IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names

IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/)
-   डोमेन नाम हिन्दी (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/%E0%A4%A1%E0%A5%8B%E0%A4%AE%E0%A5%87%E0%A4%A8-%E0%A4%A8%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%AE-%E0%A4%B9%E0%A4%BF%E0%A4%A8%E0%A5%8D%E0%A4%A6%E0%A5%80/)
-   -   Its high time you should develop your Hindi IDN (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/26870-its-high-time-you-should-develop-your-hindi-idn.html)

DktoInc 5th August 2010 02:41 AM

Re: Its high time you should develop your Hindi IDN

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwhhisc (Bericht 165936)
I think the point here is the majority of native speaking Indian domainers (mostly voiced at namepros) give Indian IDNs zero chance of success. They emphatically believe the Indian internet will always be based on Engish language and english urls.

In regards to that I think its good that they think that way, more for me.

Just because a 1000 lazy people don't want to develop content in Hindi, doesn't mean that the other 1.2 billion think the same way.
Give it 2-5 years and see that happens especially now that everyone can afford a computer for 1500 rupees ($35) to start with. It will only get cheaper.
With so much IT, software development, and engineering coming from India's silicone valley, its only a matter of 1 large corp. making additions to their business strategy and show interest in the local market and everyone else will follow. I think every one is kind of waiting for all IDN cctlds and gtlds to be released before any multi-million decision can be made. No one wants to waist time or money and not get anything in return. Right now there is more focus on the English market because that is what brings home bread and butter. Once the market widens its horizons you will see how quickly the minds change. Every one needs to eat.

Rubber Duck 5th August 2010 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DktoInc (Bericht 165934)
cheaper then what you spent on Hindi IDNs ;)

Morecambe and Wise had nothing on you two!

DktoInc 5th August 2010 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubber Duck (Bericht 165956)
Morecambe and Wise had nothing on you two!

I don't get British comedy either. :no:

catchnames 5th August 2010 08:10 AM

1. Hindi content is there but not content on Hindi IDN.com.These are 2 different things.
2. Sure someone (or bunch) of people will take lead and develop Hindi IDN.If it is too late probably people may chose Hindi IDN.in alias.That was my point.
3.As far as people on namepros telling Hindi IDN junk.By randomly scanning a few hundred whois,I found there are a few big investor from India(Indian origin),who have invested in Hindi IDN.Probably,either they are silent and watching or they are not on namerpos.I guess they just want to avoid attention and grab remaining good .com maybe as and when available.Someone junk may be someone's gold.But What I know.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DktoInc (Bericht 165942)
In regards to that I think its good that they think that way, more for me.

Just because a 1000 lazy people don't want to develop content in Hindi, doesn't mean that the other 1.2 billion think the same way.
Give it 2-5 years and see that happens especially now that everyone can afford a computer for 1500 rupees ($35) to start with. It will only get cheaper.

Rubber Duck 5th August 2010 08:15 AM

By big, did you mean more than 5?

Of course their have been one or two big Hindi Investors on here, but don't assume they are all Indian or that all foreigners went to EBay.

If you cannot find me on your Who.is list then you need to do a bit more homework.

catchnames 5th August 2010 08:21 AM

Yes.I have seen two individual having more than 20 domains (I was not counting).I have scanned only around 100+ whois.One is respected member of this forum.One big Indian investor is from Jaipur India who has registered most of his name in 2005 and still holding.

Rubber Duck 5th August 2010 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catchnames (Bericht 165967)
Yes.I have seen two individual having more than 20 domains (I was not counting).I have scanned only around 100+ whois.One is respected member of this forum.One big Indian investor is from Jaipur India who has registered most of his name in 2005 and still holding.

So two respected members of this forum then.

DktoInc 5th August 2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubber Duck (Bericht 165968)
So two respected members of this forum then.

with India's 64% litteracy rate I wonder if those investors can spell. By the looks of things right now, still lots of top keywords are available in propper spelling, and I am not talking about English words spelled in Hindi.
(ex. car कार)

catchnames 5th August 2010 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DktoInc (Bericht 165976)
with India's 64% litteracy rate I wonder if those investors can spell. By the looks of things right now, still lots of top keywords are available in propper spelling, and I am not talking about English words spelled in Hindi.
(ex. car कार)

Why not you check whois before posting?
car.com कार.com
xn--11b8cxb.com
is taken back in 2005.I think I pointed to you before. And it is taken by your so called "illiterate" Indian. Since you never bother to check whois, I am doing it for you.
Domain Name: XN--11B8CXB.COM
Registrar: MONIKER

Registrant [492406]:
******NAME REMOVED BY MODERATOR STAFF************ Please do not post personal who.is data on forum
jaipur
rajasthan
IN

Administrative Contact [492406]:
******NAME REMOVED BY MODERATOR STAFF************ Please do not post personal who.is data on forum
jaipur
rajasthan
IN
Phone: +91.1412281212

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.YAHOO.COM
NS2.YAHOO.COM

Record created on: 2005-12-11 06:07:38.0
Database last updated on: 2009-12-08 18:58:00.36
Domain Expires on: 2010-12-11 06:07:38.0

DktoInc 5th August 2010 09:40 PM

[QUOTE=catchnames;165977]Why not you check whois before posting?
car.com कार.com
xn--11b8cxb.com
is taken back in 2005.I think I pointed to you before.And it is taken by your so called "illiterate" Indian.Since you never bother to check whois,I am doing it for you.
Domain Name: XN--11B8CXB.COM
Registrar: MONIKER

कार (car) is an english word, written in HINDI.
गाड़ी (car) is a hindi word for car, written in HINDI.

can you tell the difference?

http://translate.google.ca/translate...A4%BC%E0%A5%80

Or are you going to tell me that it's not used?

sbe18 5th August 2010 11:02 PM

great point on car ...

Hindi branding going forward will be a very interesting comparison with Japan.

Katakana/ Hiragana / Romaji spellings are all used for Western expressions in Japan..

Hindi is going to find a rapid grow of slang terms on the web.

It should be interesting as British based Indians vs American based Indians struggle with slang of their own, vs slang back in India itself.

Again, the 2 word / hyphen issue is unclear often in Hindi.

Buy to hold, and to develop ...

Buying for CPC or traffic is foolish for the short to medium run.

( except for a member here...who has 'cricket'.....:eek:

domainguru 6th August 2010 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DktoInc (Bericht 165976)
(ex. car कार)

I love all this talk of "litteracy" and "propper spelling", classic :)

BTW, I am still struggling to come to terms with this concept of words which are "proper" or not. It makes not a jot of difference where the word comes from, whether it is a translit or not, yada yada yada. Languages are not static objects. If it get searches on the web, its by definition "proper".

Rubber Duck 6th August 2010 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domainguru (Bericht 165982)
I love all this talk of "litteracy" and "propper spelling", classic :)

BTW, I am still struggling to come to terms with this concept of words which are "proper" or not. It makes not a jot of difference where the word comes from, whether it is a translit or not, yada yada yada. Languages are not static objects. If it get searches on the web, its by definition "proper".

Wot he said.

Rubber Duck 6th August 2010 05:52 AM

Besides the true term is Devengari not Hindi. This is about script not language.

DktoInc 6th August 2010 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubber Duck (Bericht 165988)
Besides the true term is Devengari not Hindi. This is about script not language.

Correct me if I am wrong gentlemen; Isn't the whole point of IDN domains is to reach markets not reachable by the English Internet?
By registering English words in different languages, you are kind of missing the mark.

domainguru 6th August 2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DktoInc (Bericht 165990)
Correct me if I am wrong gentlemen; Isn't the whole point of IDN domains is to reach markets not reachable by the English Internet?
By registering English words in different languages, you are kind of missing the mark.

I think you are missing the mark by a long long way .................... have a rethink about IDNs in general. Or for a start, just what you choose to write about them.

Quick example, the most searched term in Thai is "เกมส์" - its a translit from English, "games". So according to you, no good because it is an English word?

Except it gets 300K searches a day from Thais and has gotten us nearly 100M pageviews to our site, or "mini-site" as you so laughably put it ......

Honestly dude, your credibility rating when you arrived here was low, but now its "lower than a snake's belly" ............. have you thought about getting a job?

Patriot 6th August 2010 05:16 PM

http://www.BharatGO.com

Brought to you by your favorite 'self-promoter'.

http://www.BharatGO.com

DktoInc 6th August 2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domainguru (Bericht 165992)
I think you are missing the mark by a long long way .................... have a rethink about IDNs in general. Or for a start, just what you choose to write about them.

Quick example, the most searched term in Thai is "เกมส์" - its a translit from English, "games". So according to you, no good because it is an English word?

Except it gets 300K searches a day from Thais and has gotten us nearly 100M pageviews to our site, or "mini-site" as you so laughably put it ......

Honestly dude, your credibility rating when you arrived here was low, but now its "lower than a snake's belly" ............. have you thought about getting a job?

Listen, I can go on and on forever insulting your miniature mind, but I won't. Going down to your level would be an insult to myself.

The whole point that i was trying to express here is about Hindi Idns and the top keywords that are still available in Hindi not English for those who are still investing in Hindi IDN domains. I understand that many languages adapt English words, for example "Internet" but thats because its not called anything else. If you are not interested, then keep on playing those games of yours and don't interrupt. If you purchased a shitload of translitirations and now you want to big them up, then continue to do so. I will be happy to discuss this further with you.

Better yet, put your money where your mouth is and show me some real sales for those domains your are talking about.

Patriot 6th August 2010 05:48 PM

- Sorry Big Dog. Just trying to make another 5 bucks on a domain.
Nice job getting 100M page views on your domain.

bumblebee man 6th August 2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catchnames (Bericht 165977)
Registrant [492406]:
jaipur
rajasthan
IN

This guy's got an amazing Hindi porfolio. He pretty much owns all the .coms of the Hindi .nets I have plus many more of the very best terms.