IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th March 2010, 07:35 AM

phio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Can you spot an IDN?

Interesting tidbits on the 'English Language' in the U.S.

http://www.watzmann.net/scg/german-by-one-vote.html
Old 15th March 2010, 08:35 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DktoInc View Post
Canada only has 1 french speaking province. You must have went to Quebec, Canada. Everyone speaks English, they just refuse to, Nationalists. That's why there are 2 official languages, English and French.
You sound like a racist to me. Why are you wanting to force everyone to speak English. So someone will eventually buy crap.com from you?
Old 15th March 2010, 08:57 AM

bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
You sound like a racist to me.
C'mmon. He didn't actually judge it and it's not a secret that the Quebec froggies ( :D ) are pretty obsessed with their language.
Old 15th March 2010, 09:41 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee man View Post
C'mmon. He didn't actually judge it and it's not a secret that the Quebec froggies ( :D ) are pretty obsessed with their language.
The idea that all French-speaking people speak "reasonable" English, whether in France or in Canada, or anyone else is just rubbish. And why should they bother?

They "refuse" to? Of course they do. They want to preserve their language and culture. That is the essence of racism. Assuming that other people should give up their identity, rather than you. Because of course, you know better.

And of course "froggies" is no better than Brits or anyone else using the word "Packies" - shame. We should avoid all racist slurs on this forum. You are German right?

Last edited by domainguru; 15th March 2010 at 09:51 AM..
Old 15th March 2010, 10:13 AM

bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
The idea that all French-speaking people speak "reasonable" English, whether in France or in Canada, or anyone else is just rubbish. And why should they bother?

They "refuse" to? Of course they do. They want to preserve their language and culture. That is the essence of racism. Assuming that other people should give up their identity, rather than you. Because of course, you know better.
I wouldn't judge anyone for speaking his own language. Nothing wrong about that. But the way the French are fighting the evil English language amuses me. They had to invent all the silly internet terms like "logiciel", "mise à jour" and "télécharger" just to avoid the English terms. And they even have a law forcing French radio stations to play French music. I think they should relax a bit. Languages are mixing up in a globalized world, but this won't destroy the native ones.

In Canada it might be a different story though because the French speaking Canadians are surrounded by English speakers.
Old 15th March 2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
And of course "froggies" is no better than Brits or anyone else using the word "Packies" - shame. We should avoid all racist slurs on this forum. You are German right?
I thought the Germans are paranoid about racism. I have friends in France and they don't mind being called froggies. And I don't mind being called a "Kraut" or something like that. I think making fun of each other is actually not that bad, because that's what you do with friends rather than strangers. But if there's someone around who feels offended I deeply apologize.
Old 17th March 2010, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee man View Post
I thought the Germans are paranoid about racism. I have friends in France and they don't mind being called froggies. And I don't mind being called a "Kraut" or something like that. I think making fun of each other is actually not that bad, because that's what you do with friends rather than strangers. But if there's someone around who feels offended I deeply apologize.
All our deeply offended French members left I think ...

Your point about "friends" is exactly right. Its ok to banter with friends over drinks using such language, but not really on public forums. The difference is very apparent.

And no, I'm not paranoid - just sensitive - I hope there is a difference..... ask people from India or Pakistan or Bangladesh in the UK what they think about being called a "Packie" .... they hate it, but they have put up with it because they feel they have to .... or traditionally they have ... hopefully this is not the case now. I've used to go to Indian (actually Bangladeshi) restaurants in the UK and the staff were given terrible abuse by the locals, all for no more reason than the locals thought they could get away with it. Which is basically the same as a public forum. Treat people how you would like to be be treated

Last edited by domainguru; 17th March 2010 at 04:18 AM..
Old 17th March 2010, 07:27 AM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
All our deeply offended French members left I think ...
Bonus!
Old 17th March 2010, 07:46 AM

DktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
You sound like a racist to me. Why are you wanting to force everyone to speak English. So someone will eventually buy crap.com from you?

Racist? me? Nop. White from waist up, black from waist down, jew on the inside, speak 5 languages fluently

Don't make jokes, they are not for you

Have a bucket, and chilax.

Last edited by DktoInc; 17th March 2010 at 07:59 AM..
Old 17th March 2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Racist? me? Nop. White from waist up, black from waist down, jew on the inside, speak 5 languages fluently

Don't make jokes, they are not for you

Have a bucket, and chilax.
Yep, I know you can beat me any day for jokes, you make one every time you post, its called your sig.

Speak 5 languages fluenty and the best IDN you can manage is CRAPSH.com .... oh dear .... one of us is not living in this world.

Last edited by domainguru; 17th March 2010 at 11:20 AM..
Old 17th March 2010, 04:33 PM

DktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Yep, I know you can beat me any day for jokes, you make one every time you post, its called your sig.

Speak 5 languages fluenty and the best IDN you can manage is CRAPSH.com .... oh dear .... one of us is not living in this world.
is that another joke? Stooooop iiiiiittttt. That is last years joke, stop plagiarizing.
Old 18th March 2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
is that another joke? Stooooop iiiiiittttt. That is last years joke, stop plagiarizing.
here's the real joke.
Attached Images
File Type: png cashout.png (8.5 KB, 15 views)
Old 18th March 2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
here's the real joke.
lol, I was hoping to see your report of your minisite with 70 million pageviews.

But thanks for the sarcasm. Let me just make some things clear so no one is confused anymore. I am not promoting cash.com, it's a signature. It's there cause i like it and it looks awesome. if it resolves or not i dont care, i am not putting minisites on it.
Old 18th March 2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
lol, I was hoping to see your report of your minisite with 70 million pageviews.

But thanks for the sarcasm. Let me just make some things clear so no one is confused anymore. I am not promoting cash.com, it's a signature. It's there cause i like it and it looks awesome. if it resolves or not i dont care, i am not putting minisites on it.
Please define minisite for the benefit of everyone here at IDNF ....
Old 18th March 2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Please define minisite for the benefit of everyone here at IDNF ....
Just for you.
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-minisite.htm
Old 19th March 2010, 02:55 AM

Clotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enough

Quote:
DktoInc. I just don't understand. The evidence is right infront of your face in Domainguru's sig. Most of us have read this report. Have you not taken the time to educate yourself on the subject you are discussing?

Calling a site with over 1400 pages a minisite is pretty silly and just makes you look foolish.

Lee and I may not see eye to eye on many things but I have to give him credit for developing this IDN and then sharing the data with the rest of us.

He did this freely and it is greatly appreciated.

What have you done for this community?
Old 19th March 2010, 03:10 AM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clotho View Post

Trolling is a 24/7 job ..
Old 19th March 2010, 03:55 AM

jason1 is an unknown quantity at this point

ohh
Old 19th March 2010, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clotho View Post
DktoInc. I just don't understand. The evidence is right infront of your face in Domainguru's sig. Most of us have read this report. Have you not taken the time to educate yourself on the subject you are discussing?

Calling a site with over 1400 pages a minisite is pretty silly and just makes you look foolish.

Lee and I may not see eye to eye on many things but I have to give him credit for developing this IDN and then sharing the data with the rest of us.

He did this freely and it is greatly appreciated.

Member of Idn community since dec, 2009. In this short period of time I can tell you that I've done very little for the community, but to do something great first one must understand the concept. My questions or comments may be harsh at times but they are not out of line. I joined this forum to fast track my knowledge about idns. All i am doing is learning so i can do something for the community. I am not here to see eye to eye with you. I am simply here to learn and to understand and state it how i see it. If my comments seem offensive, it is only done in the benefit of people opening up a little more on their knowledge. Difference of opinions is the key here. I don't need to hear insulting comments, but i take criticism well so keep it coming.
IDNs is something you've people have been doing for the last decade. I am just catching up on what I've missed.
Old 19th March 2010, 08:12 AM

Clotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Member of Idn community since dec, 2009. In this short period of time I can tell you that I've done very little for the community, but to do something great first one must understand the concept. My questions or comments may be harsh at times but they are not out of line. I joined this forum to fast track my knowledge about idns. All i am doing is learning so i can do something for the community. I am not here to see eye to eye with you. I am simply here to learn and to understand and state it how i see it. If my comments seem offensive, it is only done in the benefit of people opening up a little more on their knowledge. Difference of opinions is the key here. I don't need to hear insulting comments, but i take criticism well so keep it coming.
IDNs is something you've people have been doing for the last decade. I am just catching up on what I've missed.
Ok, You want to learn. That is great! This is certainly the right place to be if you want to learn about IDN's.

There is an old expression: You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

As you can see by some of the others comments the impression that you have made is not that you are here to learn but instead to troll or stir up argument. Arguing points isn't the most effective way to impart information. Discussion works much better. If you were to include a bit more honey in your discussions and a bit less vinegar I think you may find greater success. Now, I know that many are going to pick on you a bit because you are new and because you are obviously very passionate about your ideas. My suggestion would be to take this in stride and not give in to the urge to respond to every perceived slight. Your words and ideas will have much more impact if you don't always seem to be arguing. Before you know it you won't be the 'new guy' anymore and it will be someone else getting ribbed.

Most domainers are not willing to share hard data about our domains. Not only has Domainguru done this but he has put it together in a nice coherent package. If you want to learn, the report in his signature has some really good information in it and you will want to read it.

This thread has gotten about as far off-topic as it possibly could. In an effort to get it back on track I would like to ask Jose. If there is a domain in that picture where is it? Nobody seems to be able to see it.