IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Talk > Idners Clubhouse

Idners Clubhouse Idners Clubhouse is the place to hang out & chill when you just feel you've searched for IDN Domains a tad too much. General offtopic conversation. Please don't post SPAM here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd September 2010, 06:16 AM

sbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enough
a football question for the EU members

My 10 year old asked me a great question on euro football today.

Do all of the major nation football associations basically have the same
rules for sending the bottom teams to lower leagues and for ascending ?

And do they have the same rules for teams to be bought and sold privately ?

yes...Liverpool and Man U 's cowboy owners suck...

I found the info for the FA, but can't really find the correct information for
Spain, Ger., France, Italy, Hol.,

But on the FA, I could not find if the rules from Premier to Championship to League one, to league 2 to conference premier are all the same for going up and for sliding down...

side note on QPR ...here's hoping....

thanks...

Steve
Old 23rd September 2010, 06:24 AM
Administrator

bramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bramiozo Send a message via Skype™ to bramiozo
Re: a football question for the EU members

Premier -> first, directly for bottom team, the two teams above that compete with
eight teams from the first division for a place in the premier division, those eight teams must have ended first in one period (of about 5 matches).
Old 23rd September 2010, 07:25 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramiozo View Post
Premier -> first, directly for bottom team, the two teams above that compete with
eight teams from the first division for a place in the premier division, those eight teams must have ended first in one period (of about 5 matches).
Now I am confused but I am sure my boss will know. His son turn five the weekend and promptly got signed up by Manchester City. Bitter blow for a Man U Fan.
Old 23rd September 2010, 09:46 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramiozo View Post
I'm sure there are two consecutive correct words in that explanation but I can't quite find them yet .... have another go
Old 23rd September 2010, 10:28 AM

alexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enough

I can't bring myself to talk about football today after last nights demise of the my beloved Liverpool FC !!

Old 23rd September 2010, 11:21 AM

bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbe18 View Post
Do all of the major nation football associations basically have the same
rules for sending the bottom teams to lower leagues and for ascending ?
Nope, this varies from country to country. Some leagues do have relegation play-offs (bottom teams of higher leage play against top teams of lower league) and some don't.

In Germany the bottom two from Bundesliga exchange places with top 2 teams of 2nd division (Unlike the English we don't call our 2nd division 1st division) while the third from last (Bundesliga) plays the 3rd (2nd division).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbe18 View Post
And do they have the same rules for teams to be bought and sold privately ?
In Germany you can't actually buy a club. Public limited companies can be founded but the majority of shares has to remain at the club. For some reason however VFL Wolfsburg and Bayer Leverkusen are 100% subsidiaries of Volkswagen and Bayer.

My club (Schalke 04) is owned by the bank.

In Spain the clubs are owned by the club members.
Old 23rd September 2010, 05:29 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

I think you will find that we call our third level league, the first division.
Old 23rd September 2010, 07:49 PM

Teo is an unknown quantity at this point

Berbatov!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexd View Post
I can't bring myself to talk about football today after last nights demise of the my beloved Liverpool FC !!
Old 24th September 2010, 12:39 AM

sbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for all the answers above.

Next, I am facing explaining to my son, the different euro tournaments.
Club, champions cup, and the european cup.
:D