IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th September 2010, 05:00 AM

alibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to alibuba
Exclamation Taweem.com - The First Annual IDN Giveaway.

Taweem.com - The First Annual IDN Giveaway.

Just wanted to let everyone know here that taweem.com is giving away free IDN's at www.taweem.com/free-idn

These are great names followed by a great hosting company.

The names being offered are great names with some real gems included. If anyone has interest in winning some great IDN's then take a look, otherwise be sure to get your hosting done by a company that is aware of a changing internet.

If you are not interested in winning IDN's then consider us for great hosting services that go beyond the normal.

IDN draw ends October 29, 2010. Winners announced on Halloween Day.

If anyone has questions don't be hesitant to send them my way at, alig@taweem.com

My personal favorite is Mecca.net xn--ogb5cf.net مكة.net

This draws names include :

réplica.com Replica.com - Spanish
清酒.com Sake.com - Chinese
चित्रकला.com Painting.com - Hindi
संग्रहालय.com Museum.com - Hindi
بيره.com Beer.com - Arabic
الجينز.com Jeans.com - Arabic
مهرجان.com Festival.com - Arabic
يوجا.com Yoga.com - Arabic
التزحلق.com Skiing.com - Arabic
اكتشف.com Discover.com - Arabic
النكتة.com Jokes.com - Arabic
شاب.com Young.com - Arabic
الاحذيه.com Shoes.com - Arabic
ايجار.com Rent.com - Arabic
ابحار.com Sailing.com - Arabic
الغولف.com Golf.com - Arabic
إشتري.com Buy.com - Arabic
مكة.net mecca.net - Arabic
يطير.com Fly.com - Arabic
карьера.net Careers.net - Russian
новыефильмы.com NewMovies.com - Russian
טק.com Tech.com - Hebrew
میزبانی.com Host.com - Farsi

Let us know what you think at feedback@taweem.com

Add us on Facebook and Twitter.

Thanks for looking :D

Taweem.com
Old 7th September 2010, 05:37 AM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice
Re: Taweem.com - The First Annual IDN Giveaway.

Congrats on an unique new idea, but IMHO the problem is people are lazy to understand new concepts.

I myself don't have to time to develop mine, so would not developer other people's domains.

That's why IMHO this is not the right place to promote this. We, in here, have domains in excess and development in need. You should try places were the opposite occurs, like forums for php coders.
Old 7th September 2010, 06:10 AM

alibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your opinion Jose : )

It is not necessary for one to develop a name if won. You can keep the name until you feel you would like to develop. Another option would be to point the names to a parking platform. We want to be a quality hosting company to all of you who need it. These are great names and i am sure many of you do business with a hosting company. So why not give us a try and possibly win some great names for free.

We are currently developing some IDN centric applications that will help idn investors in correlation to web hosting.

Taweem.com

Last edited by alibuba; 7th September 2010 at 06:18 AM..
Old 7th September 2010, 08:29 AM

andre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibuba View Post
Taweem.com - The First Annual IDN Giveaway.

Just wanted to let everyone know here that taweem.com is giving away free IDN's at www.taweem.com/free-idn
I like the design and look of your home page. But there is a but The image of the folded paper boats has the meta statement with 8859-1. I think it better that this text is replaced with utf-8.

There are still far too many sites that still use iso-8859-1 instead of utf-8 and we need to encourage people to use utf-8. Your site is of course utf-8.

André 小山 Schappo
http://乖乖集团.中国/
Old 7th September 2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre View Post
I like the design and look of your home page. But there is a but The image of the folded paper boats has the meta statement with 8859-1. I think it better that this text is replaced with utf-8.

There are still far too many sites that still use iso-8859-1 instead of utf-8 and we need to encourage people to use utf-8. Your site is of course utf-8.

André 小山 Schappo
http://乖乖集团.中国/
That's a reply i would have never guessed. But yes you are correct. We are advertising something a little off. Thank you for the kind words about the site.

ايجار.com Rent.com xn--mgbaov6j.com

IDN.bz score 86.34
Top keyword domain!
Google.com search results=6.640.000
Yahoo.com search results=1.150.000

English translation= Rent
Reverse translation EXACT MATCH
(Most probably a Prime Term)
Google Trends=YES
Bing translation: Rent

Country CPC Traffic
Saudi Arabia(SA) $0.19 to $0.29 48 to 67
Egypt(EG) $0.12 to $0.19 65 to 65

Rent.com is in the Draw. 55 days in counting till its too late.
Old 7th September 2010, 04:32 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

What is the point in giving them away?
Old 7th September 2010, 04:45 PM

bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast View Post
What is the point in giving them away?
As far as I understood the idea is keeping the ownership and giving away the admin rights only while getting paid for hosting.
Old 7th September 2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee man View Post
As far as I understood the idea is keeping the ownership and giving away the admin rights only while getting paid for hosting.
Correct. We want to give away some names in exchange for the hosting. The point of giving them away is to share what we have and increase activity.
Old 7th September 2010, 05:44 PM

alexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enough

Its an interesting concept, though slightly misleading, as you are not really giving away the names - more like renting them out. To be honest, I am not sure that you will find too many people ( especially here on IDNforums ) who would be interested in developing a site which belongs to someone else. However, good luck with the venture - at least you are thinking outside the box and offering something different.

Old 7th September 2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexd View Post
Its an interesting concept, though slightly misleading, as you are not really giving away the names - more like renting them out. To be honest, I am not sure that you will find too many people ( especially here on IDNforums ) who would be interested in developing a site which belongs to someone else. However, good luck with the venture - at least you are thinking outside the box and offering something different.
I would consider it far from renting as the name belongs to the winner so long that they do not drop their hosting account for a total of over 6 months.

Im sure many would like to get some better names in their portfolio and not everyone here has great names. I am also sure that many require hosting for other projects that require it.

Once the name is won it is far from our control and it is yours to point anywhere you like.

Last edited by alibuba; 7th September 2010 at 06:44 PM..
Old 7th September 2010, 07:01 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I would consider it far from renting as the name belongs to the winner so long that they do not drop their hosting account for a total of over 6 months.

Im sure many would like to get some better names in their portfolio and not everyone here has great names. I am also sure that many require hosting for other projects that require it.

Once the name is won it is far from our control and it is yours to point anywhere you like.
Who's names in on the WHOIS?
Old 7th September 2010, 07:12 PM

All the names in our portfolio belong to us. We do not offer others domains in the giveaway.

The majority of the names belong to me.
Old 7th September 2010, 07:15 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
All the names in our portfolio belong to us. We do not offer others domains in the giveaway.

The majority of the names belong to me.
Sorry, you've lost me. I am simply asking about the names you are "giving away", who's name is on the WHOIS after you "give them away". Because if it is still yours, then clearly in no way are you giving the names away, you are simply letting people borrow them for a while.
Old 7th September 2010, 07:21 PM

Sorry, yes the names are changed to the winners information.
Old 7th September 2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Sorry, yes the names are changed to the winners information.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 7th September 2010, 07:52 PM

except your website says, and I quote .... "we remain the owners of each and every name" .........

I think you have at best a very confusing offer, at worst no offer at all.

These kind of deals just don't work out. Just one quick scenario, what if someone "wins" a name, develops a site with it, and then the owner (you), gets a $100K offer for the name from someone else? Are you going to share that $100K with the "winner", turn the deal down? No I didn't think so ....

I won't even bother suggesting you have a re-think because that will happen naturally when you realize nobody is going to take up this offer.

K.I.S.S.
Old 7th September 2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
except your website says, and I quote .... "we remain the owners of each and every name" .........

I think you have at best a very confusing offer, at worst no offer at all.

These kind of deals just don't work out. Just one quick scenario, what if someone "wins" a name, develops a site with it, and then the owner (you), gets a $100K offer for the name from someone else? Are you going to share that $100K with the "winner", turn the deal down? No I didn't think so ....

I won't even bother suggesting you have a re-think because that will happen naturally when you realize nobody is going to take up this offer.

K.I.S.S.

The name is not eligible for sale as stated. We would not sell to anyone. The name is under your control. If people are interested in hearing about received offers we would be happy to forward them to winners of the names.

Besides these 23 domains we have thousands more. The basis of the draw is to share what we have in exchange for your business and never to screw people over.

I will state it again we can not sell your name.
Old 7th September 2010, 09:04 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Sorry, but IMHO, it will fail for the same reason Bido failed: too complex.

But you're not alone. I've been there, everyday new people are doing the same mistake over and over: http://domainnamewire.com/2010/09/07...omain-trading/

Remember that the top selling App for iPhone for a long time was a farting button.

Last edited by jose; 7th September 2010 at 09:08 PM..
Old 7th September 2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose View Post
Sorry, but IMHO, it will fail for the same reason Bido failed: too complex.

But you're not alone. I've been there, everyday new people are doing the same mistake over and over: http://domainnamewire.com/2010/09/07...omain-trading/

Remember that the top selling App for iPhone for a long time was a farting button.
This honestly is not a complex thing. Win a name and you get it that's it.

Even if we had a 10 million dollar offer on one of the names we have no right as stated to take away the name from you which is under your administration.

The reason we don't just hand over the name is because most would take it and run. We are a webhost and our business is webhosting. That is all we want.
Old 7th September 2010, 09:46 PM

Teo is an unknown quantity at this point

"Even if we had a 10 million dollar offer on one of the names we have no right as stated to take away the name from you which is under your administration"

So you will reject 10.000.000$ for someone who will pay you 10$ monthly?