IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th June 2010, 11:39 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough
Pengyou.com/.net sells for $200K

Friend in pinyin.

Wonder if 朋友.com will attract attention, owned by TDC.
Old 28th June 2010, 12:20 PM

tee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enough
Re: Pengyou.com/.net sells for $200K

Interesting and Investment.net only sold for $25,000.

Pengyou.net vs Investment.net @ IDNPlace

Last edited by tee1; 28th June 2010 at 08:25 PM..
Old 28th June 2010, 12:36 PM

alexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enough

You'd imagine that sometime in the future, the IDN version of that will be worth at least 5 times the value of what the ASCII sold for.

Old 28th June 2010, 03:22 PM

g is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexd View Post
You'd imagine that sometime in the future, the IDN version of that will be worth at least 5 times the value of what the ASCII sold for.
I don't think so , simple reason is that I don't expect that an IDN will receive more traffic than the ASCII version even in the near future

till now top arabic IDNs are being sold for x,xxx$ !!

the increase of value of IDNs will depend on number of IDNs registered and number of IDNs developed, up till now the dot.biz and dot.info have more names registered at them
Old 28th June 2010, 04:34 PM

chrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by g View Post
I don't think so , simple reason is that I don't expect that an IDN will receive more traffic than the ASCII version even in the near future

the increase of value of IDNs will depend on number of IDNs registered and number of IDNs developed, up till now the dot.biz and dot.info have more names registered at them
I agree
Old 28th June 2010, 04:46 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I think pengyou.com is not purchased for its traffic. I doubt it will have more than 100 natural type-in a day.
Old 28th June 2010, 07:07 PM

tee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring View Post
I think pengyou.com is not purchased for its traffic. I doubt it will have more than 100 natural type-in a day.
probably not near that many natural types- in a day, maybe in a month, maybe.

"pengyou” has unique monthly searches totally 2,900"
Old 28th June 2010, 11:08 PM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee1 View Post

Peng you 60,500

朋友 2,740,000

Last edited by Wot; 28th June 2010 at 11:10 PM..
Old 28th June 2010, 11:25 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
And history repeats itself.

Domainers register up a ton of domains in '98. Along comes 2000 and the Internet explodes. Sites are popping up left and right. And this is just an analogy: A guy goes to register a domain to expand his business and and finds out Shop.com was already taken so the guy registers BatteryShop.com and builds a site and sells batteries. Then another company from New England comes along that sells batteries and registers batteryshopne.com and builds a site. So gradually the dollar amount of "Shop.com" and "BatteryShop.com" along with the amount of type-ins grows larger.

It'll be the same with IDN.
Old 29th June 2010, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot View Post
Peng you 60,500

朋友 2,740,000
thanks for the correction wot,
its interesting that mdbg.net doens't translate "peng you"

but it does translate "pengyou" as 朋友
Old 29th June 2010, 06:53 AM

kartik786 is on a distinguished roadkartik786 is on a distinguished roadkartik786 is on a distinguished roadkartik786 is on a distinguished roadkartik786 is on a distinguished roadkartik786 is on a distinguished road

sweet, could you please do the same search analysis and cpc for my chinese mba " 工商管理硕士 " domain ?

or maybe tell me how to do it?

Want to buy generic hindi IDN domains !? PM ME 8)

Last edited by kartik786; 29th June 2010 at 06:55 AM..
Old 29th June 2010, 07:07 AM

mgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartik786 View Post
sweet, could you please do the same search analysis and cpc for my chinese mba " 工商管理硕士 " domain ?

or maybe tell me how to do it?
https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal
https://adwords.google.com/select/Tr...timatorSandbox
Old 29th June 2010, 08:23 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee1 View Post

As a pinyin, Pengyou wouldn't have a lot of Baidu or Google searches pinyin, but Chinese surfers have been conditioned to use pinyin for domains. Baidu itself is pinyin for those who don't know yet. lol
Old 29th June 2010, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring View Post
Baidu itself is pinyin for those who don't know yet.
Right now, it is. Yes.
Old 30th June 2010, 02:18 PM

dotworx is an unknown quantity at this point

According to the WHOIS, I suspect it is Tencent, the largest IM (QQ) provider, who wishes to use the name to build a SNS. So it has nothing to do with the name's search volume or typein.
Old 2nd July 2010, 01:11 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotworx View Post
According to the WHOIS, I suspect it is Tencent, the largest IM (QQ) provider, who wishes to use the name to build a SNS. So it has nothing to do with the name's search volume or typein.
All those things are connected.