IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd April 2010, 07:50 PM

Toni is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats next?

Got this IDN.eu lot and now am wondering how I should proceed,
I have received a $400 offer for the whole lot shortly after those names have been released but I refused, have not tried any active selling (enduser contacting) just listing them at the forums...

my plan was to hold them for a long time but now I don't feel like it anymore, have enough domains that need my attention/renewal fees already :D, and I am by no means savvy enough in the IDN field, what do you think can I get for the Lot from a reseller and where can I get it, preferably tomorrow? Also what do you think about Bido/IDNs, are IDNs doing well at Bido? Would these?

доктор.eu
кафе.eu
банка.eu
линк.eu
imobiliária.eu
imobiliárias.eu
imobiliários.eu
crêpes.eu
firmę.eu
première.eu
dziękuję.eu
tête.eu
български.eu
гитара.eu
йога.eu
российскаяфедерация.eu
такси.eu
япония.eu

Thanks
Old 23rd April 2010, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy
Re: Whats next?

Bido would have to be one of the WORST options for selling domains out there.
Old 23rd April 2010, 08:09 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert View Post
Bido would have to be one of the WORST options for selling domains out there.
actually there's a little old lady that knocks on our door occasionally trying to sell household cleaning products, I think she might possibly be the worst place to also sell IDNs, but it's debatable.. maybe Bido has her beat.
Old 23rd April 2010, 08:13 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

bido.com/idns ?

personally, I don't have any .eu, I don't know much about the resale value of this tld, gut feeling though, I think your best bet would be to list them on Sedo.
Old 24th April 2010, 06:01 AM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Plus I think the EU might be about to get a bit smaller.
Old 24th April 2010, 06:14 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
bido.com/idns ?

personally, I don't have any .eu, I don't know much about the resale value of this tld, gut feeling though, I think your best bet would be to list them on Sedo.
And they even list TMs now apparently:

--------

- IPADGROUPIE.COM [VIEW LOWERCASE]
Description
Entertainment, Goods, Hobbies
N/A
$30.00
Vote DownPlace bidVote
N/A
---------

I used to respect Sal, now I just think he has completely lost his marbles ....
Old 24th April 2010, 07:25 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert View Post
Plus I think the EU might be about to get a bit smaller.
Well, with the Greeks gone, there would be plenty room for the Turks!
Old 24th April 2010, 12:04 PM

yeah seeing those TM's voted in is sorta irritating...

but then again there must be a ton of them at all the other marketplaces as well..

Bido should go back to 1 domain a day... or maybe 3 max., the place is just flooded with crappy domains currently...

Thanks so Bido is a big NO for IDNs...
I see...

So what is a big YES for IDNs...?

Don't feel like waiting 3 years for an offer at Sedo...

I want to move fast...

Cheers
Toni
Old 24th April 2010, 12:16 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
Well, with the Greeks gone, there would be plenty room for the Turks!
A very small part of Turkey is actually located in Europe. A very, very small part. Over 95% of the land mass is located in Asia, thus they really need to wait for the Asian Union to form and drop aspirations to join the European Union.
Old 24th April 2010, 12:21 PM

And what about Cyprus?

or those oversee territories like Guyane, Reunion etc...

I even see Israel joining the EU someday, lol...
Old 24th April 2010, 12:30 PM

bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni View Post

I want to move fast...
Try this!
Old 24th April 2010, 12:50 PM

thanks , have set it up:

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/show...108#post160108
Old 24th April 2010, 12:53 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post
A very small part of Turkey is actually located in Europe. A very, very small part. Over 95% of the land mass is located in Asia, thus they really need to wait for the Asian Union to form and drop aspirations to join the European Union.
Ah, an American reading an Atlas. Might try reading some of the writing though instead of just looking at the pictures.

Yes, the European bit doesn't include extensive remote and barren mountain ranges, but you might have overlooked Istanbul, which is the main commercial centre and alone accounts for over one sixth of the population, which is actually a higher proportion than London to the UK, and in absolute terms kicking on for twice the size.
Old 24th April 2010, 05:28 PM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

Quote:

I want to move fast...
My feeling is that if you have the 'product' you won't need to wait for dodo offers
Old 25th April 2010, 06:58 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
yeah seeing those TM's voted in is sorta irritating...

but then again there must be a ton of them at all the other marketplaces as well..

Bido should go back to 1 domain a day... or maybe 3 max., the place is just flooded with crappy domains currently...

Thanks so Bido is a big NO for IDNs...
I see...

So what is a big YES for IDNs...?

I want to move fast...

Cheers
Toni
When was Bido not full of crappy domains? Even there hyped-to-the-max one great domain a day auctions were normally laughable.

Only difference I can tell is now there are more of them.... Instead of fixing their business model, they decided just to "try and sell more shit", and boy, is most of it shit ......
Old 25th April 2010, 02:09 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:
Ah, an American reading an Atlas. Might try reading some of the writing though instead of just looking at the pictures.

Yes, the European bit doesn't include extensive remote and barren mountain ranges, but you might have overlooked Istanbul, which is the main commercial centre and alone accounts for over one sixth of the population, which is actually a higher proportion than London to the UK, and in absolute terms kicking on for twice the size.

Only half of Istanbul is on the European side...
Old 25th April 2010, 08:09 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post
Only half of Istanbul is on the European side...
It is all pretty arbitrary really:

The Bosporus is not in geographical terms a plate boundary. Indeed, it didn't exist at all until the end of the last ice age, when the rising sea levels caused the Mediterranean to wash through in the vast depression that now form the Black Sea. So we have a notional boundary that has no sound basis in Geology, Culture or Politics.
Old 26th April 2010, 12:29 AM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
The Bosporus is not in geographical terms a plate boundary. Indeed, it didn't exist at all until the end of the last ice age, when the rising sea levels caused the Mediterranean to wash through in the vast depression that now form the Black Sea. So we have a notional boundary that has no sound basis in Geology, Culture or Politics.
I agree with the first two sentences, but I'm not sure how the last sentence follows.

And I'm not sure that plate boundaries represent a good fit to human geography. Here is the boundary between the North American and Pacific Plates, which forms the San Andreas fault zone in California:

There have been various proposals for splitting California (north vs. south, urbanized coast vs. agricultural interior, etc), but I don't think anyone has proposed using the San Andreas fault as a boundary.

As for expanding the EU: I think it would be interesting if Russia requested membership. Is anyone going to argue that they are insufficiently European? Yet if they joined, the EU would stretch to the Pacific Ocean, and border on China.

Avtal
Old 26th April 2010, 04:50 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avtal View Post
I agree with the first two sentences, but I'm not sure how the last sentence follows.

And I'm not sure that plate boundaries represent a good fit to human geography. Here is the boundary between the North American and Pacific Plates, which forms the San Andreas fault zone in California:

There have been various proposals for splitting California (north vs. south, urbanized coast vs. agricultural interior, etc), but I don't think anyone has proposed using the San Andreas fault as a boundary.

As for expanding the EU: I think it would be interesting if Russia requested membership. Is anyone going to argue that they are insufficiently European? Yet if they joined, the EU would stretch to the Pacific Ocean, and border on China.

Avtal
I think you would find that everyone would say no.

We have had problems with Germany and France dominating everyone else. If Russia joined, it would either mean permanent deadlock or they would decide every issue.

Nothing against them, just politically not workable.

As for California, perhaps they should sell that bit to Chinese to pay of their debts and then it would all make sense again.
Old 26th April 2010, 05:22 AM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
As for California, perhaps they should sell that bit to Chinese to pay of their debts and then it would all make sense again.
Too late, unfortunately. Back in 2005 it was worth something, but now...

Avtal