IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th March 2010, 09:18 AM

Clotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enough
Portfolio Management Software

I have been using a database to keep track of my domains and relevant details. I am now looking at the daunting task of entering CPC and Google traffic stats once again. Doing this manually is a real pain.

Is there any software that can automate this task and works for IDN's?

How about other management software. What do you use?
Old 27th March 2010, 10:10 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about
Re: Portfolio Management Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clotho View Post
I have been using a database to keep track of my domains and relevant details. I am now looking at the daunting task of entering CPC and Google traffic stats once again. Doing this manually is a real pain.

Is there any software that can automate this task and works for IDN's?

How about other management software. What do you use?
I apply the concept that having less domains but of better quality is ultimately the way to go. Otherwise you know what happens, because you are posting about it. You spend all your time "managing your portfolio" and get lost in the minutiae, when it is much better to deal with the bigger picture i.e. how to develop your (smaller) portfolio most efficiently, and increase its value tenfold.

I know that wasn't the answer you were looking for directly, but I do believe it is an "out of the box" answer.

The direct answer is I just use a spreadsheet, because I don't need to automate management any more. The same goes for development. I can develop names individually now rather than chase any "holy grail" of automated development over a large portfolio.

"Trimming" my portfolio was the best thing I ever did in IDNland.
Old 27th March 2010, 10:47 AM

Clotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enough

I appreciate that.

I just went through all of them over the last few months during renewals and I got rid of a pile of junk. I have kept historic data like Overture scores etc for them and I have found this sort of information to be useful. The task of mining the data and entering it is dull and repetitive however and I was just wondering if there was a better solution.
Old 27th March 2010, 01:58 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Quote:
I appreciate that.

I just went through all of them over the last few months during renewals and I got rid of a pile of junk. I have kept historic data like Overture scores etc for them and I have found this sort of information to be useful. The task of mining the data and entering it is dull and repetitive however and I was just wondering if there was a better solution.
Yes, there is. I had exactly the same problem and coded a portfolio management script for personal use. It loads data from Namedrive (!), the Google keyword tool and several registrars, like Godaddy, Dynadot, Domainsite. Then I can list the data sorted by any variable and edit it live to correct any glitch. It can also auto detect language and translate on the fly, among other things like list domains in plain text, have different accounts from the same registrar, etc. Would you buy this? For how much?

Last edited by jose; 27th March 2010 at 02:01 PM..
Old 28th March 2010, 02:55 AM

I was kind of looking for a commercial product. Yours sounds interesting. Does it dump the data to a spreadsheet or database? How much would you want for this?
Old 28th March 2010, 04:15 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Quote:
I was kind of looking for a commercial product. Yours sounds interesting. Does it dump the data to a spreadsheet or database? How much would you want for this?
It has its own database (MySQL). I don't have any idea on pricing, as I did it for personal use.
Old 28th March 2010, 06:19 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Have you had a look at domainpunch products ?

I don't use it personally, but it received some votes in DNW's annual survey and their "pro" solution is said to support IDNs ( see http://www.domainpunch.com/products/wmdpro/ )

In any event, it gives an idea on pricing (50-150 range).