IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd April 2010, 01:45 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm
Question Volcafe.asia Intellectual Property Protection

I have owned the domain abouttrust.com for a few years now, oddly enough I got the following email today in my spam folder...

Opinions on whether they really want my OK for this other dude to register these domains or are they just trying to sell me abouttrust domain in other extensions?

Anybody else received contact from this place before?

Quote:
(abouttrust)Notice of Intellectual Property Protection 2010-4-3
Joy to mj

Dear Sir/Madam

I'm sorry to disturb you so abrupt. We are a domain name registration service company in Asia,

On 30th March. we received a formal application submitted by Mr. John Sun who wanted to use the keyword "abouttrust" to register the Internet Brand and with suffix such as .cn /.com.cn /.net.cn/.hk/.asia/ domain names.
After our initial examination, we found that these domain names to be applied for registration are same as your domain name and trademark. We aren't sure whether you have any relation with him. Because these domain names would produce possible dispute, now we have hold down his registration, but if we do not get your company's an reply in the next 5 working days, we will approve his application

As authorized anti-cybersquatting organization we hereby suspect Mr. John Sun is a domain investor. so we need you to attach importance to this issue.

In order to handle this issue better, Please contact us by Fax ,Telephone or Email as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely         2010-4-3
Joy
Oversea Marketing Manager
-------------------------------------------
Room 1008,
International Building,
No.38 YueLong road,NanTong City
Tel:+86(513)85330968
Fax:+86(513)80260081
Email:Joy@volcafe.asia
Old 3rd April 2010, 02:29 PM

alexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enough
Re: Volcafe.asia Intellectual Property Protection

I've had a few like this in the past - where someone has received an application to register the .com.cn version of my .com, and they are letting me know so that if I want, they will let me register them domain with them instead - how nice of them !!

There was probably a reason why this one went straight to your spam folder.

Alex

Old 3rd April 2010, 03:04 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive

Just trying to sell you overpriced domains.
Old 3rd April 2010, 06:02 PM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni

What they said
Old 3rd April 2010, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Yep. Get them all the time.

There is no Mr John Sun. He's a figment of their imagination.
Old 3rd April 2010, 07:47 PM

bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert View Post
Yep. Get them all the time.

There is no Mr John Sun. He's a figment of their imagination.
This is a very old trick used by registration companies to get their crap extensions sold.
Old 4th April 2010, 12:46 AM

DktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura about

I got this one:

Dear Manager:

We are a Domain Name registration service company, which is a professional Internet Domain Name Registration and dispute resolution organization in China.On August.13th,2009, We received HAITONG Investment company's application that they are registering the name "mydomain" as their Internet Trademark and "mydomain.cn"、"mydomain.com.cn" 、"mydomain.asia"domain names etc.,It is China and ASIA domain names.But after auditing we found the brand name been used by your company. As the domain name registrar in China, it is our duty to notice you, so I am sending you this Email to check.According to the principle in China,your company is the owner of the trademark,In our auditing time we can keep the domain names safe for you firstly, but our audit period is limited, if you object the third party application these domain names and need to protect the brand in china and Asia by yourself, please let the responsible officer contact us as soon as possible. Thank you!
Looking forward to your reply.
Kind regards

Angela
Oversea marketing manager
Company: YiGuan China Co,Ltd.
Tel:+86(0)21 6296 2950
Fax:+86(0)21 6296 1557
web:www.ygchina.org.cn

then,

Dear Manager:

Thanks for your information.According to the domain name management principle, your company is the owner of the trademark, so your company enjoy the priority to register these domain names and internet Trademark,we will help your company remain 5 days.During the priority time, we will not accept the company's application.

If your company need to protect, we will send your company an application form to fill in.When you finish,you can send me back ,we will object the company's application and help your protect these domain names and internet Trademark.Wait for your decision.

Best regards,

Angela

After 5 days nothing happens. Domains are still available to reg.