IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th March 2010, 09:36 AM
Banned

Sabryan is an unknown quantity at this point
Cloud Computing Reliability

More and more people began to trust in cloud computing. Do you think that cloud computing is a reliable service?
Old 24th March 2010, 11:18 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Re: Cloud Computing Reliability

Welcome to idncloudforum! Here is a good article on the the pros and cons.
Most people will only have confidence in the safety and reliability of the technology if it is managed by the US Govt. :p

http://www.economist.com/debate/days/view/409
Old 24th March 2010, 11:27 AM

alexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabryan View Post
More and more people began to trust in cloud computing. Do you think that cloud computing is a reliable service?
I hope that is becomes more popular and widespread - then my 雲端運算.com domain might attract some interest.

Alex

Old 24th March 2010, 05:52 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

You guys just LOVE talking to bots, don't you?
Old 24th March 2010, 11:18 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert View Post
You guys just LOVE talking to bots, don't you?
Hense my tongue in cheek post.

I did try your trick to google the " duplicate " of his post to other forums.. no hits. Checked username on other forums, but not many.
No links in his OP, and his email / IP checked out to both be from Armenia...btw, they don't have bots there do they? :p

So...how did you sniff this one out?

Last edited by bwhhisc; 24th March 2010 at 11:24 PM..
Old 25th March 2010, 03:59 AM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough

ամպ .com (cloud in Armenian) is available. So is ռոբոտ .com (robot).

Avtal
Old 25th March 2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avtal View Post
ամպ .com (cloud in Armenian) is available. So is ռոբոտ .com (robot).
Avtal
I thought they spoke mostly Russian in Armenia?
Old 25th March 2010, 03:29 PM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc View Post
I thought they spoke mostly Russian in Armenia?
Interesting question.

Wikpedia pointed me to this Gallup poll, which contains some enlightening numbers.

In 2007, 94% of Armenians surveyed said that they considered it to be "important" or "very important" for the children of the country to learn Russian. But 97% of those surveyed preferred to be interviewed for the poll in Armenian rather than in Russian.

Similar numbers for Georgia, also in 2007 (before the war): 92% answered "important" or "very important", and 92% preferred to be interviewed in Georgian.

In Kazakhstan (where Kazakh is the "national language" but Russian is the "language of inter-ethnic communication"), 68% preferred to be interviewed in Russian. In Ukraine, 83% preferred to be interviewed in Russian.

Avtal

Last edited by Avtal; 25th March 2010 at 03:32 PM..
Old 29th March 2010, 08:08 AM
Banned

Sabryan is an unknown quantity at this point

We speak both Russian and English:-) And many Armenians know some other languages as well:-) So if you know French, I can speak to u, just let me know;-)
Old 29th March 2010, 10:25 AM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:

Google is reliable. In the few years that I've been using Gmail and Google Docs, they have had very little downtime.

I love Google Docs - eliminates the need for MS Office, plus allows for online collaboration and that's really a killer feature.
Old 29th March 2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
We speak both Russian and English:-) And many Armenians know some other languages as well:-) So if you know French, I can speak to u, just let me know;-)
How did you find you way to IDNForums....and nice to have you here btw.