IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th May 2010, 11:59 PM

dave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished road
AdSense revenue share 68%

Hi,

Interesting news. Google pays 68% of the revenue collected from advertisers.

I always assumed that its 40 to us 60 Google.

http://adsense.blogspot.com/2010/05/...+International

"This means we pay 68% of the revenue that we collect from advertisers for AdSense for content ads that appear on your sites."

"We pay our AdSense for search partners a 51% revenue share"
Old 25th May 2010, 01:41 AM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice
Re: AdSense revenue share 68%

68% of what? Thats the question. My quality score, that's what I want to know and that's what is hurting my profits the most.

Last edited by jose; 25th May 2010 at 01:41 AM..
Old 25th May 2010, 03:56 AM

Domain Stryker is an unknown quantity at this point

Heheh this reminds me about the blog post Google made in regards to click fraud some 3 years ago. I believe they quoted something like $1 billion in clicks / year is click fraud but industry insiders know it's much more than that. Same thing here, really... It's not 68% or 51% it's a fraction of that but hey, it's still better than nothing

Last edited by Domain Stryker; 25th May 2010 at 03:57 AM..
Old 25th May 2010, 05:06 AM

Ryu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domain Stryker View Post
It's not 68% or 51% it's a fraction of that but hey, it's still better than nothing
I guess that's too much of a conspiracy theory.
Old 25th May 2010, 05:59 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

As ever, the pertinent question is "why now?" - Google has refused to name percentages since the beginning. Why now?
Old 25th May 2010, 06:29 PM

Domain Stryker is an unknown quantity at this point

Why now.... ? well, it's definitely not because they are feeling nice or anything like that

They have no competition from YPN since that is now gone... Only other reason for them to open up is because something huge is going on behind the scenes and that is really not that big of a surprise because there seems to be an increase in lawsuits filed all over the world VS. "google the almighty" and even governments are grilling them about many of it's policies where they say one thing but do the complete opposite.
Old 25th May 2010, 07:33 PM
Administrator

bramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bramiozo Send a message via Skype™ to bramiozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
As ever, the pertinent question is "why now?" - Google has refused to name percentages since the beginning. Why now?
It has also been mysteriously difficult to get CTR figures, finally in Q3 of 2010 they are supposed to make both the number of clicks and the number of exact searches available in one API. If it get's delayed again I will put on my aluminium hat.