IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th May 2010, 02:17 AM

chrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished road
london olympic mascots wtf

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/...441/story.html
Old 20th May 2010, 02:27 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Re: london olympic mascots wtf

Genetically Malfunctioned Teletubbies
Old 20th May 2010, 03:35 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

wow - time to get back to the UK - seems another "summer of acid love" is in the offing
Old 20th May 2010, 04:45 AM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

<omg>makes me proud to be British</omg>
Old 20th May 2010, 06:31 AM

alexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enough

Looks like a pair of dancing vibrators to me. What were the designers ( if you can call them that ) thinking ??

Old 20th May 2010, 07:27 PM
Semi-retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexd View Post
..What were the designers ( if you can call them that ) thinking ??
the same thing I expect that the designers of the main logo were.

If it's not blindingly obvious what you're looking at in a nano second, then it failed.

and at a cost of £400,000 this one is a fail of epic proportions.
Old 20th May 2010, 07:35 PM

alexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha View Post
the same thing I expect that the designers of the main logo were.

If it's not blindingly obvious what you're looking at in a nano second, then it failed.

and at a cost of £400,000 this one is a fail of epic proportions.
How can anyone justify spending £400,000 on that ??

Are those colours supposed to send you into a brief but painful seizure ?? Its times like these that colourblindness isn't a bad thing.

Alex

Old 20th May 2010, 08:15 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Go Lisa!
Old 20th May 2010, 08:29 PM

sbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enough

OK ..holding the Brits to the standards set with the $400 million budget the Chinese went with for their opening and closing ceremonies is NOT on the table.

but the Canadians and the Aussies went with good humor that was endearing to the nationals and very entertaining to the visitors.

The dildo and tele-tubbie and CCTV comments are likely to be viral fodder on the social networks in a matter of hours/ days.

I guess the Spice girls will be the final torch bearers in the stadium for the Olympic flame lighting ??

I imagine several hundred Page 3 girls are ready for the torch run from Greece, once the RSB gets its loan repayment schedule set up.

Hope the organizers don't go with the 2 large strawberrys and canned whip cream at Wimbledon's behest to not be undersold .

Has Prince Charles done his customary rant on modern obtuse architecture for the venues yet ?

s/
Old 20th May 2010, 08:54 PM

bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha View Post
blindingly obvious
obviously blind.
Old 20th May 2010, 09:15 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbe18 View Post
OK ..holding the Brits to the standards set with the $400 million budget the Chinese went with for their opening and closing ceremonies is NOT on the table. but the Canadians and the Aussies went with good humor that was endearing to the nationals and very entertaining to the visitors.

The dildo and tele-tubbie and CCTV comments are likely to be viral fodder on the social networks in a matter of hours/ days. I guess the Spice girls will be the final torch bearers in the stadium for the Olympic flame lighting ??

I imagine several hundred Page 3 girls are ready for the torch run from Greece, once the RSB gets its loan repayment schedule set up. Hope the organizers don't go with the 2 large strawberrys and canned whip cream at Wimbledon's behest to not be undersold. Has Prince Charles done his customary rant on modern obtuse architecture for the venues yet ?
s/
This is surely going to be a great Olympics, and I mean that sincerely...I wouldn't even try and top the Chinese,
they have set the bar in freakin' orbit. If anything a parody of the traditional Olympic grand opening done with
a Monty Python twist could be incredibly entertaining, and be a whole unique opener all its own. Frankly, after an
hour the Winter Olympics opener was pretty boring, unless you were there I guess. And it does seem to appear
that you Brits are already setting the stage and pushing the envelope for some unique humour to come. :p

Last edited by bwhhisc; 20th May 2010 at 09:19 PM..
Old 21st May 2010, 03:55 AM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

I seem to remember David Beckham kicking a ball off the top of a London bus in China .. Nice, can hardly wait.
Old 21st May 2010, 03:55 AM

htmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc View Post
Genetically Malfunctioned Teletubbies
Actually, here in the land of Oz, I read in the newspapers yesterday that they were calling it the 2 sperms that got away
Old 21st May 2010, 10:19 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
How can anyone justify spending £400,000 on that ??

Are those colours supposed to send you into a brief but painful seizure ?? Its times like these that colourblindness isn't a bad thing.

Alex

haha, alex failed the test. lol
Old 21st May 2010, 10:33 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

I am not sure about the logo but there does appear to be a lot of uniformed opinion here. For a start the colours and the logo change all the time. The only real constant are the basic geometric shapes that can be constantly remodelled to produce different images. Like it or loath it, at least attempt comprehension before critisizing.

As for the mascots, they have no doubt been market researched for their target market. If you are actually going to go out and buy one for yourself then your opinion is relavent. If you are going to be pressured into buying one by your child, then your child's opinion is relavent. If not, who cares what you think!

As for the generally marketing thing. Does London really have to worry about that? It's the Olympics for Christ Sake, everyone is going to have to turn up anyway. The only people London have to satisfy are the Olympic Committee, that they have met the requirements of their bid. It is not like, they are going to get the Games again for another 50 years.

Frankly, you are starting to sound like a bunch of AscII domainers locked in their narrow mindsets.
Old 21st May 2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
I am not sure about the logo but there does appear to be a lot of uniformed opinion here. For a start the colours and the logo change all the time. The only real constant are the basic geometric shapes that can be constantly remodelled to produce different images. Like it or loath it, at least attempt comprehension before critisizing.

As for the mascots, they have no doubt been market researched for their target market. If you are actually going to go out and buy one for yourself then your opinion is relavent. If you are going to be pressured into buying one by your child, then your child's opinion is relavent. If not, who cares what you think!

As for the generally marketing thing. Does London really have to worry about that? It's the Olympics for Christ Sake, everyone is going to have to turn up anyway. The only people London have to satisfy are the Olympic Committee, that they have met the requirements of their bid. It is not like, they are going to get the Games again for another 50 years.

Frankly, you are starting to sound like a bunch of AscII domainers locked in their narrow mindsets.
Woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning ??

Old 21st May 2010, 02:49 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning ??
Who kidnapped RD and replaced him with last year's model?
Old 21st May 2010, 05:01 PM
Semi-retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post

Interesting commentary RD, interesting perspective, thanks for sharing it with us.

It's still a logo that looks like it was drawn by someone with a crayon between their toes.
Old 21st May 2010, 05:04 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

is anyone seeing what i'm seeing? 2 persons in that logo? lol
Old 21st May 2010, 06:09 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring View Post
is anyone seeing what i'm seeing? 2 persons in that logo? lol
I saw that but then I'm perverted.

Looks like the Olympics guy is trying to put that "middle block" in the London Girl from behind.

Also who are the English trying to be with their mascots? I think Japan owns the market on these kinds of oddities.