IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > 域名

域名 Discussion for Chinese IDN domain names. Chinese domains include .cn, .com, & .net.
This section is for discussion only Please do NOT post Chinese domains for sale here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th July 2010, 12:37 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: China idn ccTLDs are live

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanni View Post
All domains should be live.

Here's one of mine which I've redirected to different sites.

网上聊天.cn
xn--fhQy4Yh14Ar2A.cn
xn--fhQy4Yws3A6fC.cn
xn--fhQy4Yh14Ar2A.xn--fiQs8S
xn--fhQy4Yws3A6fC.xn--fiQs8S
Yes, they will if the DNS records are set. However, that might not be what CNNIC have in mind so don't be surprised to find that they all get reset to the same place.

CNNIC seem to want to do and go much further by giving you all the second level variants as well. You have no access to these at the moment, and it seems that you won't have access to the DNS settings but will get the traffic, if there is any.
Old 12th July 2010, 01:15 PM

andre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
All domains should be live.

Here's one of mine which I've redirected to different sites.

网上聊天.cn
xn--fhQy4Yh14Ar2A.cn
xn--fhQy4Yws3A6fC.cn
xn--fhQy4Yh14Ar2A.xn--fiQs8S
xn--fhQy4Yws3A6fC.xn--fiQs8S
Excellent.

Are you going to do anything with 中國 (xn--fiqz9s)?

André 小山 Schappo
http://ta.gd/zhonghua
Old 12th July 2010, 02:10 PM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre View Post
Excellent.

Are you going to do anything with 中國 (xn--fiqz9s)?

André 小山 Schappo
http://ta.gd/zhonghua
Thanks for reminding me André. I just did.

xn--fhQy4Yh14Ar2A.xn--fiqz9s
xn--fhQy4Yws3A6fC.xn--fiqz9s
Old 12th July 2010, 02:33 PM
Banned

idncurious is a tad dodgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrohan View Post
IDN.com (.net, .biz, .cn etc) have always worked. A few days ago http://宜家.com would have gone to Ikea's site like everywhere else.

The only main thing that has changed is IDN.IDN (.中国) is now in the root. So going to 宜家.中国 will go to a website (if it is regged and configured properly, and as asiaplay has said if you are using a compatible browser).

From what others have said there may have been a hack to redirect .中国 to .com.cn before? Although personally through ISPs i have experienced first hand in the South of China, i never saw this, and always just got an error page, before .中国 started working a few days ago.

Not too sure why you would expect a big increase in traffic to IDN.com. The media reporting has not been that great, and also as Asiaplay has said even with IDN.IDN in the root IDN.IDN still remain unreachable for many users due to browser problems..
Thats cause I misunderstood your original post. Thanks for clarifying it.

(In your original post, I misread it. I thought you said the hack was redirecting idns to the "page not found" including the idn.com.)

Last edited by idncurious; 12th July 2010 at 03:19 PM..
Old 12th July 2010, 06:50 PM

sbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enough

A friend in Shang Hai wrote me that he thought that many gov and edu sites in China are preparing traditional and simplified 3rd level domain sites.

He said many of the universities have ascii dot cn and ascii dot edu dot cn sites, so they are planning to have department sites at dept. university. zhong guo for their
IDN cctld sites.
He thinks that departments that have been at fourth level ascii

dept.university.edu.cn are going to be / are being shifted to

third level IDN addresses manually and not with wildcards.

dept.university.cn in IDN.IDN

He also thinks that there are IDN cctld email server installations that are being implemented / tested ( at least at the universities...primarily) .

He wrote that they may go with user@YYYY.dept.univ.cn IDN's to match current ASCII email schema for students/ alumni with grad year use at 4th level

Granted all the DNS issues within CNNIC make sense, but IDN.IDN email is a big issue to get on track also.

He also wrote that 'www' use in IDN.IDN url's will go away as fast as the 'http:// ' went away from marketing use in China at the end of the 90's.

s/
Old 12th July 2010, 07:03 PM

sbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enough

I have tried to find the 'August' timeframe for HK and for TW via google and baidu ...

to no avail

For Chinese IDNer's please post if you find something, thanks in advance.

I guess IANA will do a midnight install on those 2 also.

Steve
Old 12th July 2010, 07:25 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

Quote:
Thanks for reminding me André. I just did.

xn--fhQy4Yh14Ar2A.xn--fiqz9s
xn--fhQy4Yws3A6fC.xn--fiqz9s
lol ;P
Old 15th July 2010, 07:23 AM

Moneytalks is an unknown quantity at this pointMoneytalks is an unknown quantity at this pointMoneytalks is an unknown quantity at this pointMoneytalks is an unknown quantity at this point

标签.cn (Label.cn) $5000 for sale.
无线网络.cn (WirelessNetwork.cn) $2000 for sale.
or PM your the best price!
Simple Chinese
Registrar:ename.cn
Old 15th July 2010, 01:07 PM

andre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished road

Thank you Moneytalks

Wow I had not expected google to be picking them up so quickly. After years of waiting everything is now happening very quickly.

I have just repeated your google searches and the number of results has already increased significantly

site:.中国 now gives 3010 results
site:.中國 now gives 286 results

André 小山 Schappo
Old 16th July 2010, 10:15 AM

kartik786 is on a distinguished roadkartik786 is on a distinguished roadkartik786 is on a distinguished roadkartik786 is on a distinguished roadkartik786 is on a distinguished roadkartik786 is on a distinguished road

looks like someone who purchased chinese idn.com will be stuck with his names ?

Eg : I have http://xn--czrs8fftfq01au3ewtf.net/ 工商管理硕士 .. is it higher or lower to .cn ?

Looks like Wot owns the dot com of it !

Want to buy generic hindi IDN domains !? PM ME 8)

Last edited by kartik786; 16th July 2010 at 10:18 AM..
Old 17th July 2010, 01:06 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre View Post

site:.中国 now gives 3010 results
site:.中國 now gives 286 results

André 小山 Schappo
3960 & 425 respectively this morning!
Old 17th July 2010, 01:47 AM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast View Post
Yes, you have to add domain.xn--fiqs8s to the nameserver, and then host it, for it to start working.

xn--simplified.cn
xn--traditional.cn
xn--simplified.xn--fiqs8s
xn--traditional.xn--fiqz9s

Can all resolve to different websites.
Finally!

Last edited by IDNCowboy; 17th July 2010 at 01:53 AM..
Old 17th July 2010, 05:06 AM

phio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNCowboy View Post
Finally!
The wait is over! Mainstream no longer means 'English only'

4,850 buzzing upwards...
Old 17th July 2010, 06:28 AM

kartik786 is on a distinguished roadkartik786 is on a distinguished roadkartik786 is on a distinguished roadkartik786 is on a distinguished roadkartik786 is on a distinguished roadkartik786 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
looks like someone who purchased chinese idn.com will be stuck with his names ?

Eg : I have http://xn--czrs8fftfq01au3ewtf.net/ 工商管理硕士 .. is it higher or lower to .cn ?

Looks like Wot owns the dot com of it !
looks like this got completely ignored.. anyone willing to reply to this ?

Old 17th July 2010, 06:52 AM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartik786 View Post
looks like this got completely ignored.. anyone willing to reply to this ?
I refrained from calling you a Wanker in case I had mis-understood what you were trying to say, due to your presumed ethnicity. If you had been American, I would have called you there and then.

Nobody is going to get stuck with IDN dot Coms.

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 17th July 2010 at 06:54 AM..
Old 17th July 2010, 07:24 AM

NameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
It all depends on the language and an ever-evolving landscape of naming systems. The more I see restrictions, tighter requirements, and direct control over an extension, the more likely it seems the .com will prevail in that market, Two examples:

.TH - thnic has extremely tight requirements, entity proof, and more therefore most thais prefer .com
.CN - how much would you invest in .CNs knowing that its registry can and will take names back, change requirements, and re-assign names to whomever, whenever, and however they want.
Old 17th July 2010, 07:36 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NameYourself View Post
.CN - how much would you invest in .CNs knowing that its registry can and will take names back, change requirements, and re-assign names to whomever, whenever, and however they want.
Can you confirm that CNNIC "takes names back" and "re-assign names to whomever, whenever,and however they want"

I thought that shit only happened if you did not comply with the regulations?
Old 17th July 2010, 07:37 AM

Quote:
I refrained from calling you a Wanker in case I had mis-understood what you were trying to say, due to your presumed ethnicity. If you had been American, I would have called you there and then.

I've refrained from calling you a lot many things a lot many times ... everyone isn't like me though so before you get slapped back n forth by some people here for not contributing anything remotely valuable .... learn to respect individuals !

And if you have something to say, don't make statements in air.. give a base to it ... will be appreciated by people around here.

Last edited by kartik786; 17th July 2010 at 07:40 AM..
Old 17th July 2010, 08:09 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NameYourself View Post
It all depends on the language and an ever-evolving landscape of naming systems. The more I see restrictions, tighter requirements, and direct control over an extension, the more likely it seems the .com will prevail in that market, Two examples:

.TH - thnic has extremely tight requirements, entity proof, and more therefore most thais prefer .com
I have never claimed that dot com would dominate everywhere. But even where they do not you should have no problem seeing a good return on your money.
Old 17th July 2010, 08:11 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartik786 View Post
I've refrained from calling you a lot many things a lot many times ... everyone isn't like me though so before you get slapped back n forth by some people here for not contributing anything remotely valuable .... learn to respect individuals !

And if you have something to say, don't make statements in air.. give a base to it ... will be appreciated by people around here.
For the last six years it has been credible to undermine IDNers and state that IDN.com are worthless. You chose the moment that it was no longer credible to do just that. As I said I refrained. You insisted that we respond to your crass remark. I obliged. What is your problem?