IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th May 2006, 04:31 PM

falco85 is an unknown quantity at this point
google bulk query

hi,
do you know of any script or free software able to give you the number of hits from google from a word list? Thanks
Old 7th May 2006, 04:40 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive
Re: google bulk query

IDNTools.net has just such a feature... and many others.
Old 8th May 2006, 07:10 AM

may I ask which are the "many others"? preferrably free, it's just a google api query and I may think to build myself a custom script... but I'm just too lazy :D
Old 8th May 2006, 07:14 AM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive

There is a bulk tool for Ovt (any language), Google, Yandex, status, and probably a few others.
Old 8th May 2006, 08:30 AM
Administrator

bramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bramiozo Send a message via Skype™ to bramiozo

To be precise; google,yahoo,rambler,yandex(wordstat),ovt,msn,baidu,iask,infoseek,albawaba,ayna and ozu. Of course I can add any SE that is in demand by the users (you can email me suggestions if you'd like) and there are more features to think of (multiple ovt for instance).
I have a multithreader function available (homemade..) to up the speed of all tools.
I also think I promised an automatic translator sometime ago...ah well work continues.

If you decide to join please follow http://www.idntools.net/center.php?aff=fabfive
Old 8th May 2006, 11:14 AM

As said I'm not going to pay for a service that I can find for free at 99,99% , and that I can build by myself with some coding and using the google api. I think idntools it's a great choice for who's not keen in programming but this is not my case. Thanks anyway!
Old 8th May 2006, 11:15 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by falco85
may I ask which are the "many others"? preferrably free, it's just a google api query and I may think to build myself a custom script... but I'm just too lazy
Quote:
As said I'm not going to pay for a service that I can find for free at 99,99% , and that I can build by myself with some coding and using the google api. I think idntools it's a great choice for who's not keen in programming but this is not my case. Thanks anyway!
Well you did say you were too lazy. If you are lazy in life you usually have to pay for things you could have done yourself if you applied yourself.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 8th May 2006 at 11:23 AM..
Old 8th May 2006, 11:26 AM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
Idntools is a great tool (when it works)

it's a wise investment to spend a couple of bucks on it, and spend the time you saved finding more domain names.
Old 8th May 2006, 04:33 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice
Talking Re: google bulk query

bramiozo, one question:

Have you been putting to "some" use the logs of idntools.net?
The temptation must be enormous.
Old 8th May 2006, 08:07 PM
Administrator

bramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished road

It's easy enough but then again, all good terms in the db have been regged.
For mining terms I have made a tool alright, but that's seperate from the ovt db.

I could make a list public every month with all available terms ? A top 100 ?
Old 8th May 2006, 08:25 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice
Talking Re: google bulk query

What do you mean, all regged? I am sure there must be some great term ideas people have searched with great OVT and have not been regged. You already admited you data mine this information. The question is, what use do you make of it?

Quote:
I could make a list public every month with all available terms ? A top 100 ?
Great, that would be great. Table with top montly 100 searched domains ordered by biggest OVT, biggest Google, ... (real time would be even greater... and fair)
Old 8th May 2006, 08:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose
What do you mean, all regged? I am sure there must be some great term ideas people have searched with great OVT and have not been regged. You already admited you data mine this information. The question is, what use do you make of it?

Great, that would be great. Table with top montly 100 searched domains ordered by biggest OVT, biggest Google, ... (real time would be even greater... and fair)
I do datamine using ovt, but that's seperate from the db, I simply feed lists of terms and it goes...

I have regged some names in february-march using the ovt-db, admittedly and shamefully, I found that a lot of the terms were short term (celebrities,manga figures), tm'ed, blocked and mostly .net's. It's a twilightzone, wrong or right, at the time I didn't see any harm in it since the information is basically from a public source, on the other hand it's not because the list as such is available only to me, the list you guys made, since I don't want any doubts about right or wrong that was a one time action.

I could make that list every month before I delete the old ovt-results, but I would want that to be within a fixed time-window at the last sunday or something like that.

p.s. with "all regged" I meant all the scores were entered by members who were searching for good terms to reg, therefore good terms would logically be regged, with exceptions of .net's maybe...

Last edited by bramiozo; 8th May 2006 at 08:57 PM..
Old 8th May 2006, 10:11 PM
Veteran

Thus you admit you have been gathering data from what idntools.net users search, data-mining and sorting it and using the results to register the best ones? :o
Old 8th May 2006, 10:38 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramiozo
I have regged some names in february-march using the ovt-db, admittedly and shamefully
Looks like thats exactly what he is admitting.
Old 8th May 2006, 10:47 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

bram,
If it was a free service I would understand. However in this case it is a paid service.
Old 9th May 2006, 12:59 AM
Veteran

Correct me if I am wrong, but in order to be legal, shouldn't that have to be on an agreement one have to read and agree before signing in?!

I hope bram will clear this out. I still hope we're not getting it right.
Old 9th May 2006, 01:18 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually, i thought it is understood that any names not registered within a week or two of the search ... Bram would consider them unwanted and take them?
Old 9th May 2006, 01:23 AM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road

In any case, the service was free in February, presumeably when the names were registered.
Old 9th May 2006, 01:53 AM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1
Thumbs down Re: google bulk query

This is uderly disgusting , i thought this was going on a few days ago ... I cant believe what im reading , correct me if im wrong ... is this still going on ?
Old 9th May 2006, 03:53 AM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramiozo
..I have regged some names in february-march using the ovt-db, admittedly and shamefully, I found that a lot of the terms were short term (celebrities,manga figures), tm'ed, blocked and mostly .net's. It's a twilightzone, wrong or right, at the time I didn't see any harm in it since the information is basically from a public source, on the other hand it's not because the list as such is available only to me, the list you guys made, since I don't want any doubts about right or wrong that was a one time action...

GOOD : Having the common sense to datamine in the first place
BAD : Regging from a paid service
GOOD : Admitting he did it

2:1