IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th September 2010, 08:26 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

555 has disabled reputation
Rumor: Limit of 3 .рф registration per Russian Citizen

Since the anti monopoly office in Russia did not allow the originally planned dutch auction format starting at 10 million ruble (300k usd+) the Coordination center is looking for other ways for the planned public registration for .рф domains

http://roem.ru/2010/09/12/addednews16317/
Old 12th September 2010, 09:26 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough
Re: Rumor: Limit of 3 .рф registration per Russian Citizen

They should just cancel the whole thing. Why should citizens own domains? Only rightfully registered trade mark owners and government entities should have the privilege.
Old 12th September 2010, 09:31 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Yeah, I read that. I don't see how that's going to stop anything. What are they going to do? Verify that every single registrant is who they say they are? Multiple family members, fake names, et cetera. If people want to game the system; they'll game it. Jeez, just let the public register already. Well, the few people that can afford the price.

I also read that the date for open registration is the 8th of November. But that will probably change again. I can't seem to find the article though.
Old 12th September 2010, 11:54 PM

bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about

Gotta love those Russians:

1st: Allow some people to reg names like секс.рф as a trademark.

2nd: Fight off those evil cybersquatters who want to reg generics.

:D
Old 13th September 2010, 12:13 AM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Did they just graduate from registry school ?
Old 13th September 2010, 12:51 AM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast View Post
They should just cancel the whole thing. Why should citizens own domains? Only rightfully registered trade mark owners and government entities should have the privilege.
LOL. Seriously, I had no idea that Russia was this against people investing and making money.

There have been three phases of sunrise for trademark holders. How in the hell is it cybersquatting when companies who want to register a .rf have had a whole year?

Quote:
Did they just graduate from registry school ?
I think they're going for the, "Let's kill this extension right from the start" tactic.

Russia, if you want to start the next silicon valley. It might help if you can learn how to handle domain names.

This stuff just gets better by the day.
Old 13th September 2010, 01:40 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

The common man should not own domain names. Only special entities should. This is why the prices were set high, but now they have realized that those capable of paying have already gotten the names through trade mark registration and government access, the scheme is off.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 13th September 2010 at 01:43 AM..
Old 13th September 2010, 01:53 AM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Any TLD that starts with a sunrise period for TM holders should - after that - not require a UDRP, as the IP people have been given their early shot at it.