IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Talk > IDN Newbies

IDN Newbies IDN domain newbie questions like What is an IDN domain, what are idners, how do you use punycode, is there a Japanese sedo etc. Since this is a new market please don't hesitate to ask questions...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th August 2010, 07:18 PM
Banned

domaing is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello Domainers

This is an exciting and highly unpredictable field. I am looking forward to share my perspective on few discussions here.

Happy domaining everyone!!!
Domaing.
Old 11th August 2010, 12:48 AM

sbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enough
Re: Hello Domainers

DomainG

Welcome to IDNF.

Can you let us know a little about what your interests are ?

thanks...
Steve

one of the mods....
Old 11th August 2010, 04:01 AM
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Hello Domainers

Thanks for welcoming me Steve.

I congratulate you and your team for wonderful work you guys have been keeping up!

One of my interests is very similar to members here. Business!

My Indian background will help with Indian languages subject.
Old 11th August 2010, 02:51 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

If it looks and smells like DktoInc, it probably is
Old 11th August 2010, 03:09 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
If it looks and smells like DktoInc, it probably is
It is kind of odd. This guy shows up on the forums as DK's white knight as soon as DK's posts about his "premium" hindi domains. Kind of odd. Kind of odd.
Old 11th August 2010, 04:46 PM

catchnames is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by domaing View Post
My Indian background will help with Indian languages subject.
If you not mind what Indian languages do you know?Its very hard to master 1-2 Indian language.
Old 11th August 2010, 06:22 PM

DktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura about

Domaing,

don't try to feed the pigs, they have already ate.
Old 11th August 2010, 06:57 PM
Banned

I see that i am grasping lots of attention already. Yes yes I am DktoInc...No no just kidding, I am not. :-)

I hope he is a smart guy to be least.

Catchnames - What is your point? I can understand the challenges you are facing with your mother tongue. Are you Bihari babu??!!?? :p
Old 11th August 2010, 07:19 PM
Banned

I not mind to dont mind!!! Please dont get offended my fellow Indian. I can read, write, speak fluent Hindi. Can speak and understand Punjabi, Gujarati, Bengali, Marathi, Sanskrit. Plus I can be extremely resourceful...have lots of friends who can write and read other languages I cant.

Last edited by domaing; 11th August 2010 at 07:21 PM..
Old 11th August 2010, 07:42 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Welcome to the board, domaing.

Nice to have another member fluent in Hindi.
Old 11th August 2010, 08:05 PM
Banned

Thanks Drewbert, much appreciated.
Old 11th August 2010, 09:08 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I not mind to dont mind!!! Please dont get offended my fellow Indian. I can read, write, speak fluent Hindi. Can speak and understand Punjabi, Gujarati, Bengali, Marathi, Sanskrit. Plus I can be extremely resourceful...have lots of friends who can write and read other languages I cant.
Welcome domaing.....do you think that people in India will like using native language domain names in native languages....especially those that can't read English?

Many Indian domainers, particularly those at Namepros have pretty much written off Indian IDNs as a waste of time and money.
Old 11th August 2010, 09:45 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

domaing- curious if you have found a few Hindi IDNs to register.
dktoinc has indicated in a few other posts that there are still some nice Hindi names out there. Care to share any you have registered?
Old 11th August 2010, 10:21 PM
Banned

Thanks bwhhisc.

I don't agree with anyone denying the potential value of Indian domains. Anyone with Indian domains will have to be patient. Things are already rolling as far as I have researched. Who so ever is not willing to hold or invest – let them be – more for me and others willing to invest!
I am a little bit late in the game. Dktoinc is right and wrong, I do see some interesting ones available and will do some more thinking and research before investing in them, but obvious money domains are gone.
Right now I am in the process of making a list of good IDNs to invest in while exploring other possibilities of making the most of this opportunity.
Old 12th August 2010, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Thanks bwhhisc. I don't agree with anyone denying the potential value of Indian domains. Anyone with Indian domains will have to be patient. Things are already rolling as far as I have researched. Who so ever is not willing to hold or invest – let them be – more for me and others willing to invest!
I am a little bit late in the game. Dktoinc is right and wrong, I do see some interesting ones available and will do some more thinking and research before investing in them, but obvious money domains are gone.
Right now I am in the process of making a list of good IDNs to invest in while exploring other possibilities of making the most of this opportunity.
Not even one "home run"....c'mon show off a bit
Old 12th August 2010, 12:21 AM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

I don't think he owns any Bill
Old 12th August 2010, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
I don't think he owns any Bill
Maybe he is smarter than all of us. lol

But maybe you can offer an opinion of whether this is top term and worth keeping.
Nice to have a native speaker here.
कुश्ती.com
Old 12th August 2010, 01:47 AM
Banned

I wish I could show off, that doesn't mean anything though. This is a race and I just took off, others here have been running. This doesn't mean you run faster. In other words - its never too late!

Now you are asking me useful stuff. This is what I have to offer, I was enjoying reading posts without registering as well.

कुश्ती.com\wrestling is one of the prime sports in India. Played mostly in urban parts of India. I wouldn't say it's a top\prime term as of yet. Hold it if you can. Or sell it to me for what it costed you so far.

Last edited by domaing; 12th August 2010 at 01:56 AM..
Old 12th August 2010, 02:10 AM

DktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I wish I could show off, that doesn't mean anything though. This is a race and I just took off, others here have been running. This doesn't mean you run faster. In other words - its never too late!

Now you are asking me useful stuff. This is what I have to offer, I was enjoying reading posts without registering as well.

कुश्ती.com\wrestling is one of the prime sports in India. Played mostly in urban parts of India. I wouldn't say it's a top\prime term as of yet. Hold it if you can. Or sell it to me for what it costed you so far.
DG,
Don't think of it as a race, think of it as treasure hunt. This ways you always have time to think logically and dig in the right spot and for less cost. Before you know it, you will have a portfolio that's actually valuable.
Old 12th August 2010, 02:54 AM
Banned

Roger that!