IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd March 2010, 07:21 AM

DktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura about
IDN.BZ get blocked by untivirus again

Anyone else is getting the phishing message on the site? my unti-virus detects 2 threats and blocks access to the site. I am using AVG untivirus and Mozilla to access the site.

Chrome opens the full site even after virus detection.

Last edited by DktoInc; 23rd March 2010 at 07:25 AM..
Old 23rd March 2010, 09:35 AM

htmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished road
Re: IDN.BZ get blocked by untivirus again

Yeah, for the very 1st time, AVG gave me warnings about IDN.bz once opened that it's got a virus. Is there really a virus on the site???
Old 23rd March 2010, 11:02 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Same here. Here's an idea. Don't use it. Never did me any harm
Old 23rd March 2010, 02:56 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Oh, no, NOT AGAIN. I have explained this over and over. Ok, I will remvove the encoded part. You should use better AV like NOD32.
Old 23rd March 2010, 03:07 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Encoded part removed. I have even explained how to decode the encoded part so that you all could see what was there. It's only a complex Javascript code to hide affiliate links making them look like normal links.
Old 23rd March 2010, 03:10 PM

bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose View Post
You should use better AV like NOD32.
Avast doesn't give a shit.
Old 23rd March 2010, 04:40 PM

DktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Encoded part removed. I have even explained how to decode the encoded part so that you all could see what was there. It's only a complex Javascript code to hide affiliate links making them look like normal links.
Jose, i can change the untivirus at home but at work its corporate.
Old 23rd March 2010, 07:18 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
You don't seem to get it. You can't explain to every potential visitor to your website that their anti-virus software is "wrong". Accept you are doing something very very non-standard, and change it.

But to be honest with you, I don't even agree with making affiliate links look like normal links. If someone is profiting from an outgoing link on their site, too right I want to know about it. Its called "disclosure".
Old 23rd March 2010, 07:34 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
You don't seem to get it. You can't explain to every potential visitor to your website that their anti-virus software is "wrong". Accept you are doing something very very non-standard, and change it.

But to be honest with you, I don't even agree with making affiliate links look like normal links. If someone is profiting from an outgoing link on their site, too right I want to know about it. Its called "disclosure".
Yes, I agree it might draw away some visitors. I was explaining to my fellow mates where, as I think they deserved an explanation.

Everyone disguise links, from John Chow to John Doe, if you don't, no one clicks them. People gives themselves the trouble to copy paste and remove the affiliate part of the link. What makes people do that? Envy?
Old 23rd March 2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Yes, I agree it might draw away some visitors. I was explaining to my fellow mates where, as I think they deserved an explanation.

Everyone disguise links, from John Chow to John Doe, if you don't, no one clicks them. People gives themselves the trouble to copy paste and remove the affiliate part of the link. What makes people do that? Envy?
The answer is very simple then. Disguise links like John Chow and John Doe do, not like you do