IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Talk > Idners Clubhouse

Idners Clubhouse Idners Clubhouse is the place to hang out & chill when you just feel you've searched for IDN Domains a tad too much. General offtopic conversation. Please don't post SPAM here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th April 2010, 05:18 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm
What a mobile

I just couldn't leave the shop without it!

http://www.htc.com/www/product/legend/overview.html

Old 14th April 2010, 05:37 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all
Re: What a mobile

You got in the shop looking for this exact model ?
Old 14th April 2010, 05:43 PM

Location: Global Headquarters of the Dot Net Skepticism Alliance
idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road

Looks like an iphony.
Old 14th April 2010, 05:57 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
You got in the shop looking for this exact model ?
I also considered the HTC Desire and the Google Nexus, but the Legend came out the winner. Mainly because it is a bit smaller than the other two, and also cheaper - 50 and 100 EUR respectively.

I wanted to get an iPhone, but I don't do mobile contracts. Surprisingly enough, the iPhone is the only 3G phone in Finland that can not be bought unlocked and without a contract.

Smiling and still contract free (month to month service, I can change operators whenever I find better prices and still keep my number). Fuck mobile contracts.
Old 14th April 2010, 06:39 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post
Fuck mobile contracts.
Damn straight.

They need to join the dinosaurs, along with region locked DVDs and consumer equipment that has the features right there in the hardware, but are software-hobbled so you can't use them.

Don't get me started.
Old 15th April 2010, 07:15 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by idn View Post
Looks like an iphony.
just don't take your iphony in the bath with ya.

I took my piece-of-shit Chinese iphony clone into the bath to play with (I don't have an RD), and 2 minutes later, the piece of shit wouldn't respond to any kind of touch.

I now need a new iphony, or preferably an i-not-phony. paypal donation address will soon be in my footer, once I decide how to downsize.
Old 15th April 2010, 07:38 AM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
just don't take your iphony in the bath with ya.

I took my piece-of-shit Chinese iphony clone into the bath to play with (I don't have an RD), and 2 minutes later, the piece of shit wouldn't respond to any kind of touch.

I now need a new iphony, or preferably an i-not-phony. paypal donation address will soon be in my footer, once I decide how to downsize.
upgrade now
Diamond Iphone http://www.amosu.co.uk/index.php?lng=1

20,000 pounds...
Old 15th April 2010, 07:46 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNCowboy View Post
upgrade now
Diamond Iphone http://www.amosu.co.uk/index.php?lng=1

20,000 pounds...
that's a phreaking heavy phone ...... wouldn't last 10 seconds in my bath-tub :p
Old 15th April 2010, 05:38 PM

What has happened to our community when we only get one post in 8 hours?

Are you all playing with your new phones?

Or did you all follow RD back over to NamePros? :p
Old 16th April 2010, 02:43 AM

sunsei21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sunsei21 Send a message via Skype™ to sunsei21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post
Fuck mobile contracts.
i agree phone contracts are for the birds
Old 16th April 2010, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsei21 View Post
i agree phone contracts are for the birds
UK - totally obsessed with mobile contracts, nearly everyone I knew was tied into the horrible things

Thailand - nobody heard of 'em

Nice
Old 16th April 2010, 05:20 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
UK - totally obsessed with mobile contracts, nearly everyone I knew was tied into the horrible things

Thailand - nobody heard of 'em

Nice
UK Mobile phones are ridiculously expensive. I know they are much cheaper abroad because otherwise the take up rates in Africa and India would be much lower. I have a ten year old ex-contract phone on pay as you go. I only really use it to talk to Lenka. Normally, she rings me. If I need to talk to her I ring her and she rings back without picking up. She has load of free minutes on her 3 Contract which is about £15 a month. Of handset are a hardsell as most people get their phones for free with the contract. Most people only have 12 month contracts, so the phone goes in the bin after that. One of the reason I have my own phone is that it has a Querty Keyboard for the once a year or so when I need to Text.
Old 16th April 2010, 05:23 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Of course they also come in useful for telling the time when you are out. I rarely wear a watch.
Old 16th April 2010, 06:01 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

I'm with RD on this one. I have an old phone with no contract pay as you go.

Guess what people, when you go outside, you are supposed to look at the flowers, pretty girls on street, anything but not tap away keeping up with your domains or emails.

In Molvania, talking on the phone outside your house is illegal, and there is no yapping on the train either. Good approach.

At social events, a phone is a distraction. For business, you need a laptop not a phone.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 16th April 2010 at 06:03 AM..
Old 16th April 2010, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast View Post
I'm with RD on this one. I have an old phone with no contract pay as you go.

Guess what people, when you go outside, you are supposed to look at the flowers, pretty girls on street, anything but not tap away keeping up with your domains or emails.

In Molvania, talking on the phone outside your house is illegal, and there is no yapping on the train either. Good approach.

At social events, a phone is a distraction. For business, you need a laptop not a phone.
Never mind the pretty girls - where are the Querty keyboards for sale? Are they an Eastern European speciality? I've always found the "u" key so much more useful than that awful little "w" thing!! Can they be played with in the bath?
Old 16th April 2010, 09:03 AM

bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
I have a ten year old ex-contract phone on pay as you go.
Same with me. I had this one for about 10 years

and it was excellent. Damn solid, plain and simple. I don't want mp3 ringtones. I don't want to watch videos on my mobile. And I certainly don't want to tell people on Twitter what I'm doing. I use my mobile for ...em... phone calls and even that's not very often. My 15 € pay as you go card usually lasts for about half a year.
Old 16th April 2010, 09:08 AM

bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast View Post
In Molvania, talking on the phone outside your house is illegal
Anyway, carrying this on your back must be a pain...