IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th May 2006, 04:29 AM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road
Re: you are a millionaire idners if ............

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle
Wait a second. So your saying we are actually going to make money off these? And to think I was just buying them to belong to a group.
Old 4th May 2006, 05:43 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammascalper
Average PPC won't be close to $0.10 if you have a balanced portfolio. Average PPC is probably at least double that. That takes the multiple to 55x.

The Average PPC we see right now is likely to reduce over the medium term since American ads are shown to Asian and East European surfers. Take the hint from SC where average PPC is only 2.5 cents.
Old 4th May 2006, 05:44 AM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
The Average PPC we see right now is likely to reduce over the medium term since American ads are shown to Asian and East European surfers. Take the hint from SC where average PPC is only 2.5 cents.
If you're doing a forecast, you have to forecast PPC as well.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see Japanese average PPC higher than US.
Old 4th May 2006, 06:22 AM
Veteran

It depends on the keyword, but we must wait for ND to start using Yahoo ads, or we'll not have maximum leverage for Japanese names.

A lot of guess work, but i think we're ok as long as we bank on languages where .com is strong....
Old 4th May 2006, 02:31 PM

g is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Tough list of criteria g, and well thought-out.

I'd like to see:

+ you have one IDN that has any results in OVT in more than 10 different languages OVTs. !

I can only think of a few ascii terms that would pass that test. Anyone have a foreign term that fits that?
some rare top arabic idns has results in OVT in more than 10 different languages OVTs. or lanuguages you use US OVT for them like russian and persian ...etc

Ask touchring and idn . they can tell

thanks all for sharing

Last edited by g; 4th May 2006 at 02:33 PM..
Old 4th May 2006, 03:51 PM
Veteran

Yes, i remembered you said some top terms generate ovts in most ovt markets. But i'm surprised that one of my terms return 5000+ for OVT UK.
Old 4th May 2006, 05:11 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Nice thread g.... and another thanks to you as many of us have some Arabic idns thanks to your generosity and guidance early in the game...cheers to you!
Old 30th August 2006, 04:17 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
It depends on the keyword, but we must wait for ND to start using Yahoo ads, or we'll not have maximum leverage for Japanese names.

A lot of guess work, but i think we're ok as long as we bank on languages where .com is strong....
Well my data is showing that things are moving very quickly in Thailand and Japan with or without IE 7!
Old 30th August 2006, 05:01 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Well my data is showing that things are moving very quickly in Thailand and Japan with or without IE 7!

Yes, traffic is steadily creeping upwards for Japanese with just beta IE7. But the indexing of japanese idn by yahoo jp is also part of the equation. I think PPC can improve significantly if we can somehow park with Yahoo jp. Bigger money is still possible.

Meanwhile, the replacement of american ads with native ads has started to hit many languages and is still in progress, as the few of us speculated in May.

Quote:
If you're doing a forecast, you have to forecast PPC as well.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see Japanese average PPC higher than US.

Wise words, thanks to ND, now we know it's higher than most other languages.

Last edited by touchring; 30th August 2006 at 05:25 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 30th August 2006, 06:06 PM

Explorer is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone brave enough to give an updated forecast for expected traffic multiples :-)?
Old 30th August 2006, 06:15 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer
Anyone brave enough to give an updated forecast for expected traffic multiples :-)?
I would say x1K to x10K depending on the type of name.
Old 30th August 2006, 06:17 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

555 has disabled reputation

Quote:
I would say x1K to x10K depending on the type of name.
:o 1k=1,10,100,1000?

Last edited by 555; 6th September 2006 at 05:52 PM..
Old 30th August 2006, 06:20 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive

1k = 1000
Old 30th August 2006, 06:22 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefabfive
1k = 1000

Wow, we've reached new heights! :p
Old 30th August 2006, 06:22 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

Dont do this to me...lol

i mean how can u even optimistically think it can go from today's numbers to x 1000

(Estimated time frame on it? no need for exact date...month range...lol)
Old 30th August 2006, 06:24 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 261275
:o 1k=1,10,100,1000?
K is abbreviation for 1000. There x1000 to x10,000. Yes introduction of IE7 will increase the amount of enabled browser only by say x30, but this is only part of the problem. When content comes on line as public awareness increases, there are going to be massive increases in traffic that have little directly to do with the penetration of IE 7.
Old 30th August 2006, 06:28 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

$80 x 1000 = $80,000...not too bad
sorry but i cant even imagine it going to x 1000 (even in 2yrs from today) and i would LOVE to be dead wrong
Old 30th August 2006, 06:33 PM

tee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enough

When that happens many on this forum will be accused on getting a botox treatment because of the permanent smile

the browser stats list IE7 for august as increasing to 2.0% up from 1.9%, however it seems traffic has jumped more than that, jmo

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

tee1
Old 30th August 2006, 06:49 PM

TrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished road

My Thai traffic names are already surging by 2-3 times for many domains during the last week or so. Thais love to adopt new technology and once one uses a new technology ,we will tell at least 10 of our freinds and they will go on and tell their freinds (ie quick multiplier effect). Those that don't adopt new technology are looked down on as backward, everyone wants to be trendy in Thailand plus Thais are extremely nationalistic. Hence, I expect the Thai market to move faster than many other languages in the near term.

Quote:
Old 30th August 2006, 07:43 PM

Explorer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficDomainer
My Thai traffic names are already surging by 2-3 times for many domains during the last week or so. Thais love to adopt new technology and once one uses a new technology ,we will tell at least 10 of our freinds and they will go on and tell their freinds (ie quick multiplier effect). Those that don't adopt new technology are looked down on as backward, everyone wants to be trendy in Thailand plus Thais are extremely nationalistic. Hence, I expect the Thai market to move faster than many other languages in the near term.
Well, I am hoping/guestimating for 10x current traffic by the end of 2007.