IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain Appraisals

IDN Domain Appraisals Appraisals by other members on International domain names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd May 2006, 01:26 AM

burnsinternet is an unknown quantity at this point
My first .jp IDNs. Any Good?

What is a good JP Ovt number? Any suggestions?

無料アダルト.jp
(xn--cck0cya3l922zbqo.jp)
Free Adult
JP Ovt 141k

エロマンガ.jp
(xn--icki3m8b5a.jp)
Erotic Cartoon? (Ero Manga)
JP Ovt 89k

Tonight, I also found one open .jp single word (not TM) with 345k JP Ovt after searching for a decent one for months. I find terms 20k and under often. Is that considered good? What is a good JP Ovt? How does that affect resale value? I would sell in a heartbeat for a decent price.

You guys who tell us that there are plenty of good ones out there easy to find make some of us very frustrated. The price for .jp is steep for some of us.
Old 3rd May 2006, 01:48 AM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: My first .jp IDNs. Any Good?

I started buying jps more because I already had a bunch of premium coms & there are more members searching for dot com drops & such.
In my eyes the two most common extensions for IDNs will be JP & COM (JP if people just park their domains & never think about development)

I see people taking chances on the TVs but really there's still a lot left in JP.
If the single term is a commercial term it's worth registering. I'll keep saying it. Think conversions. For every OVT search how much money does that term bring in to estimate it's value. The term in general how much does that term maker per year. On the internet how necessary is that term. These are a few of the questions I ask myself when thinking about dot jps. I've gone up to about 160 so far.

You do have some good terms.
Old 3rd May 2006, 02:14 AM

burnsinternet is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. I won't be buying many .JP domains due to price. Is there any rule of thumb regarding Ovt numbers? Also, I see some huge names that are available in .cc and .tv but I have ignored them for now. I have no idea why .cc is out there. Is it like .ws - just another crazy extension?
Old 3rd May 2006, 02:29 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olney
I started buying jps more because I already had a bunch of premium coms & there are more members searching for dot com drops & such.
In my eyes the two most common extensions for IDNs will be JP & COM (JP if people just park their domains & never think about development)

I see people taking chances on the TVs but really there's still a lot left in JP.
If the single term is a commercial term it's worth registering. I'll keep saying it. Think conversions. For every OVT search how much money does that term bring in to estimate it's value. The term in general how much does that term maker per year. On the internet how necessary is that term. These are a few of the questions I ask myself when thinking about dot jps. I've gone up to about 160 so far.

You do have some good terms.
Does .jp get traffic? ? ? I'm sure you got a lot of terms for both .com, and .jp, you can compare the traffic situation easily.
Old 3rd May 2006, 05:04 AM

idnceo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Does .jp get traffic? ? ? I'm sure you got a lot of terms for both .com, and .jp, you can compare the traffic situation easily.
Well Touchring, it is a gamble, .jp doesnt get much traffic at all, but even on .com doesnt receive much it, isnt it? im sure u dont register in .jp thinking in parking. Olney does, i would think .com parked, the .jp developed
Old 3rd May 2006, 05:22 AM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Truthfully I realized JPS aren't getting traffic because of bots & they are not indexed.
Coms can be seen by Google, Yahoo, & MSN by their registry affiliations.

You get a jp indexed & it will produce the same traffic as the jp.

Don't believe in type ins yet. (as far as Japan) It truly don't exist yet & it can't be accurately measure.

I'm going to put up a site to get my jps indexed.

The coms that were bought usually are all drops that have been indexed before.
Theirs a huge difference.

My stance in the whole thing (my personal portfolio).
JP or COM if you want to sell a domain to Japanese.
COM, NET, or JP if you plan to develop
anything if you plan on just parking.

So main points
1. Get your domains indexed (spidered)
2. If you have plenty domains park them but get them spidered
3. Unless people in other countries see developed useful sites with IDN Domains they will assume it's just for parked pages. (In other words try to develop your top 5 or 10)