IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 23rd April 2010, 07:50 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 357
Toni is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats next?

Got this IDN.eu lot and now am wondering how I should proceed,
I have received a $400 offer for the whole lot shortly after those names have been released but I refused, have not tried any active selling (enduser contacting) just listing them at the forums...

my plan was to hold them for a long time but now I don't feel like it anymore, have enough domains that need my attention/renewal fees already :D, and I am by no means savvy enough in the IDN field, what do you think can I get for the Lot from a reseller and where can I get it, preferably tomorrow? Also what do you think about Bido/IDNs, are IDNs doing well at Bido? Would these?

доктор.eu
кафе.eu
банка.eu
линк.eu
imobiliária.eu
imobiliárias.eu
imobiliários.eu
crêpes.eu
firmę.eu
première.eu
dziękuję.eu
tête.eu
български.eu
гитара.eu
йога.eu
российскаяфедерация.eu
такси.eu
япония.eu

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 23rd April 2010, 08:05 PM
Drewbert's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,091
iTrader: (20)
Rep Power: 0
Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy
Re: Whats next?

Bido would have to be one of the WORST options for selling domains out there.
__________________
It's all jaded style to me.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 23rd April 2010, 08:09 PM
Semi-retired
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Blighty
Posts: 5,531
iTrader: (57)
Rep Power: 3439
alpha has disabled reputation
Re: Whats next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert View Post
Bido would have to be one of the WORST options for selling domains out there.
actually there's a little old lady that knocks on our door occasionally trying to sell household cleaning products, I think she might possibly be the worst place to also sell IDNs, but it's debatable.. maybe Bido has her beat.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 23rd April 2010, 08:13 PM
squirrel's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,940
iTrader: (11)
Rep Power: 7081
squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all
Re: Whats next?

bido.com/idns ?

personally, I don't have any .eu, I don't know much about the resale value of this tld, gut feeling though, I think your best bet would be to list them on Sedo.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 24th April 2010, 06:01 AM
Drewbert's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,091
iTrader: (20)
Rep Power: 0
Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy
Re: Whats next?

Plus I think the EU might be about to get a bit smaller.
__________________
It's all jaded style to me.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 24th April 2010, 06:14 AM
domainguru's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,835
iTrader: (14)
Rep Power: 2515
domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about
Re: Whats next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
bido.com/idns ?

personally, I don't have any .eu, I don't know much about the resale value of this tld, gut feeling though, I think your best bet would be to list them on Sedo.
And they even list TMs now apparently:

--------

- IPADGROUPIE.COM [VIEW LOWERCASE]
Description
Entertainment, Goods, Hobbies
N/A
$30.00
Vote DownPlace bidVote
N/A
0
30
---------

I used to respect Sal, now I just think he has completely lost his marbles ....
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 24th April 2010, 07:25 AM
Rubber Duck's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Posts: 15,929
iTrader: (59)
Rep Power: 4508
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Whats next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert View Post
Plus I think the EU might be about to get a bit smaller.
Well, with the Greeks gone, there would be plenty room for the Turks!
__________________
All offers to sell are void.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 24th April 2010, 12:04 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 357
Toni is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Whats next?

yeah seeing those TM's voted in is sorta irritating...

but then again there must be a ton of them at all the other marketplaces as well..

Bido should go back to 1 domain a day... or maybe 3 max., the place is just flooded with crappy domains currently...

Thanks so Bido is a big NO for IDNs...
I see...

So what is a big YES for IDNs...?

Don't feel like waiting 3 years for an offer at Sedo...

I want to move fast...

Cheers
Toni
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 24th April 2010, 12:16 PM
jacksonm's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,843
iTrader: (26)
Rep Power: 982
jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm
Re: Whats next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
Well, with the Greeks gone, there would be plenty room for the Turks!
A very small part of Turkey is actually located in Europe. A very, very small part. Over 95% of the land mass is located in Asia, thus they really need to wait for the Asian Union to form and drop aspirations to join the European Union.
__________________
.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 24th April 2010, 12:21 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 357
Toni is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Whats next?

And what about Cyprus?

or those oversee territories like Guyane, Reunion etc...

I even see Israel joining the EU someday, lol...
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 24th April 2010, 12:30 PM
bumblebee man's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,620
iTrader: (16)
Rep Power: 2873
bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about
Re: Whats next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni View Post
Don't feel like waiting 3 years for an offer at Sedo...

I want to move fast...
Try this!
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 24th April 2010, 12:50 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 357
Toni is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Whats next?

thanks , have set it up:

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/show...108#post160108
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 24th April 2010, 12:53 PM
Rubber Duck's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Posts: 15,929
iTrader: (59)
Rep Power: 4508
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Whats next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post
A very small part of Turkey is actually located in Europe. A very, very small part. Over 95% of the land mass is located in Asia, thus they really need to wait for the Asian Union to form and drop aspirations to join the European Union.
Ah, an American reading an Atlas. Might try reading some of the writing though instead of just looking at the pictures.

Yes, the European bit doesn't include extensive remote and barren mountain ranges, but you might have overlooked Istanbul, which is the main commercial centre and alone accounts for over one sixth of the population, which is actually a higher proportion than London to the UK, and in absolute terms kicking on for twice the size.
__________________
All offers to sell are void.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 24th April 2010, 05:28 PM
mulligan's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,253
iTrader: (78)
Rep Power: 2027
mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough
Re: Whats next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni View Post

Don't feel like waiting 3 years for an offer at Sedo...

I want to move fast...
My feeling is that if you have the 'product' you won't need to wait for dodo offers
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 25th April 2010, 06:58 AM
domainguru's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,835
iTrader: (14)
Rep Power: 2515
domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about
Re: Whats next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni View Post
yeah seeing those TM's voted in is sorta irritating...

but then again there must be a ton of them at all the other marketplaces as well..

Bido should go back to 1 domain a day... or maybe 3 max., the place is just flooded with crappy domains currently...

Thanks so Bido is a big NO for IDNs...
I see...

So what is a big YES for IDNs...?

Don't feel like waiting 3 years for an offer at Sedo...

I want to move fast...

Cheers
Toni
When was Bido not full of crappy domains? Even there hyped-to-the-max one great domain a day auctions were normally laughable.

Only difference I can tell is now there are more of them.... Instead of fixing their business model, they decided just to "try and sell more shit", and boy, is most of it shit ......
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 25th April 2010, 02:09 PM
jacksonm's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,843
iTrader: (26)
Rep Power: 982
jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm
Re: Whats next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
Ah, an American reading an Atlas. Might try reading some of the writing though instead of just looking at the pictures.

Yes, the European bit doesn't include extensive remote and barren mountain ranges, but you might have overlooked Istanbul, which is the main commercial centre and alone accounts for over one sixth of the population, which is actually a higher proportion than London to the UK, and in absolute terms kicking on for twice the size.

Only half of Istanbul is on the European side...
__________________
.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 25th April 2010, 08:09 PM
Rubber Duck's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Posts: 15,929
iTrader: (59)
Rep Power: 4508
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Whats next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post
Only half of Istanbul is on the European side...
It is all pretty arbitrary really:



The Bosporus is not in geographical terms a plate boundary. Indeed, it didn't exist at all until the end of the last ice age, when the rising sea levels caused the Mediterranean to wash through in the vast depression that now form the Black Sea. So we have a notional boundary that has no sound basis in Geology, Culture or Politics.
__________________
All offers to sell are void.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 26th April 2010, 12:29 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Golden West
Posts: 921
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 3241
Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough
Re: Whats next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
The Bosporus is not in geographical terms a plate boundary. Indeed, it didn't exist at all until the end of the last ice age, when the rising sea levels caused the Mediterranean to wash through in the vast depression that now form the Black Sea. So we have a notional boundary that has no sound basis in Geology, Culture or Politics.
I agree with the first two sentences, but I'm not sure how the last sentence follows.

And I'm not sure that plate boundaries represent a good fit to human geography. Here is the boundary between the North American and Pacific Plates, which forms the San Andreas fault zone in California:



There have been various proposals for splitting California (north vs. south, urbanized coast vs. agricultural interior, etc), but I don't think anyone has proposed using the San Andreas fault as a boundary.

As for expanding the EU: I think it would be interesting if Russia requested membership. Is anyone going to argue that they are insufficiently European? Yet if they joined, the EU would stretch to the Pacific Ocean, and border on China.

Avtal
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 26th April 2010, 04:50 AM
Rubber Duck's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Posts: 15,929
iTrader: (59)
Rep Power: 4508
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Whats next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avtal View Post
I agree with the first two sentences, but I'm not sure how the last sentence follows.

And I'm not sure that plate boundaries represent a good fit to human geography. Here is the boundary between the North American and Pacific Plates, which forms the San Andreas fault zone in California:



There have been various proposals for splitting California (north vs. south, urbanized coast vs. agricultural interior, etc), but I don't think anyone has proposed using the San Andreas fault as a boundary.

As for expanding the EU: I think it would be interesting if Russia requested membership. Is anyone going to argue that they are insufficiently European? Yet if they joined, the EU would stretch to the Pacific Ocean, and border on China.

Avtal
I think you would find that everyone would say no.

We have had problems with Germany and France dominating everyone else. If Russia joined, it would either mean permanent deadlock or they would decide every issue.

Nothing against them, just politically not workable.

As for California, perhaps they should sell that bit to Chinese to pay of their debts and then it would all make sense again.
__________________
All offers to sell are void.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 26th April 2010, 05:22 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Golden West
Posts: 921
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 3241
Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough
Re: Whats next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
As for California, perhaps they should sell that bit to Chinese to pay of their debts and then it would all make sense again.
Too late, unfortunately. Back in 2005 it was worth something, but now...

Avtal
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:36 PM.

Site Sponsors
Your ad here
buy t-shirt
מחיר הזהב

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0
Copyright idnforums.com 2005

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54