IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > Noms de Domaine Français

Noms de Domaine Français IDN talk for French IDN Domains.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th May 2006, 12:08 AM

aboujouj83 is an unknown quantity at this point
should i get it?

It's a french name, only availabe in .tv, it has french overture ~ 40000, and french google results are around 20,000,000. French overture doesn't show accent, so did it give me the right word? I put the word with accent, but the result doesn't show the accent in overture.

I am also hesitant to pay 40$ for one name...what do you guys think?
But I think the .tv extension fits that word.

Aboujouj
Old 4th May 2006, 12:15 AM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1
Re: should i get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboujouj83

I am also hesitant to pay 40$ for one name...what do you guys think?
But I think the .tv extension fits that word.

Aboujouj
Well if this helps here is a link to get It for 29.95 http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?B=9385&U=163116&M=3056
Old 4th May 2006, 12:34 AM

Thanks thegenius1. But do you think it's worth it considering the stats I gave?

Aboujouj
Old 4th May 2006, 12:41 AM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Thanks thegenius1. But do you think it's worth it considering the stats I gave?

Aboujouj

It honestly depends how well it fits the extension IMO and if it is a perfect marriage go for it !
Old 4th May 2006, 01:01 AM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive

Agree with genius.

If you haven't already make sure you check the term with "" around it in Google and check the term (with accent) on US Ovt. 40K FR Ovt sounds good though - and FR Ovt drops the accent so don't worry about that. But make sure the Google search has "" around the term.

Let us know what it is if you reg it.
Old 4th May 2006, 01:15 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Google +++++"åçéñt" to try to find pages only with the accent, and set the advanced search to look for French language pages only.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 4th May 2006 at 01:18 AM..
Old 4th May 2006, 01:29 AM

Ok thanks guys. With the " ", it goes down to 2,000,000 in google.
The us overture is around 100. Does it matter? It's search 40,000 times in France...

Aboujouj
Old 4th May 2006, 01:34 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Ok thanks guys. With the " ", it goes down to 2,000,000 in google.
The us overture is around 100. Does it matter? It's search 40,000 times in France...

Aboujouj
French word. Who cares about US overture?
Old 4th May 2006, 01:42 AM

Right...what about the 2,000,000 results? I read here that you can cancel with idoz until 5 days after purchase, is it true?

Thanks,
Aboujouj
Old 4th May 2006, 12:53 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Right...what about the 2,000,000 results? I read here that you can cancel with idoz until 5 days after purchase, is it true?

Thanks,
Aboujouj
If its searched 40 000 times in France it is a good word. Don't worry, you can always sell it if it has a million results and fits .tv
Old 4th May 2006, 02:32 PM

Now I am confused. And that's the reason: I searched for that name in french overture, I got 40,000, I took the accent off, I also got 40,000!!! What does overture search for? Can someone please explain!

Aboujouj
Old 4th May 2006, 02:34 PM
Veteran

If you are sure the name SHOULD have the accent then it should have it. Check the dictionary, or check if most websites use the accent.

Overture may remove the accent when doing a search, so you get the same results.
Old 4th May 2006, 05:06 PM

only the french overture removes it, the english overture gives totally different results...

Aboujouj
Old 4th May 2006, 05:09 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive

US Ovt does not remove accents. A French term with US Ovt is usually at least somewhat popular. FR Ovt does remove the accents. Check Google with the term in "" - that should only return results with the accent. If the results are healthy then you probably have the correct spelling.
Old 4th May 2006, 05:13 PM

Your statement goes along my observation. It's not a typo, I am sure, I speak french, and the results with " " is 2,000,000. I think I will register it. What is the registrar where I can cancel the name even after I purchase it ?

Thanks,
Aboujouj
Old 4th May 2006, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Your statement goes along my observation. It's not a typo, I am sure, I speak french, and the results with " " is 2,000,000. I think I will register it. What is the registrar where I can cancel the name even after I purchase it ?

Thanks,
Aboujouj
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?B=9385&U=163116&M=3056 has the cheapest that i know , i believe dynadot has the cancellation thing but they dont sell .TV .... Good Luck