and the admin allows it.
Old 6th March 2010, 03:09 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle View Post
It's one thing to have to put up with this on another forum. I'm pretty used to that. It's another "animal" entirely when we have to put up with it on this VERY FORUM and the admin allows it.
Is that vindicating or vilifying? Confused ....

I've long given up worrying about what big ASCII players think about us. The past is the past, the future is the future.