IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st August 2006, 02:32 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: you are a millionaire idners if ............

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose
I agree! Everyone that has been trading stocks knows about that. You should sell just before news are out, when speculation peaks.
That's all very well but the real buying hasn't even started yet! Besides we are only just recovering from the Stockmarket and Oil Price related slump, according to Touchring.

My advice is that if you are a wizard at the Stock Market, perhaps thats where you spend your time and money.
Old 31st August 2006, 02:37 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

so...

RD says somewhere from 1000+ x multiplier

and Touch is going for 10 x multiplier

glad you two agree again. :p
Old 31st August 2006, 02:44 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale
so...

RD says somewhere from 1000+ x multiplier

and Touch is going for 10 x multiplier

glad you two agree again. :p
Well I am top down which makes me a potential seller. He is bottom up which makes him a potential buyer. Obviously buyers would have a vested interest in panicking people into selling before IE 7 is released, however weak the rationale of their arguments is. Anyway, what I am twittering on for? I have sold $13,500 in the last two weeks, under current market conditions. How much have those bitching about the prices actually bought in the secondary market during that period? Yes, I think there you have your answer!
Old 31st August 2006, 02:48 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Well I am top down which makes me a potential seller. He is bottom up which makes him a potential buyer. Obviously buyers would have a vested interest in panicking people into selling before IE 7 is released, however weak the rationale of their arguments is. Anyway, what I am twittering on for? I have sold $13,500 in the last two weeks, under current market conditions. How much have those bitching about the prices actually bought in the secondary market during that period? Yes, I think there you have your answer!
If you are accusing Touch of playing down the estimate for his personal gain, then the same arguement must fit yourself in reverse...

.. but that is not why i posted and we are not going to get into a bun-fight.

My point was it is interesting observing the different outlooks.

Time will be the judge..
Old 31st August 2006, 02:55 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale
If you are accusing Touch of playing down the estimate for his personal gain, then the same arguement must fit yourself in reverse...

.. but that is not why i posted and we are not going to get into a bun-fight.

My point was it is interesting observing the different outlooks.

Time will be the judge..
I accept that I am on firmly on one side of the argument and may therefore be biased.

The time will tell argument, however, doesn't hold. Sellers are making a few bob here and there to cover their renewals out into the comfort zone and fund a bit of development at the moment. That is rational because the only way cash can be generated at present is through sales. As soon as cashflow turns positive, the one thing that won't be rational is to sell anything at all at any price. So time won't really tell, and time is one thing nobody has to spare.
Old 31st August 2006, 03:13 PM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

I have more or less stopped registering, I occasionally sell the odd name to slowy renew names for 1,2,3,5 & 10 years I have no intention of selling for at least 2,3,5 & 10 years years. Admittedly a small group of names but good names nontheless.
I am thinking that in 12 months I wont be able to be persuaded to part with even the worst of the worst in my portfolio because it is generating X amount through parking and would be folly to do so...

I think from a sellers perspective and someone who wont be selling anything in about 6,8,12 months (Hopefully of course) that if people who want into the game had better buy themselves a piece of the action in the very near future as it wont be possible to buy anything for love nor money.

Sure it's nice to sell the odd name now and that eases renewals somewhat but I forsee that not being an option in 12 months...
Old 31st August 2006, 04:39 PM

markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnowner
Anyway, the $5K offers that I've received - I'm confident they would have closed, if I was agreeable!
Anytime, idnowner!
LMK whenever you wnat to do it.
Old 31st August 2006, 10:31 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
That's all very well but the real buying hasn't even started yet!.
Possible, they haven't announced IE7 impending launch to the world anyway. Anyway, just speculation, but surely, many sellers here are waiting for that spurt. A lot also has to do with how M$ is going to advertisement IDNs.

Quote:

Not exactly, i'm both buyer and seller, and i sold more $ than i paid via registration or bought from secondary market. It makes sense to sell when the market is hot - IE7's impending launch. Of cos selling means selling at whatever price you want, not asking you to dump. :p

As for 10x multiplier, that's my answer to Jose's question of "if you are millionaire idner....", and besides, Explorer is also basing on that multiplier for a portfolio with both latins, asians and arabics. It's how we use to track our own achievements so far, and not a valuation method for speculation purpose.

Last edited by touchring; 31st August 2006 at 10:53 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 1st September 2006, 07:51 AM
Veteran

[QUOTE=touchring]Possible, they haven't announced IE7 impending launch to the world anyway. Anyway, just speculation, but surely, many sellers here are waiting for that spurt. A lot also has to do with how M$ is going to advertisement IDNs.

Shops sell when customers come through the door. Shops discount when they don't.
Old 5th March 2007, 10:15 PM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

If you got one listed at the Traffics Auction
Old 5th March 2007, 10:34 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegenius1
If you got one listed at the Traffics Auction
I actually got one listed, but somehow it doesn't make me feel a millionaire. In fact, I feel as though someone is trying to make a schmuck out of me. But I am probably just being paranoid. It is unlikely to be anything personal, so I guess they just clearing the decks for the usually smoke and mirrors display.
Old 24th October 2007, 04:54 PM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

If you drop all your IDN names