IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Parking and Affiliate Programs > Sedo

Sedo For discussion of Sedo's parking program.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 16th May 2010, 07:25 PM
dabsi's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 458
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 0
dabsi is a tad dodgydabsi is a tad dodgydabsi is a tad dodgy
Re: Thanks Sedo

have a nice week All
And concentrate on domaining.
Dabsi

Thanks Sedo
Thanks Las Vegas
Thanks Martini
Thanks Bionade
Thanks Puppy
Thanks Tartare
Tnaks Croissant
__________________
www.goldenidn.com ONLY premium domains
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 16th May 2010, 09:00 PM
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 7,495
iTrader: (65)
Rep Power: 2649
blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough
Re: Thanks Sedo

Blame Rubber Duck.


Last edited by blastfromthepast; 16th May 2010 at 09:13 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 6th October 2010, 03:53 PM
bumblebee man's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,620
iTrader: (16)
Rep Power: 2845
bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about
Re: Thanks Sedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert View Post
I have just cornered a SEDO rep, and she wants me to produce some examples of the problems with their current search system. So if you can come up with some complaints and list them here, I'll take her through them after the live auction finishes.
1) No "IDNs only" filter.

2) I try to search for "xn-" instead:

You have entered an invalid character. Domain names may only contain letters, numbers and hyphens (-). All other special characters are not available in a domain name.

3) when entering a Latin IDN term the EXACT term will show up somewhere way behind the ASCII-version and various domains which include the ASCII-version plus some other shit words or even numbers attached to it

Example:
I entered "teléfono". On the first page I'm getting:

telefonos.es
videotelefono.es
tutelefono.es
liberartelefono.es
telefonotactil.es
telefonosonline.es
radiotelefonos.es
liberartelefonos.es
telefonostactiles.es
telefonoonline.es
telefonos900.es
telefonoumts.com
telefonored.com
telefonopublico.com
telefonoportatil.com
telefononet.com
telefonolibre.com
telefonoguia.com
telefonofijo.com
tarjetastelefono.com
redtelefono.com
microtelefono.com
llamadastelefono.com
liberartelefono.com
guiatelefono.com
cinetelefono.com
itelefono.com
telefonosmail.com
telefonosfijos.com
tarjetastelefonos.com
redtelefonos.com
melodiastelefonos.com
logotelefonos.com
logostelefonos.com
liberartelefonos.com
guiatelefonos.com
guiastelefonos.com
directoriotelefonos.com
montepiotelefonos.com
etelefonos.com
telefono.org
telefonotaxis.es
telefonoporno.es
telefonostaxis.es
telefonowireless.com
telefonoswireless.com
telefonowifi.es
telefonosatelite.es
telefonoadsl.es
buscartelefono.es

2nd page:

buscadortelefono.es
apuestastelefono.es
telefonosantiguos.es
guiatelefonos.es
telefono-internet.com
telefonointernacional.com
red-telefono.com
i-telefono.com
e-telefono.com
telefonos-digitales.com
melodias-telefonos.com
guia-telefonos.com
guias-telefonos.com
e-telefonos.com
ofertatelefono.es
itelefono.es
teléfono.es

If I wanted a domain without accent I'd be entering the terms without the accent. If I wanted numbers and shit words attached to it I'd be searching it with numbers and shit terms attached to it. I certainly don't enter a term with accents only to find out that the exact match domain name shows up behind all this shit.

This gets even worse if the ASCII-Version is an English word. You won't find a single IDN within top 1000 results for "téléphone". I didn't bother to look any further as it is crystal clear that it is totally pointless to enter accents if they get ignored anyway.

4) I enter a Chinese term: 电脑.

All Domains Matching your Search Criteria

电脑.com

This domain name is available to be registered. Sedo recommends our partner 1and1. Act now before someone else does!


squawvalleyresort.com
cookinglowfat.com
skatingstore.com
geodomaininvestor.com
pudanet.com
orderproducts.com
gourmetbreads.com
ancienthealing.com
usedcarbuyers.com
bulkdeals.com
bostonphoneservice.com
ceisa.com
nebentaetigkeit.com
myreeftank.com
badereise.com
tjbullfight.com
loosetheweight.com
legalperson.com
alpsee.com
glasspoolfences.com
barrengold.com
deathshow.com
buyelectrictoothbrush.com
valleysurf.com
ojaj.com
reginasalomao.com
netbetsports.com
99sites.com
slashburn.com
reverseplanning.com
woodysqc.com
dailymuslim.com
littlelong.com
liberateyourlife.com
soulplex.com
itsthenews.com
ibizaweather.com
cloudrails.com
dyaj.com
kitehq.com
hotelrodez.com
cheapflightsitaly.com
carrentalpasadena.com
calamesquida.com
affordablecouture.com
plierstapler.com
naturalcoloncleaner.com
inexpensivetreadmill.com
beanbagashtray.com
hypnosisexpert.com

It's not that it is difficult to search for IDNs on Sedo. It doesn't fucking work at all.
__________________
These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others. - Groucho Marx
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 6th October 2010, 05:17 PM
alexd's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Athens Greece
Posts: 1,375
iTrader: (21)
Rep Power: 1876
alexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enough
Re: Thanks Sedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee man View Post
1) This domain name is available to be registered. Sedo recommends our partner 1and1. [B]Act now before someone else does!
I'd rather skin myself with a blunt butter knife and then roll around on a bed of salt - than conduct any business at all with 1and1 !!

I still have nightmares about the constant problems I always had with them when I made the mistake of using them for hosting.
__________________
"Is it my imagination, or do really good-looking women walk a lot faster than everybody else?"
Words of wisdom from George Costanza

Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 6th October 2010, 05:30 PM
bumblebee man's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,620
iTrader: (16)
Rep Power: 2845
bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about
Re: Thanks Sedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee man View Post
It's not that it is difficult to search for IDNs on Sedo. It doesn't fucking work at all.
I have to correct myself: Of course it works perfectly with German umlauts.

__________________
These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others. - Groucho Marx
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 6th October 2010, 06:38 PM
sarcle's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 3,717
iTrader: (22)
Rep Power: 1698
sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
Re: Thanks Sedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee man View Post
Of course it works perfectly with German umlauts.
What are umlauts?
__________________
I can hear the death rattle of fiat from here...
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 6th October 2010, 07:36 PM
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 7,495
iTrader: (65)
Rep Power: 2649
blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough
Re: Thanks Sedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle View Post
What are umlauts?
The two dots above the ü.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 6th October 2010 at 07:38 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 6th October 2010, 07:40 PM
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 7,495
iTrader: (65)
Rep Power: 2649
blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough
Re: Thanks Sedo


Last edited by blastfromthepast; 6th October 2010 at 07:52 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 6th October 2010, 07:49 PM
bumblebee man's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,620
iTrader: (16)
Rep Power: 2845
bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about
Re: Thanks Sedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle View Post
What are umlauts?
ä,ö,ü
__________________
These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others. - Groucho Marx
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 6th October 2010, 08:25 PM
Semi-retired
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Blighty
Posts: 5,527
iTrader: (57)
Rep Power: 3100
alpha has disabled reputation
Re: Thanks Sedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee man View Post
1) No "IDNs only" filter.

2) I try to search for "xn-" instead:

You have entered an invalid character. Domain names may only contain letters, numbers and hyphens (-). All other special characters are not available in a domain name.

3) when entering a Latin IDN term the EXACT term will show up somewhere way behind the ASCII-version and various domains which include the ASCII-version plus some other shit words or even numbers attached to it

Example:
I entered "teléfono". On the first page I'm getting:

telefonos.es
videotelefono.es
tutelefono.es
liberartelefono.es
telefonotactil.es
telefonosonline.es
radiotelefonos.es
liberartelefonos.es
telefonostactiles.es
telefonoonline.es
telefonos900.es
telefonoumts.com
telefonored.com
telefonopublico.com
telefonoportatil.com
telefononet.com
telefonolibre.com
telefonoguia.com
telefonofijo.com
tarjetastelefono.com
redtelefono.com
microtelefono.com
llamadastelefono.com
liberartelefono.com
guiatelefono.com
cinetelefono.com
itelefono.com
telefonosmail.com
telefonosfijos.com
tarjetastelefonos.com
redtelefonos.com
melodiastelefonos.com
logotelefonos.com
logostelefonos.com
liberartelefonos.com
guiatelefonos.com
guiastelefonos.com
directoriotelefonos.com
montepiotelefonos.com
etelefonos.com
telefono.org
telefonotaxis.es
telefonoporno.es
telefonostaxis.es
telefonowireless.com
telefonoswireless.com
telefonowifi.es
telefonosatelite.es
telefonoadsl.es
buscartelefono.es

2nd page:

buscadortelefono.es
apuestastelefono.es
telefonosantiguos.es
guiatelefonos.es
telefono-internet.com
telefonointernacional.com
red-telefono.com
i-telefono.com
e-telefono.com
telefonos-digitales.com
melodias-telefonos.com
guia-telefonos.com
guias-telefonos.com
e-telefonos.com
ofertatelefono.es
itelefono.es
teléfono.es

If I wanted a domain without accent I'd be entering the terms without the accent. If I wanted numbers and shit words attached to it I'd be searching it with numbers and shit terms attached to it. I certainly don't enter a term with accents only to find out that the exact match domain name shows up behind all this shit.

This gets even worse if the ASCII-Version is an English word. You won't find a single IDN within top 1000 results for "téléphone". I didn't bother to look any further as it is crystal clear that it is totally pointless to enter accents if they get ignored anyway.

4) I enter a Chinese term: 电脑.

All Domains Matching your Search Criteria

电脑.com

This domain name is available to be registered. Sedo recommends our partner 1and1. Act now before someone else does!


squawvalleyresort.com
cookinglowfat.com
skatingstore.com
geodomaininvestor.com
pudanet.com
orderproducts.com
gourmetbreads.com
ancienthealing.com
usedcarbuyers.com
bulkdeals.com
bostonphoneservice.com
ceisa.com
nebentaetigkeit.com
myreeftank.com
badereise.com
tjbullfight.com
loosetheweight.com
legalperson.com
alpsee.com
glasspoolfences.com
barrengold.com
deathshow.com
buyelectrictoothbrush.com
valleysurf.com
ojaj.com
reginasalomao.com
netbetsports.com
99sites.com
slashburn.com
reverseplanning.com
woodysqc.com
dailymuslim.com
littlelong.com
liberateyourlife.com
soulplex.com
itsthenews.com
ibizaweather.com
cloudrails.com
dyaj.com
kitehq.com
hotelrodez.com
cheapflightsitaly.com
carrentalpasadena.com
calamesquida.com
affordablecouture.com
plierstapler.com
naturalcoloncleaner.com
inexpensivetreadmill.com
beanbagashtray.com
hypnosisexpert.com

It's not that it is difficult to search for IDNs on Sedo. It doesn't fucking work at all.
try posting a reply to this blog post, it certainly caught one of their guys attention last time, as they proudly announced their improved search functionality.
Reply With Quote
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 7th October 2010, 01:35 AM
sarcle's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 3,717
iTrader: (22)
Rep Power: 1698
sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
Re: Thanks Sedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee man View Post
ä,ö,ü
Oh, I just always called them, "the letters with the dot thingies above them". Thanks.
__________________
I can hear the death rattle of fiat from here...
Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 7th October 2010, 02:58 AM
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 7,495
iTrader: (65)
Rep Power: 2649
blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough
Re: Thanks Sedo

What does Sedo have against other languages/cultures?

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 7th October 2010 at 02:59 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 9th January 2011, 06:07 AM
Drewbert's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,091
iTrader: (20)
Rep Power: 0
Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy
Re: Thanks Sedo

Some of this has been fixed now?


Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee man View Post
1) No "IDNs only" filter.

2) I try to search for "xn-" instead:

You have entered an invalid character. Domain names may only contain letters, numbers and hyphens (-). All other special characters are not available in a domain name.

3) when entering a Latin IDN term the EXACT term will show up somewhere way behind the ASCII-version and various domains which include the ASCII-version plus some other shit words or even numbers attached to it

Example:
I entered "teléfono". On the first page I'm getting:

telefonos.es
videotelefono.es
tutelefono.es
liberartelefono.es
telefonotactil.es
telefonosonline.es
radiotelefonos.es
liberartelefonos.es
telefonostactiles.es
telefonoonline.es
telefonos900.es
telefonoumts.com
telefonored.com
telefonopublico.com
telefonoportatil.com
telefononet.com
telefonolibre.com
telefonoguia.com
telefonofijo.com
tarjetastelefono.com
redtelefono.com
microtelefono.com
llamadastelefono.com
liberartelefono.com
guiatelefono.com
cinetelefono.com
itelefono.com
telefonosmail.com
telefonosfijos.com
tarjetastelefonos.com
redtelefonos.com
melodiastelefonos.com
logotelefonos.com
logostelefonos.com
liberartelefonos.com
guiatelefonos.com
guiastelefonos.com
directoriotelefonos.com
montepiotelefonos.com
etelefonos.com
telefono.org
telefonotaxis.es
telefonoporno.es
telefonostaxis.es
telefonowireless.com
telefonoswireless.com
telefonowifi.es
telefonosatelite.es
telefonoadsl.es
buscartelefono.es

2nd page:

buscadortelefono.es
apuestastelefono.es
telefonosantiguos.es
guiatelefonos.es
telefono-internet.com
telefonointernacional.com
red-telefono.com
i-telefono.com
e-telefono.com
telefonos-digitales.com
melodias-telefonos.com
guia-telefonos.com
guias-telefonos.com
e-telefonos.com
ofertatelefono.es
itelefono.es
teléfono.es

If I wanted a domain without accent I'd be entering the terms without the accent. If I wanted numbers and shit words attached to it I'd be searching it with numbers and shit terms attached to it. I certainly don't enter a term with accents only to find out that the exact match domain name shows up behind all this shit.

This gets even worse if the ASCII-Version is an English word. You won't find a single IDN within top 1000 results for "téléphone". I didn't bother to look any further as it is crystal clear that it is totally pointless to enter accents if they get ignored anyway.

4) I enter a Chinese term: 电脑.

All Domains Matching your Search Criteria

电脑.com

This domain name is available to be registered. Sedo recommends our partner 1and1. Act now before someone else does!


squawvalleyresort.com
cookinglowfat.com
skatingstore.com
geodomaininvestor.com
pudanet.com
orderproducts.com
gourmetbreads.com
ancienthealing.com
usedcarbuyers.com
bulkdeals.com
bostonphoneservice.com
ceisa.com
nebentaetigkeit.com
myreeftank.com
badereise.com
tjbullfight.com
loosetheweight.com
legalperson.com
alpsee.com
glasspoolfences.com
barrengold.com
deathshow.com
buyelectrictoothbrush.com
valleysurf.com
ojaj.com
reginasalomao.com
netbetsports.com
99sites.com
slashburn.com
reverseplanning.com
woodysqc.com
dailymuslim.com
littlelong.com
liberateyourlife.com
soulplex.com
itsthenews.com
ibizaweather.com
cloudrails.com
dyaj.com
kitehq.com
hotelrodez.com
cheapflightsitaly.com
carrentalpasadena.com
calamesquida.com
affordablecouture.com
plierstapler.com
naturalcoloncleaner.com
inexpensivetreadmill.com
beanbagashtray.com
hypnosisexpert.com

It's not that it is difficult to search for IDNs on Sedo. It doesn't fucking work at all.
__________________
It's all jaded style to me.
Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 9th January 2011, 06:31 AM
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 7,495
iTrader: (65)
Rep Power: 2649
blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough
Re: Thanks Sedo

Still can't search for Chinese characters reliably.
Japanese Kana seems to be searchable.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 9th January 2011 at 06:31 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old 9th January 2011, 07:27 AM
Ryu's Avatar
Ryu Ryu is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,158
iTrader: (14)
Rep Power: 949
Ryu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished road
Re: Thanks Sedo

I just searched Japanese IDNs at Sedo and was presented by this:

judō.com


Last edited by Ryu; 9th January 2011 at 07:30 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #36 (permalink)  
Old 10th January 2011, 10:12 AM
bumblebee man's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,620
iTrader: (16)
Rep Power: 2845
bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about
Re: Thanks Sedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert View Post
Some of this has been fixed now?
teléfono

teléfono.es
telefono.es
teléfono.com
teléfono.com.es
teléfonos.es
telefonos.es
videoteléfono.es
teléfonosmoviles.es
teléfonoerótico.es
videotelefono.es

This is the way it should be. Teléfono.es is the number one result. Also note that the IDN version always shows up before the ascii version. If you search for "telefono" however there you won't see any IDN.

téléphone

achetertelephone.fr
téléphone.co
achattelephone.fr
voyancetelephone.fr
videotelephone.fr
ventetelephone.fr
telephonevoip.fr
telephoneumts.fr
telephonemaison.fr
telephoneinverse.fr
telephonegps.fr
telephonefilaire.fr
telephonefax.fr
telephonedect.fr
telephoneadsl.fr
sexetelephone.fr
numerotelephone.fr
jeuxtelephone.fr
jeutelephone.fr
groupetelephone.fr
adsltelephone.fr
123telephone.fr
woodtelephone.com
westtelephone.com
votretelephone.com
vermonttelephone.com
traveltelephone.com
traintelephone.com
toytelephone.com
texastelephone.com
telephonework.com

Rather disappointing. They noticed that it's a French word, so they show a lot of .fr names containing telephone. Only one IDN (téléphone.co) on page one. Behind French ascii .fr there's an awful lot of French and English ascii .com.

Börse

börse.eu
zentralbörse.de
truckerbörse.de
treckerbörse.de
tattoobörse.de
rinderbörse.de
reptilbörse.de
pelletbörse.de
neubaubörse.de
motorenbörse.de
mediabörse.de
lagerbörse.de
kleinbörse.de
kapitalbörse.de
hostbörse.de
golfbörse.de
freizeitbörse.de
erfolgsbörse.de
dtbörse.de
cyberbörse.de
cloudbörse.de
smsbörse.de
milchbörse.de
bootbörse.de

Showing IDN only. Exact match on top. The others seem pretty random exept for the .de extension.

онлайн

порноонлайн.com
читатьонлайн.com
телевидениеонлайн.com
новинкионлайн.com
онлайнбесплатно.com
киноонлайн.com
просмотронлайн.com
мультфильмыонлайн.com
бесплатноеонлайн.com
трансляциионлайн.com
девушкионлайн.com

Looking good. v



All domains that match your search:

multi-shop-service.de
ihr-hausfreund.de
medicalstudio.de
m-agentur.de
reptilplanet.de
edelstahl-profis.de
die-sonnenuhr.de

Hopeless.

So yes, some of this has been fixed. I have no idea why you can actually search in Russian but not in Chinese but this must be Sedo logic. As for Latin IDNs it does look a lot better than before.

Their algorythm prefers:
  • exact match over broad match
  • IDN over ASCII (when entered with IDN characters)
  • ccTLD over gTLD

with too much emphasis on the latter imo.
__________________
These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others. - Groucho Marx
Reply With Quote
  #37 (permalink)  
Old 10th January 2011, 09:33 PM
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 7,495
iTrader: (65)
Rep Power: 2649
blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough
Re: Thanks Sedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee man View Post
So yes, some of this has been fixed. I have no idea why you can actually search in Russian but not in Chinese but this must be Sedo logic. As for Latin IDNs it does look a lot better than before.
I have a technical explaination. They hand coded in the characters for each language.

But they were lazy.

So, things like Japanese kana, and Cyrillic, are included. But Chinese characters, just too many of them to put in there, and how do you know where to get a list of all of them? Simple, don't put them in the search algorithm at all.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:56 PM.

Site Sponsors
Your ad here
buy idns
domain name lawyer
buy t-shirt
מחיר הזהב

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0
Copyright idnforums.com 2005

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54